Benjamin St Juste Going Pro

Did Terrell Smith out grow the position? He showed a lot of promise three seasons ago. Dude is like the size of a OLB now.
I’m not sure but I think linebacker may be his best chance to see the field. He’s got some athletic talent for sure, but he is way to handsy to be a CB. Staff has worked with him hard at trying to cover receivers rather than grab them and they have been unsuccessful.

I’m not sure but I think linebacker may be his best chance to see the field. He’s got some athletic talent for sure, but he is way to handsy to be a CB. Staff has worked with him hard at trying to cover receivers rather than grab them and they have been unsuccessful.
Unfortunately I think tackling was also an issue.

Peanut - you’re back! I’m sure 2019 was painful for you as you watched a PJ led Gopher team go 11-2. How are your heroes Jerry and Tracy? It seems like they’ve fallen on hard times since their careers peaked at the U.
Can't stand a little sarcasm. You're so brilliant with the nick names. Where did I go?

This is college FB. not counting covid years, every year the SR's graduate. If you have really good underclassmen, they might go pro.

Turnover is a fact of life in college football.

Teams with sustained success are able to recruit good players, and coach them to play effectively in their system.

if the Gophers are pinning their hopes for next year on guys coming back for a 6th season, that is not a sustainable model.

Your post implies PJ feels this way. A bunch of people not affiliated with the program are discussing it on an online message board. Why do you think this model is his plan? Just a nonsense say nothing post.

Wonder if this has anything to do with Dickerson’s decision??

If he is afraid to come to a school that has players at his position... college athletics may not suit him. He isn’t a QB competing with Peyton Manning, every team has guys that play CB

It makes sense for St Juste to move on given his age and the degrees he's accumulated. Smart move for him and I'll be rooting for him to get drafted and failing that to make a team in camp.

On the field, I thought we saw a noticeable step back from him this year. Didn't seem as physical in the tackling department or as sticky in coverage. Still a big loss for the program and we might need to look to the transfer market to fill the void. PJ's been 2 for 2 in that department with Williamson and St Juste.

St. Juste was put on an island a bit for us (he was last year as well). He wasn't perfect but CBs who are put on an island will have some have some tough moments when they are playing for a team without a great pass rush. He'll be missed. I think he gets a crack at the NFL.

Time for T. Smith or Glaze to step up. I was also pleasantly surprised with Harris and Howard this year. It's not that they were great, but they were better than I thought. There are always surprises.

If he is afraid to come to a school that has players at his position... college athletics may not suit him. He isn’t a QB competing with Peyton Manning, every team has guys that play CB
Well I was thinking both ways. But probably not

T. Smith??? He barely played. I'm sure there's a reason for that.

I'm hoping Howard comes back. If so, I expect him and Durr to start out wide.

J Harris would only be a fifth year player next year, so hopefully back as well.

I wish him the best, but Durr played better this year.

He will be drafted. His size alone.

Also, he is a nice college CB. Not going in the first 3 rounds, but he will be on someone's radar.

Williamson was round 7 and I think he was better. I think BSJ gets an NFL tryout but probably ends up in the CFL. He's basically guaranteed a spot there.

It makes sense for St Juste to move on given his age and the degrees he's accumulated. Smart move for him and I'll be rooting for him to get drafted and failing that to make a team in camp.

On the field, I thought we saw a noticeable step back from him this year. Didn't seem as physical in the tackling department or as sticky in coverage. Still a big loss for the program and we might need to look to the transfer market to fill the void. PJ's been 2 for 2 in that department with Williamson and St Juste.
St Juste looked worse this year because it’s a lot easier playing corner when you’re the 8th or 9th best guy on the defense as opposed to 2nd or 3rd. Even if you’re the same guy.

I am a big fan of St Juste. I always thought he looked more like a safety.

That players go pro early is a shame. We lost an All-American d-back who was a SOPHOMORE. Same thing with Maxx Williams, a tight end a few years back. Our pre-season All American receiver, Bateman, drops out, then comes back if he can wear a politically-based double zero jersey, then drops out of the final two games, political cause going up in smoke. Ends up going pro without finishing his abbreviated junior season and makes only 3rd team all-conference. What if the greatest players in Gopher history had gone pro as sophomores or juniors? Would change our football history drastically. I know, I know - money, money, but NCAA should not allow going pro until after a completed junior season (except for injuries).

That players go pro early is a shame. We lost an All-American d-back who was a SOPHOMORE. Same thing with Maxx Williams, a tight end a few years back. Our pre-season All American receiver, Bateman, drops out, then comes back if he can wear a politically-based double zero jersey, then drops out of the final two games, political cause going up in smoke. Ends up going pro without finishing his abbreviated junior season and makes only 3rd team all-conference. What if the greatest players in Gopher history had gone pro as sophomores or juniors? Would change our football history drastically. I know, I know - money, money, but NCAA should not allow going pro until after a completed junior season (except for injuries).
How would you propose enforcing the ban on going pro early? Kidnapping?

I think the professional leagues set the rules for when one can go pro.

Don't forget Vanek and Kessel.

Williamson was round 7 and I think he was better. I think BSJ gets an NFL tryout but probably ends up in the CFL. He's basically guaranteed a spot there.

We ask way more out of St. Juste, we did last year too. Williamson, even on our team last year, played the slot, partially because he was never put on an island. I like Williamson and he was great in that spot, but that's completely different than being on an island with a WR1 or WR2.

Winfield was only a sophomore by eligibility, he was a senior academically.

Guys are allowed to leave, as they should be. They can simply just sit out if they wanted, which hurts the NCAA more than it hurts them.

The fact that you are against allowing people to work is insane.

Top Bottom