Is It Time To BENCH WEBER?

• YES

Votes: 53 53.5%
  • NO

Votes: 46 46.5%

• Total voters

thailleagle

Reaction score
3 years worth of experience and 5 games into this season I am *OFFICIALLY* done with Weber...

Weber Defenders, please state your case....... :rolleyes:

i think i am with you. weber just doesn't seem to be able to execute in pressure situations. sure his line (espeically wills) wasn't helping him everytime. but, weber freaks out when he has any pressure.

Might as well bench the whole starting line if we are going to bench Weber....

I can't believe Weber gave up 7 yards a carry to the Badger offense. Move him to QB.

i think i am with you. weber just doesn't seem to be able to execute in pressure situations. sure his line (espeically wills) wasn't helping him everytime. but, weber freaks out when he has any pressure.

Just like the last drive at Syracuse? Fourth quarter win at Northwestern?

I agree. It is time to take the offense in a new direction. We are not going to win any big games with Weber. Give Gray the experience.

I can't believe Weber gave up 7 yards a carry to the Badger offense. Move him to QB.

Please keep the focus on OFFENSE...PLEASE explain why after 3 years Weber is still making Freshman mistakes? Please state your case on why you would rather keep Weber in there and not try Gray out...Please ***STAY ON TOPIC***.......

Those were crappy teams. Once we start playing good teams, Weber will melt like he did today against Wis.

The only group that didn't step up during the end of the game was the O-line. Defense stepped up and got that fumble recovery and stopped them on 3rd and 10 or whatever it was. Weber stepped up as much as he could with two guys in his face every play of the last drive.

You mean games where we shouldn't have been in that position to begin with? We were up 13-3 and BLEW THE LEAD and we were up 21-10 and BLEW THE LEAD.......

The only group that didn't step up during the end of the game was the O-line. Defense stepped up and got that fumble recovery and stopped them on 3rd and 10 or whatever it was. Weber stepped up as much as he could with two guys in his face every play of the last drive.

How about trying to throw the ball away?

Let's see Weber has to get rid of the ball quicker he needs to realize his OL will not give him much time. Good god is our OL awful they rush five and get pressure, awful. Oh, and we cannot stop a quality running back.

we kicked a field goal off a turnover to beat syracuse. our defense put the nail in the coffin of the northwestern game. imo, weber really only made plays anyone QB should have made in those games.

Please keep the focus on OFFENSE...PLEASE explain why after 3 years Weber is still making Freshman mistakes? Please state your case on why you would rather keep Weber in there and not try Gray out...Please ***STAY ON TOPIC***.......

It would be a horrible mistake throwing Gray out there with our toughest games coming up. If Gray doesn't work out who are you all going to blame next our losses for next? Brew because he couldn't get a better rated QB out of high school than Gray?

How about trying to throw the ball away?

It's the last series of the game and you want him to just throw the ball away and not try to make a play? He has to do something out there. If he threw the ball away you would be calling for his head anyways so what's the difference?

How dare you say anything negative about the Gophers. Come on Bronko, you're better than that!

It would be a horrible mistake throwing Gray out there with our toughest games coming up. If Gray doesn't work out who are you all going to blame next our losses for next? Brew because he couldn't get a better rated QB out of high school than Gray?

Weber is the Past, Gray is the future, what are we working towards?

well it doesn't help that the o-line gives him no time. i'm not saying he's great but idk that grey would do better with this kind of blocking and his inexperience

well it doesn't help that the o-line gives him no time. i'm not saying he's great but idk that grey would do better with this kind of blocking and his inexperience

actually, gray would likely do better. gray has good feet and speed and could run for yards when the pocket starts to breaks down. weber can not do that.

The biggest reason I don't want Gray in there right now is because of inexperience. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but he hasn't thrown a pass in his career right? I don't have any doubt he could get away from some of the d-lineman that get through, but I wouldn't trust him in the pocket against OSU and Penn State in the next few weeks. I would like to see him next year if Weber doesn't show any improvement from now until the end of the year, but throwing him to the dogs right now isn't the answer.

We play in the Big 10, one of the best conferences in football and while we have some good talent, we have other players that can't compete at this level. We just played a game that wasn't decided until the last seconds against Wisconsin team that is more talented than us. Coaching was fine, players played hard, and we had a chance to win the game. You can always question the coaching when things don't work, but overall they did a good job to keep us in the game.

Man, do we need an O line that can play the whole game.

I'm not convinced that Gray would be any better but I certainly want to see what the kid can do and no better time to experiment than a season with no realistic chance at a decent bowl game. JMHO...

We play in the Big 10, one of the best conferences in football and while we have some good talent, we have other players that can't compete at this level. We just played a game that wasn't decided until the last seconds against Wisconsin team that is more talented than us. Coaching was fine, players played hard, and we had a chance to win the game. You can always question the coaching when things don't work, but overall they did a good job to keep us in the game.

Man, do we need an O line that can play the whole game.

I think the Gophers' problems run far deeper than a soft offensive line.

I hope he doesn't start one game this year for the mere fact that our OL is so bad. I'd rather let him keep whatever confidence he has right now instead of feeding him to OSU and PSU which would be all over him. Weber doesn't even have time to throw the ball away. One second was all it took and he was cornered in the pocket. Plus, why would you want him to throw it away at the end of the game? He had to try to make a play.

Top Bottom