Bench Pryor rumblings

Mr. Samsonite

Reaction score
There has been a lot of talk about benching Pryor over at ohio state, so i guess this type of stuff happens somewhere else too. Do we really want to be on the same level as the idiot ohio state fans who are known all over for being jackasses or can we start just cheering for who is out there and put some trust in our coaches once, Pryor is struggling with a great oline and great wideouts, what makes everyone think marqueis gray will be the savior of a team with no oline and one great wideout

I think you're forwarding a bit of a straw man here. Nobody, at least nobody I've seen, thinks that Gray will be a savior. However with how anemic the passing offense has been people want to at least see a little bit of Gray to start getting a feeling for what might be coming down the pipes.

I havent heard anyone call the OSU recievers great...

I would say they are talented, but also pretty young as a whole.

I havent heard anyone call the OSU recievers great...

I would say they are talented, but also pretty young as a whole.

I agree though, Adam Weber should continue to start.

What I dont understand is why, once we were out of the game we didnt at least get Gray some in game snaps. I suppose Brew thinks we have enough to worry about with getting our starting O on track before giving backups experience.

If all else fails we should get a better look at Gray during the south dakota game.

OSU has one of the worst O-lines in the big ten.

If theirs is one of the worst, ours has to be the worst. Or, they certainly are playing like it. I had such high hopes for our offensive line before the season began...

There has been a lot of talk about benching Pryor over at ohio state, so i guess this type of stuff happens somewhere else too. Do we really want to be on the same level as the idiot ohio state fans who are known all over for being jackasses

I was actually watching the 4th quarter of that game fully expecting Pryor to be gone each time the offense jogged out on the field, and genuinely surprised when he wasn't. That was some brutal quarterbacking.

...I at one point thought about posting here about how Weber was at least looking better than Pryor. Then PSU happened.

I take Green, Stoudamire, Allen, Hayo and McKnight over OSU's receivers.

Until Weber blows the big one, and I mean big one, aganst a subpar team that we are expected to beat (SDSU, Illinois), he's the qb, and should be as long as we're in bowl contention. I would love to see him have a decent game this week, and a good game against MSU, just so we can put this crap to rest outside of a few trolls.

What has hurt Gray....

.....has been the lack of a cupcake on the schedule. One benefit from having an early
cupcake is that it gives LOTS of players some valuable playing time. A guy like
Gray could have used 6-7 series against a team we were blowing out. Giving him
the keys to the offense in any remaining Big Ten game is unsettling at this point.

Pryor is proof that ratings don't always mean much. He's nearly two years into his career, and he still looks clueless whenever he passes. Wonderful athlete, a threat when he runs, but still a horrific throwing QB to this point in his career. I'm surprised how little he's progressed.

Wisky seems to be waivering on QB as well. Seems to come with losing.

Top Bottom