Ben Johnson is a Disaster

First 2 years and he wasn’t left crap for players. In Fleckspeak this would be year zero.
I can't tell if I'm more excited for CBJ to be fired or for when CBJ gets fired to get Rockraven or whatever new username he picks to be gone from the board. NEVER would he admit he's way wrong and a total moron.

I can't tell if I'm more excited for CBJ to be fired or for when CBJ gets fired to get Rockraven or whatever new username he picks to be gone from the board. NEVER would he admit he's way wrong and a total moron.
If CBJ gets fired in the next 365 I will leave the board as long as you agree to leave the board if he isn’t fired in the next 365 days. Permanent status. No return. My only concern is injuries, that will be what it will be.

If CBJ gets fired in the next 365 I will leave the board as long as you agree to leave the board if he isn’t fired in the next 365 days. Permanent status. No return. My only concern is injuries, that will be what it will be.
How about a suicide pact?🤔

First 2 years and he wasn’t left crap for players. In Fleckspeak this would be year zero.
The second year was his own doing, you need to stop. It’s year three in a new world. He needed to do a better job in the portal . He hasn’t and it’s biting him in the ass. He needs to win this year . Year three should not have any excuses barring the whole team coming down with mono.

The second year was his own doing, you need to stop. It’s year three in a new world. He needed to do a better job in the portal . He hasn’t and it’s biting him in the ass. He needs to win this year . Year three should not have any excuses barring the whole team coming down with mono.
At the rate he is going, I'm not sure he could get mono to come here. 😜

Buyout brethren remain strong in long term faith as we embark on another calamitous year.

You've done this before and then returned with a new name.

Looking at a few posts on this thread. If CBJ wins five games in the B1G, he's getting a fourth year. There's no way Whalen gets five years and Johnson gets less than four years unless it's another last place finish. I don't think Whalen ever finished last but she was sub mediocre all the way through, showed no improvement and the program was always in turmoil.

I also think CBJ can coach and recruit. 2023-2024 will be better than anticipated. Henley is the only loss from last year's team that represents upside. (Battle was a net even.) Get Johnson some NIL money and he'll be fine. Players want dollars.

Last edited:

Looking at a few posts on this thread. If CBJ wins five games in the B1G, he's getting a fourth year. There's no way Whalen gets five years and Johnson gets less than four years unless it's another last place finish. I don't think Whalen ever finished last but she was sub mediocre all the way through, showed no improvement and the program was always in turmoil.
As bad as Whalen was, she was way better than Ben Johnson. It's not even close.

I have no idea if this is your motive, but everyone else who has made the Whalen comparison seems to be trying to back door into the idea that if Ben doesn't get 5 seasons, we have somehow treated him unfairly compared to Whalen.

We haven't. Ben Johnson's teams have been way worse than Whalen's and if he saves his job by finishing 13th in the Big 10 and going 5-15, it's a travesty.

When have I ever engaged in a wager on the board before? Never! Do you lie because you are a lawyer or otherwise engrained behavior.
You've already replied to this post. Replying to the same post multiple times makes you look extremely sensitive.

You've made an ass out of yourself with proclamations that turned out to be incorrect and then came back with new user names. You're constantly wrong. You're so wrong that even you get embarrassed for how awful your takes are and you leave in a dramatic way and return with a new screen name. Again, I understand why you're embarrassed about your takes, you're never right. Like ever. You will, very likely, disappear again after we see Betts play, after we see Battle play for OSU, and whatever other goofy stuff you've said. You'll be wrong all off season and become hyper focused on something in the future again. Then those will be wrong and you'll have some other hissy fit and leave the board and return with some stupid name. We'll all know it's you right away because your takes are so awful, you won't know how to reply to threads, and you'll get every single prediction wrong.

This is your world. It's happened 3 times already. Waiting on the fourth. . .

Excuses already :rolleyes:

NW wins without even having a NIL collective setup.

I also think CBJ can coach and recruit. 2023-2024 will be better than anticipated. Henley is the only loss from last year's team that represents upside. (Battle was a net even.) Get Johnson some NIL money and he'll be fine. Players want dollars.
I don’t have the numbers, but the magnitude of lost revenue against some program baseline must be considered for both men’s and women’s. I would wager men’s basketball represents a much bigger slice of the revenue potential. That’s one possible basis.

Glad to see it. Looks like it just started hiring people in Dec 2022, so just getting off the ground this spring.

https://truenu.org/meet-the-team/

LOL, hopefully you have season tickets because you'll be one of the last fans left in the barn. There is zero reason to keep a coach who after 3 seasons can't equal the 6 B1G wins Pitino was fired for in his last season.

Lindsay Whalen was 21-33 (.389) in the B1G after 3 seasons.

Ben Johnson would be 11-48 (.186) after 3 seasons, if he wins 5 games this year.

Plus Whalen was pulling in top recruiting classes while Ben's are at the bottom of the B1G. It's a ridiculous comparison.

I don’t have the numbers, but the magnitude of lost revenue against some program baseline must be considered for both men’s and women’s. I would wager men’s basketball represents a much bigger slice of the revenue potential. That’s one possible basis.
Another possible basis, let's call it the "Spokesman-Recorder basis", is that if BJ doesn't get exactly what Whalen got, then ....... you know what.

Reactions: sal

I like your vibe and your hope, but all of us hoped for and expected better results than we've seen so far (even with people's initial low expectations), and even 5 wins would have been 13th place last year. Every projection I've seen so far has the Gophers finishing 13th or 14th next year with this roster. If that meets the expectations of the athletic department and the fans, and people are satisfied with that being our program's lot, then sure, give the guy more time.

Another possible basis, let's call it the "Spokesman-Recorder basis", is that if BJ doesn't get exactly what Whalen got, then ....... you know what.
If they're going to write that article, they're going to write no matter when you fire him. Pitino got 8 etc. It doesn't matter. We're being picked to finish dead last for the 3rd straight year. If we do, he's fired. Most likely no one will even care enough to bother with fake outrage. Gopher basketball has fallen totally off the map in Minnesota sports.

If they're going to write that article, they're going to write no matter when you fire him. Pitino got 8 etc. It doesn't matter. We're being picked to finish dead last for the 3rd straight year. If we do, he's fired. Most likely no one will even care enough to bother with fake outrage. Gopher basketball has fallen totally off the map in Minnesota sports.
I predict we'd hear the vague sentiment of "he wasn't given a fair chance, and he would have if he'd been white." And the vagueness of it will attract vague general support in concept, although few if any would be able to articulate just what a fair chance ought to have been. Sure, we're lagging behind with the new financial landscape, but so are many other places that are doing well better than this program.

I predict we'd hear the vague sentiment of "he wasn't given a fair chance, and he would have if he'd been white." And the vagueness of it will attract vague general support in concept, although few if any would be able to articulate just what a fair chance ought to have been. Sure, we're lagging behind with the new financial landscape, but so are many other places that are doing well better than this program.
There's a point where that will happen, but I'm not convinced 5-15 and 14th place for the 3rd year in a row is where the line is. Public interest will be completely dead at that point with 2K in the stands. "Give him more time" is a hard argument to make with a straight face in that case.

Even the "but Pitino" argument fails at that point. Pitino won 17 B1G games in his first 3 years in 5 less chances. If Ben gets to 17 B1G wins in 3 years, he will absolutely get year 4. If he gets to 15 he probably will.

Top Bottom