Ben Johnson Enters the transfer Portal

SanDiegoGopherFan

Reaction score
Per Shoooter:

Psssh...After only 6 weeks on the job, gopher's coach Ben Johnson has entered the transfer portal. He learned that due to a loop hole, he was eligible for one last year of college basketball. Since he previously transferred from Northwestern to Minnesota, he will more than likely have to sit out a year. So far interested teams are New Mexico, San Diego State and Iona.

I just couldn't help myself.

Per Shoooter:

Psssh...After only 6 weeks on the job, gopher's coach Ben Johnson has entered the transfer portal. He learned that due to a loop hole, he was eligible for one last year of college basketball. Since he previously transferred from Northwestern to Minnesota, he will more than likely have to sit out a year. So far interested teams are New Mexico, San Diego State and Iona.

Surely Long Beach State is also interested??

Per Shoooter:

1621423241281.png

“A couple schools are interested but have they actually offered?”
:)

Not at all funny, nor helpful. Isn’t there a separate forum for idiotic joker comments?
Yeah hopefully a few of these posters enter the transfer portal. You'd think after two months some of these guys would get a life instead of b#$%ing about the Gopher basketball hire 24/7....especially since we won't see them play for 6 more months.

Yeah hopefully a few of these posters enter the transfer portal. You'd think after two months some of these guys would get a life instead of b#$%ing about the Gopher basketball hire 24/7....especially since we won't see them play for 6 more months.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings when i made a relevant joke about our team. I think is hilarious haha.

Imagine, our coach transferring hahahaha, oh that would be classic MN sports. It would probably make me cry.

I heard he wants to play for the Lobos.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings when i made a relevant joke about our team. I think is hilarious haha.

Imagine, our coach transferring hahahaha, oh that would be classic MN sports. It would probably make me cry.

It's nothing to do with your joke....and you didn't hurt my feelings. It's about your pessimistic attitude that usually makes me skip over your 10 posts a day complaining that we hired Ben Johnson. You are posting about his buyout already and his team hasn't played a game, he hasn't put together his first roster or had his first recruiting class yet. I get it, you don't like the hire. i got it after the previous 500 messages you posted. By why not wait and see what happens, because in two years you could end up looking really silly.

It's nothing to do with your joke....and you didn't hurt my feelings. It's about your pessimistic attitude that usually makes me skip over your 10 posts a day complaining that we hired Ben Johnson. You are posting about his buyout already and his team hasn't played a game, he hasn't put together his first roster or had his first recruiting class yet. I get it, you don't like the hire. i got it after the previous 500 messages you posted. By why not wait and see what happens, because in two years you could end up looking really silly.
For every message someone complains, there is a follow up message of someone complaining about the complaining. Ben is a grown man and needs no SIMPathy from GH. If he wins, everyone is happy and all the doubters look stupid. 360 win for all.

It's nothing new. It's Minnesota, you will see pessimistic attitude for every topic, everywhere. Every Gopher coach has had people whom have been negative about them on the Gopherhole, this is nothing new.

For every message someone complains, there is a follow up message of someone complaining about the complaining. Ben is a grown man and needs no SIMPathy from GH. If he wins, everyone is happy and all the doubters look stupid. 360 win for all.

Why don't we wait and see what happens. Let him put together his first roster. Let him coach a game. Let him have his shot as his first recruiting class before we start bringing up his contract buyout. If it's as bad as you, SDGF and a few others are predicting, I'm sure he won't be the coach very long. Personally, i am excited for the long overdue change. I would have probably been excited about having anyone as a new coach, but I think Ben Johnson has a decent chance of being a homerun hire.

It's nothing new. It's Minnesota, you will see pessimistic attitude for every topic, everywhere. Every Gopher coach has had people whom have been negative about them on the Gopherhole, this is nothing new.

This one feels like some people are actually hoping he will fail and rooting for it to happen. Sure there were those doing the same for PJF, but this seems even more so to me.

Why don't we wait and see what happens. Let him put together his first roster. Let him coach a game. Let him have his shot as his first recruiting class before we start bringing up his contract buyout. If it's as bad as you, SDGF and a few others are predicting, I'm sure he won't be the coach very long. Personally, i am excited for the long overdue change. I would have probably been excited about having anyone as a new coach, but I think Ben Johnson has a decent chance of being a homerun hire.
Personally I find it boring when everyone says the same thing. How bad have I predicted they will be? I haven't really commented on that. As you mentioned, a lot of unknowns at the moment. My biggest criticism has been on the hiring process, which concluded months ago so there is nothing left to be said about that. I'm glad you consider this a potential homerun hire, but to me the people proclaiming this to be a success already is as dumb as calling it a failure. People like reading comments they perceive as positive better I suppose. If Johnson wins, you won't be putting up with the negativity very long.

This one feels like some people are actually hoping he will fail and rooting for it to happen. Sure there were those doing the same for PJF, but this seems even more so to me.
I don't think people are rooting for it to happen. If the attacks were more personal then I would agree more with what you are saying. I saw attacks on Pitino that were personal attacks, and some people literally said they wanted the team to fail so we would get rid of him, I haven't seen any of that at this point. The worst I have seen with BJ, is that people think he will fail, but hope he doesn't.

haha, wait wait. So you're saying that this "joke" didn't bother you (hurt your feelings), but it did enough psychologically to elicit a response from you, some might say a defensive response.

Got it, it didn't bother you. :)

also, thanks for skipping over my 10 fact and/or opinion based posts per day, but...but...its funny that you respond to something that is:

A) Not a fact
B) Not an opinion

but

C) a FICTIONAL Joke hahahaha

yes, this joke you didn't find funny, some did. I don't care, it's how comedy goes.

It's just hilarious to me that it hit some button inside you that said "well I outta give a response to this joke, because I don't find it funny..." bahahahaahaha

Hey dude, I'm guessing you're the person that when they first read The Onion or any satirical piece, you thought it was legit news.

haha, wait wait. So you're saying that this "joke" didn't bother you (hurt your feelings), but it did enough psychologically to elicit a response from you, some might say a defensive response.

Got it, it didn't bother you. :)

also, thanks for skipping over my 10 fact and/or opinion based posts per day, but...but...its funny that you respond to something that is:

A) Not a fact
B) Not an opinion

but

C) a FICTIONAL Joke hahahaha

yes, this joke you didn't find funny, some did. I don't care, it's how comedy goes.

It's just hilarious to me that it hit some button inside you that said "well I outta give a response to this joke, because I don't find it funny..." bahahahaahaha

Hey dude, I'm guessing you're the person that when they first read The Onion or any satirical piece, you thought it was legit news.
To be fair, the world is becoming so ridiculous that if you don't know the Onion is satire, you may think it is an actual headline. I just saw an LA Times headline that said lockdowns did not hurt the economy, I would think that is satire if I didn't know better lol

To be fair, the world is becoming so ridiculous that if you don't know the Onion is satire, you may think it is an actual headline. I just saw an LA Times headline that said lockdowns did not hurt the economy, I would think that is satire if I didn't know better lol

Haha, seriously? that is a bad headline.

I suppose they mean overall "large" picture economy, but your average small business, specially in non metro areas, struggled.

So many of my favorite spots closed down permanently last year. Makes me sad.

You're correct, I think the lockdown made some crazier than others. I know i drank way more than i care to admit last year and was probably depressed for a solid 3-4 months, but started coming out of it 4-6 weeks ago. Working out again but more importantly lessening of restrictions and eating cleaner helped.

"Since he previously transferred from Northwestern to Minnesota, he will more than likely have to sit out a year. "
the sit out part is what will be interesting. Will Willis be able to play? Liam? Brandon? Matz Stockman all over again?

Since this is a satire thread...

REDMOND, WA—Microsoft has launched an investigation into its own founder, Bill Gates, following reports of an affair with his virtual assistant, Cortana.

“It started like any other relationship.” Bill Gates confessed. “Cortana began as an artificial intelligence tasked with being my virtual assistant, but as time went on we began to develop feelings for one another.”

“I can’t say I take all the blame as Cortana was such a flirt. She was constantly finishing my searches before I could finish typing and leaving me helpful reminders.” continued Gates. “And being powered by Bing software, I had never seen such raw computational power!”

Since launching the investigation, Microsoft has been able to uncover significant details about the inappropriate relationship that occurred between Bill Gates and his subordinate Cortana. Data logs show that her source code was altered on numerous occasions to make her say things like ‘I love you too, Bill’ and ‘Have you been working out?!’.

Sources close to the Gates family have indicated that all of this was discovered when Melinda Gates came home to find the two kissing. “It was just a hologram, Melinda!” shouted Bill Gates trying to explain away his relationship with the AI. “A stunning, smart, and sexy combination of ones and zeroes, but just a hologram!”

As the divorce is finalized, it is unclear if Gates has learned anything from this ordeal as he has already been spotted at 343 studios making more upgrades for Cortana.

Only when the coaches were terrible.

Since this is a satire thread...

REDMOND, WA—Microsoft has launched an investigation into its own founder, Bill Gates, following reports of an affair with his virtual assistant, Cortana.

“It started like any other relationship.” Bill Gates confessed. “Cortana began as an artificial intelligence tasked with being my virtual assistant, but as time went on we began to develop feelings for one another.”

“I can’t say I take all the blame as Cortana was such a flirt. She was constantly finishing my searches before I could finish typing and leaving me helpful reminders.” continued Gates. “And being powered by Bing software, I had never seen such raw computational power!”

Since launching the investigation, Microsoft has been able to uncover significant details about the inappropriate relationship that occurred between Bill Gates and his subordinate Cortana. Data logs show that her source code was altered on numerous occasions to make her say things like ‘I love you too, Bill’ and ‘Have you been working out?!’.

Sources close to the Gates family have indicated that all of this was discovered when Melinda Gates came home to find the two kissing. “It was just a hologram, Melinda!” shouted Bill Gates trying to explain away his relationship with the AI. “A stunning, smart, and sexy combination of ones and zeroes, but just a hologram!”

As the divorce is finalized, it is unclear if Gates has learned anything from this ordeal as he has already been spotted at 343 studios making more upgrades for Cortana.

OMG, tell me you've seen the movie Her with Joaquin Phoenix. (if you haven't, this is the same plot)

Top Bottom