Bellotti May Not Take Any Job

Duluthguy

Reaction score
The folks at Football Rumor Mill talked to Bellotti yesterday who said that his son is a basketball player in Eugene and he (Bellotti) wants to see every game this season. He said given that scenario, taking another football job "might not be the best thing."

The folks at Football Rumor Mill talked to Bellotti yesterday who said that his son is a basketball player in Eugene and he (Bellotti) wants to see every game this season. He said given that scenario, taking another football job "might not be the best thing."

This always seemed like a possibility to me if none of the open jobs appealed to him (of if one/many did but the terms weren't to his liking).

It may turn out that no jobs appeal to him that much - or that no one is actually that interested in him and he's trying to save face. However, if I remember correctly, he recently went through a fairly messy divorce (wife was even rumored to be banging some payers), so he may just actually feel that he needs to be around to support his son - or that moving his son in his senior year would be putting too much additional hardship on the kid. Otherwise, making those comments right now only fuels the belief in some that he may not have the fire to be a great coach again.

It may turn out that no jobs appeal to him that much - or that no one is actually that interested in him and he's trying to save face.

Ha ha...yea, I didn't consider the whole "no one was interested in him" possibility for some reason. I guess I'm betraying a subconscious preference for hiring him. :)

This doesn't sound like a man with a fire in his belly.

This may be true, but I put about as much stock in this as Fulmer saying it 'doesn't fit.' It could be the truth. It could be deflecting attention for now. It could be a negotiating ploy. Who knows.

It may turn out that no jobs appeal to him that much - or that no one is actually that interested in him and he's trying to save face. However, if I remember correctly, he recently went through a fairly messy divorce (wife was even rumored to be banging some payers), so he may just actually feel that he needs to be around to support his son - or that moving his son in his senior year would be putting too much additional hardship on the kid. Otherwise, making those comments right now only fuels the belief in some that he may not have the fire to be a great coach again.

And the moral of the story is...don't get married.

Wow. I mean, it's one thing to cheat on your spouse, it's another level of evil to do it with young men he works with, when his career depends upon those same young men respecting him.

Brutal.

It seems to me that after the most recent bunch of rumors (or lack there of rumors) Calhoun, Sumlin and Hoke are the three most realistic candidates.

By the way, I think it is interesting that Bellotti has mentioned several times now that he has had at least a brief talk with Colorado, but he has said nothing about MN. Makes me think either (1). he was never interested (2) we were never interested (3) we've had a reasonable shot at a big fish all along. Since he's admitted talking to Colorado, I don't see this as a smokescreen to hide anything. If it is, he should come up with another excuse that makes him sound more interested in coaching again. I know it moves him down my list.

By the way, I think it is interesting that Bellotti has mentioned several times now that he has had at least a brief talk with Colorado, but he has said nothing about MN. Makes me think either (1). he was never interested (2) we were never interested (3) we've had a reasonable shot at a big fish all along. Since he's admitted talking to Colorado, I don't see this as a smokescreen to hide anything. If it is, he should come up with another excuse that makes him sound more interested in coaching again. I know it moves him down my list.

I read somewhere (truly wish I had the link) MN was wanting until after the season is over before interviewing coaches. reading that said to me they are targeting a coach, or coaches that are already employed. If that is true, Leach and Bellotti are probably not on their wish list.

Top Bottom