Bellarmine beat Louisville

goldenboy

Reaction score
Wednesday night I stumbled on Louisville hosting cross-town little brother Bellarmine (never heard of them). Bellarmine led by 10 at half and most of the way through the second half until a furious Louisville rally closed it to one before time ran out. Small Catholic university taking down the big program in town. Made me think of Ben Johnson saying “no thanks” to St. Thomas.
I really enjoyed the motion offense that Bellarmine ran. Lots of back cuts, penetration with good passes to strong cutters, etc. They made some 3s, but it wasn’t one of those “small school is unconscious from deep” kind of upsets. They just ran their stuff an L’ville couldn’t cope.
Did anybody else see this game?

St Thomas is full of seniors, and they’re a respectable program.

I’d love to see a yearly basketball and football rivalry, sadly it will probably never happen.

I
Wednesday night I stumbled on Louisville hosting cross-town little brother Bellarmine (never heard of them). Bellarmine led by 10 at half and most of the way through the second half until a furious Louisville rally closed it to one before time ran out. Small Catholic university taking down the big program in town. Made me think of Ben Johnson saying “no thanks” to St. Thomas.
I really enjoyed the motion offense that Bellarmine ran. Lots of back cuts, penetration with good passes to strong cutters, etc. They made some 3s, but it wasn’t one of those “small school is unconscious from deep” kind of upsets. They just ran their stuff an L’ville couldn’t cope.
If Louisville can play Bellarmine, we can play St. Thomas. About as good an analogy as you can get. It would guarantee a sell out of the Barn. Could jack up ticket prices to accommodate St. Thomas people too. Win win.

Also thought of travel partner games with Marquette coming in and playing Gophers and Tommies on same weekend. St. Thomas would jump on that. Not so sure Gophers or Marquette would though. A little like St. Francis is doing this weekend.

Yes, I watched the last 6 minutes. At that time Bellermine was up by 7. Louisville clearly had the superior athletes, but Bellermine maintained composure and stayed within their system.
My take away was how far Louisville has fallen. They are, like Georgetown, a far cry from their glory days. They will be a bottom dweller in their conference.
But, for this moment, Bellermine can claim to be the best team in Louisville Kentucky, so hats off to them.

It was a fun game to watch.

It was Bellamarine’s Super Bowl

Top Bottom