Believe

GopherFanatic19

Reaction score
After watching all the games it’s looking like the Gophers are completely the better team! I dare to say that our WRs are the best in nation and no one can stop them. We also have one of the best DBs core in the nation, to go along with one of the best QBs in the nation.

I believe Minnesota is a top 4 team in nation and should be 12-0 going into BIG Championship game!

Gophers have come out strong and it is literally looking like they can score at will with our WRs.

Anything other than top 4 in CFP is straight disrespectful and just goes to show the bias! Fleck is changing that along with our amazing players!

Question is:

Would 12-0 and a loss to Ohio State in the B1G championship get you in the playoff?

That'd be a top-5 win and two top-15/20 wins.

That should at least eliminate one-loss Georgia, Oklahoma, Oklahoma etc.

Question is:

Would 12-0 and a loss to Ohio State in the B1G championship get you in the playoff?

I don't even want to speculate on that and count these chickens before they're hatched, but that's an excellent question.

Question is:

I would expect a one-loss Minnesota team to be left out of the playoff. We would need to run the table.

“Experts” are saying we must be 13-0 (B1G Champions) to be considered in the top 4

Still saying BS that we haven’t played enough quality opponents to get into top 4 with a 12-1 record

I would expect a one-loss Minnesota team to be left out of the playoff. We would need to run the table.

Let's pretend it's not Minnesota and just "Team X".

Do you think they'd get in then?

Question is:

No.
A 12-1 big ten champion Minnesota would have a chance.
Not a 12-1 non big ten champion Minnesota.

Let's pretend it's not Minnesota and just "Team X".

Do you think they'd get in then?

Oh of course! There is bias to get two teams from SEC in for money purposes and plus people will say others are more deserving since we haven’t been here before!

The path to the CFP is clear:

Win out, and then beat an undefeated Ohio State team in Indianapolis.

Think about this:

If we don't think we're capable of beating a team of Ohio State's caliber...

... why would we even want to be in the playoff?

Question is:

I’m speculating that a loss to osu would eliminate us. The rankings will inevitably favor sec, and I’m not sure how easily big ten would get two teams. Wisconsin losing to Illinois could ironically hurt us, because the quality of that game is now “diminished”.

But hey, let’s take care of business and enjoy the ride. I can’t believe we even get to ask this question this late in the season!! Cart before the horse a bit? Sure. But I’m a fan - why temper the excitement?!? The media will never believe until the fan base does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m speculating that a loss to osu would eliminate us. The rankings will inevitably favor sec, and I’m not sure how easily big ten would get two teams. Wisconsin losing to Illinois could ironically hurt us, because the quality of that game is now “diminished”.

But hey, let’s take care of business and enjoy the ride. I can’t believe we even get to ask this question this late in the season!! Cart before the horse a bit? Sure. But I’m a fan - why temper the excitement?!? The media will never believe until the fan base does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wisconsin loss shouldn’t be to bad! What should be worse is the Georgia loss to South Carolina. Especially since South Carolina just lost to App State

The Believe has a strong foundation.

It is formed by the maturation of this team together as a unit from the bitter loses last season until now. "Failure is growth". I see it in the lively demeanor and postures of the players compared to Year Zero. There is a complete buy-in. The ones that did not fit transferred out or left the team (not the medical retirements).

PJ Fleck recruited well and mixed in the Empire Class plus key transfers. We have weapons in both Offense and Defense that are or will be getting the attention of pro scouts. "Recruiting is the live blood of a football team".

I just marbled at the transformation of the Offensive Line. I can't believe this is the same unit from last year.

IMHO, the Gophers brand of RPO is very difficult for teams as Penn State has found out. They can milk the clock. They can run all day. They can kill you with long bombs or dink n' donk short passes all day or a combination of all three. The ball leaves Tanner Morgan's hands so quickly after he makes mili-second reads Defenses can't react fast enough. Penn State has found out it is very difficult to defend.

It helps that Tanner Morgan is protected by a beefy fortress that suddenly looks like the biggest in college football (with an exception or two) and the pros. We have to thank Zach Annexstad for convincing Fa'alele and Dunlop to come up here with him. These two boys were two key missing pieces.

Lastly, quietly we have an unassuming low key unflashy QB in Tanner Morgan who will shatter all the records in Gopher history before his career is over. This guy is the most accurate passer in college football. He puts the ball exactly were the wide receivers can catch it. He is simply awesome. I mean he is the fourth best QB in the nation behind the flashy 4/5-Stars ahead of him. He is only the second QB in NCAA history to complete 90% of his passes with 20 or more games. The only other QB that did that was Jameis Winston who now plays for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

On any giving day, this team believe they can beat anybody. "A connected team is a dangerous team". They defeated a Penn State team that has 4 5-Stars and 46 4-Stars.

That is masterful coaching and motivation for you. We have to count our blessings and hope PJ Fleck will retire as head coach of Minnesota and build the dynasty we long craved for.

Go Gophers! Ski-UMah!

Last edited:

Top Bottom