Bedlam

Gopher Nation

Reaction score
I can't even imagine what the buildup is going to be like before the Gophers take the field.

It will be the best moment the program has had in decades, and might be there best for a while into the future too. Air Force will get a nice welcome, and then I hope they really gild the lily after that. Let the moment build. Part of me thinks it would be great if it was pouring rain. The place will be going absolutely bat-**** crazy. Everyone on their feet. Then the intro video and people will be going even more nuts. Then hometown boy Sam Maresh explodes out of the tunnel followed by the rest of the team with fireworks going off all over the place. I could see the applause continuing right through the entire National Anthem. Then the flyover and it just keeps going right through the opening kickoff.

This will be a moment to remember forever. I hope it lasts all game!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

bat-ruesse crazy. See another situation where substituting ruesse for the word sh** comes in handy.

Alright, be honest, who's gonna tear up a bit? I'm man enough to admit I might

I'm seriously conflicted. i'll be at campus pizza watching the game. i don't know if I should watch it unfold on the screen or go outside and listen. It's huge and I'm extrememly pumped.

Alright, be honest, who's gonna tear up a bit? I'm man enough to admit I might

I will. Everyone singing the anthem. If they play up The U belonging to the whole state in the intro. Sam Maresh coming out with the flag (I had the exact same surgery). Being there with Dad.

Practically am right now. uff.

There's a good chance I'll squirt some when Maresh runs out with the flag. I'm a homer and I'm damn proud of it. I love my team, I love my state, and I hate wisconsin.

I'm seriously conflicted. i'll be at campus pizza watching the game. i don't know if I should watch it unfold on the screen or go outside and listen. It's huge and I'm extrememly pumped.
I would hang out on the plaza until the first kick then hightail it back to the bar. I'm just interested to see how far away you can hear the spellout from the Rouser after a TD!

I can't wait to see the reaction from the Air Force players when 50k+ start chanting Ski-U-Mah around and around the stadium.

I just might ruesse myself when Marsh comes out with the flag.

I can't wait to see the reaction from the Air Force players when 50k+ start chanting Ski-U-Mah around and around the stadium.

So, what's the deal with this? Is this actually going to happen? Or is it just us 'holers wishing it will?

So, what's the deal with this? Is this actually going to happen? Or is it just us 'holers wishing it will?

Well, Ben Ramsden (the author of the new Gopher Shack blog @ PioPress) makes it sound like the Ski-U-Mah cheer will happen and that they have flags to guide the crowd:
Gopher Shack said:
The spirit squad plans to introduce some old traditional cheers and chants. One cheer many were hoping for is the "Ski-U-Mah" chant. Frees said there will be flags waving to help the guide the crowd in the chant.
Read the whole thing to see some other cheers that he was told will happen (or at least will be attempted).

that 4 corner MINN-E-SOH-TA cheer would be awesome, lets get things started loud and proud tomorrow.

Have truer words ever been uttered

There's a good chance I'll squirt some when Maresh runs out with the flag. I'm a homer and I'm damn proud of it. I love my team, I love my state, and I hate wisconsin.
regardless of post count? welcome aboard. I just have to come up with something better than "I have something in my eye..."

Maresh

Do we know for sure that Maresh indeed is leading the team out with the Minnesota flag. I know that is what was mentioned months/years ago but I haven't seen it mentioned recently by Brew or anyone else

In fact I do not recall MN players carrying flags out

Do we know for sure that Maresh indeed is leading the team out with the Minnesota flag. I know that is what was mentioned months/years ago but I haven't seen it mentioned recently by Brew or anyone else

of the tunnel on to the field in recent years, so I wasn't even sure what flag TB was referring to regarding Maresh.

I think Brewster was getting sort of carried away and emotional about the Sam Maresh health issues, but who knows, maybe he will run out with a US or U of M flag in his hands.

I'd rather leave the flag carrying to the band and cheerleaders, and let the players just run out on to the field, but either way I won't get too worked up about it.

That lack of a University Ave. pregame march, on the other hand..................

Well, Ben Ramsden (the author of the new Gopher Shack blog @ PioPress) makes it sound like the Ski-U-Mah cheer will happen and that they have flags to guide the crowd:

Read the whole thing to see some other cheers that he was told will happen (or at least will be attempted).

I almost don't care if the others happen. SKI-U-MAH can be our signature cheer. It may be a pipe dream, but in a few years, I want people to know when they are flipping through the channels and hear that cheer on TV that it's Gopher football.

of the tunnel on to the field in recent years, so I wasn't even sure what flag TB was referring to regarding Maresh.

I think Brewster was getting sort of carried away and emotional about the Sam Maresh health issues, but who knows, maybe he will run out with a US or U of M flag in his hands.

I'd rather leave the flag carrying to the band and cheerleaders, and let the players just run out on to the field, but either way I won't get too worked up about it.

That lack of a University Ave. pregame march, on the other hand..................

Starting a new tradition with a player carrying the State of Minnesota flag would be awesome! I hope Brewster follows through with it.

i'm SO jacked up right now!!! i'm rotating the rouser, zombie nation and the gopher nation video. AAAHHHHH!!!!

Starting a new tradition with a player carrying the State of Minnesota flag would be awesome! I hope Brewster follows through with it.

I would be even better if it was exclusively for born and bred Minnesotans.... just another incentive to keep in-state guys around.

You can't win with just Minnesota players. You don't want to make the superior talent from elsewhere in the country feel like second-class citizens.

Top Bottom