Becky crying over on.....

Reaction score
the Badger Board. I guess some of the Texas players ground their feet on the "W" at center court.
I watched the game, but switched off at the end. Becky was fortunate to stay with Texas as long as they did. Texas way to athletic for the Badger's. They will be a force in the Big Ten though as Ryan gets the most out of his players and they play that setup/slow down system well.
I think Landry is there best player; after that they're all pretty much a "lunch pail" type of team.

Watched the last min after getting home from the game last night..
As a longhorn fan and former Austinite, I have to say that I absolutley loved the stomping on the W.

Does anyone know where I can get a picture of that? :)

as much as i hate the badgers they will be able to hang with athletic teams and beat some of them as long as bo ryan is their coach.

ESPN 360 replay is up and shows them stomping the W at midcourt. Dick V gets on them for doing it.

Anybody save the game and could upload that clip to youtube?

As much as I hate Wisconsin, I don't like players doing crap like this. How would you feel if they did it on Goldy's face or on the "M" at TCF Bank Stadium next year? I hated it when Maroney planted the flag at Michigan, it is horribly classless and shows no respect for your opponent. This is what people mean by a sore winner, for God's sake, act like you've been there before.

As much as I hate Wisconsin, I don't like players doing crap like this. How would you feel if they did it on Goldy's face or on the "M" at TCF Bank Stadium next year? I hated it when Maroney planted the flag at Michigan, it is horribly classless and shows no respect for your opponent. This is what people mean by a sore winner, for God's sake, act like you've been there before.

Completely agree!

Instead of getting angry, if they get the chance they need to get even! I suspect they will play them next year, or who knows, maybe either NCAA or NIT!

Not Tubby's players

I would be severely disappointed to see Gopher players stomping on the W after defeating Wis in Madison. I am under the assumption that we are above that.

Agree Roy. Chickens always come home to roost, and when/if Whisky meets TX in NCAA tourney....oooooooo the agony of motivation. One of many DON'T's of life..... do not p*** off a Badger.

>>As a longhorn fan and former Austinite, I have to say that I absolutley loved the stomping on the W.<<

Texas has never been known for class.

If I recall, Becky started the pi**ing contest by doing the exact same thing at Texas.....

Do athletes understand that you should never give an opponent more of a reason to seek revenge. If the Longhorns do play Becky in the NCAA, you can bet that Becky will play like there is no tomorrow. It's just bad business to act like this and paint a bulls-eye on your own chest. You see this in the NFL all the time. When are these guys going to learn?

In the case of Wisconsin, all sportsmanship should be tossed out the window. I would have liked to have seen one of them squat down and take a dump on the W.

I am all for winning gracefully, there is nothing wrong with celebrating as long as its tasteful. 95/100 times you see that.

Also, the Maroney thing was awesome...they had owned us for so long that was a huge win. If he had planted the flag at lets say Indiana, thats not cool. I am sure Michigan fans could take it.

If I recall, Becky started the pi**ing contest by doing the exact same thing at Texas.....

Absolutely untrue. The Badgers were mobbing Michael Flowers underneath the basket in front of their own bench. The pile may have migrated closer to mid-court, but there was no one purposely stomping on the Texas logo. The Texas guys looked like they were putting out a cigarette last night. Very, very good team, but that was completely bush league, especially after such a well-played game on both sides.

Here is the video of the ending of last season's game in Austin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBGGtJ-TZtg&feature=related

I never condone any unsportsmanlike action. It takes away the from the "honor", if you will, of the sport.

Absolutely untrue. The Badgers were mobbing Michael Flowers underneath the basket in front of their own bench. The pile may have migrated closer to mid-court, but there was no one purposely stomping on the Texas logo. The Texas guys looked like they were putting out a cigarette last night. Very, very good team, but that was completely bush league, especially after such a well-played game on both sides.

Here is the video of the ending of last season's game in Austin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBGGtJ-TZtg&feature=related

Check out this video at 1:16. The camera is shaky, but at least one Wiscy player takes what looks to be a pretty big step right on the Texas logo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Aby6Z1__W0&feature=related

It also happens to be in the exact same spot (right side of the logo) where the Texas players first pointed and then stomped on the W logo yesterday. ESPN 360 has the replay.

Coincidence?

Can you make out a number? I watched the part you noted about 10 times and did not see anything out of the ordinary. It looks like the entire squad is leaving the court together over the right-hand portion of the logo. What am I missing?

On an espn message board a Texas fan said that last year one of the Becky players did a upside down longhorns hand thing at center court and that was the payback last night. What goes around comes around.

The big white dude appears to be #32 which i think was Brian Butch but it didnt look like he is going out of his way to stomp on the logo.......and once again can i express my disdain over not being able to view anything espn360 related. Is there a youtube clip of this years game at all?

Any decent head coach would JERK his/her players off the site immediately and bench them for one full game. That's how you stop it. Not by retaliation.

This seems to be another one of the typical Minnesota "respect everyone" threads, everybody gets along, etc. While it was obviously a stupid gesture, the fact that nearly everyone in this thread finds it to be such a big deal, especially in a sport where no one on the floor besides the referees was over 22, makes me think that we are a little sheltered, or refuse to admit that the world has moved on without us. Things like this happen, and IMO it adds to the intensity and the rivalries of the game. Go ahead and tell me about "how things used to be," but there have always been cheap shots and things of the sort, like the game versus tOSU in '72. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxnCY0CZ1pE&feature=PlayList&p=DA279B52E66A71FA&playnext=1&index=7Get over the "Minnesota Nice" a little bit. Take it how you will, but thats just my opinion.

Didn't Evan Eshmeyer (sp) from Northwestern get a Medical redshirt year after he had already redshirted ?

UWOle is a good dude who provides much to this board, but this is another example of UW's 'we never commit a foul' it's the 'other guy's fault' that Bo Ryan has made so important in Madison. Let's get this straight, UW players, fans, coaches, etc. are not perfect, their players actually do commit fouls, Bo Ryan does make bad coaching decisions, their fans are rude at times, their players do make gestures and stomp at mid court.

Just like every other college in the nation.

UW fans, get over yourselves.

my thoughts on all this....Who cares? No it wasn't a classy move but its not like they spit on anyone's face, flicked off the crowd or anything. They stomped on the logo. They should probably be reprimanded and might be running a few extra killers at practice but its not the end of the world

Top Bottom