Becky and tOSU plus other games.

Reaction score
Though it means nothing in the grand scheme of things, I hope the Bucko's
trash Becky. Will keep an eye on MSU and the Cats, as MSU needs a win to be bowl eligible. A win or a loss by MSU really could change the mental approach with our game against them. Will also be checking the Purdue at Illinois game.
Purdue ends with Indiana, so with two wins they could tie us at 6-6 if we lose the last two. I'd prefer Houston over Dallas. Iowa and Indiana is a moot issue.
Don't see either of them winning today to stay in the bowl picture.
So for the Gophers it is Tempe, Dallas, Houston, or Jacksonville. Glad Detroit is out of the equation.

trash Becky. Will keep an eye on MSU and the Cats, as MSU needs a win to be bowl eligible. A win or a loss by MSU really could change the mental approach with our game against them. Will also be checking the Purdue at Illinois game.
Purdue ends with Indiana, so with two wins they could tie us at 6-6 if we lose the last two. I'd prefer Houston over Dallas. Iowa and Indiana is a moot issue.
So for the Gophers it is Tempe, Dallas, Houston, or Jacksonville. Glad Detroit is out of the equation.

Well, if it was to be Detroit, we could all join Johnny Cash:

We could build a Cadillac!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIuo0KIqD_E

Hey, look who is starting a Wisconsin thread!

It doesn't mean nothing. If Michigan wins out and Wisconsin loses out Michigan may get a BCS at large. If MI last game were to be defeating a top five and undefeated OSU they'd probably get into the top 14 and would be very attractive to the BCS. This would make Jacksonville a lot more likely.

Edit: not sure this helps because Michigan would go to CCG if the Gophers beat NU. These scenarios are too damn complicated!

Looks like Toussant got a major injury (RB for Michigan). Laveon Bell was also hurt in the MSU game, not sure if he's come back yet or not. Wouldn't it be too bad if he couldn't go next week?

Iowa defense is TERRIBLE. Michigan just converted a 3rd and 17 for a 35 yard td pass and we all know Michigan isn't great throwing (although they also did well against us). I can see why Iowa fans are so irate this year. I find KF chewing gum on the sideline like he doesn't give a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# to be kind of funny...

Iowa down 28-10 before half. Man we caught Iowa on their best day.

Maybe, but I really blame ourselves for that. The season boils down to this for me:

Can your team run the ball with any amount of skill? If yes, you will beat us. (Iowa, N'Western, wisky, Michigan)

Does your team prefer to pass? If yes, we will beat you. (UNLV, UNH, WMich, Syracuse, Purdue)

Is your team straight up awful? If yes, we will beat you. (Illinois)

For those who ever played any sort of competitive game...It's not who you play, it's when ya play 'em.

For those who ever played any sort of competitive game...It's not who you play, it's when ya play 'em.

A little known fact in sports; the best team does not always win.

A little known fact in sports; the best team does not always win.

College BB upsets, College FB upsets, NFL upsets.... They never happen. But you and I know better. Do the Pups here know that???

College BB upsets, College FB upsets, NFL upsets.... They never happen. But you and I know better. Do the Pups here know that???

Yes Dr.Don, us young guys know that also. I will always remember this quote from Bud Grant - "It is not so important as who you play but when you play them."

I also remember the first game the Viking played. They beat Chicago when Fran Tarkington came in and ran circles around them.

P.S. I saw my first Gopher game in 1954.

Iowa down 28-10 before half. Man we caught Iowa on their best day.

I don't know if we caught them on their best day or if we gave them their best day. Its like in past when the basketball team when we do a bad job of covering the other teams good shooters on the outside, they get a lot of open three point shots from the guys they want taking them, and then we say "why does every team get hot from 3 when they play us?". We set them up for looking, our offense started completely stale, and made a bunch of half-hearted attempts at arm tackles. When that's going on, lots of mediocre teams would look good.

Yes Dr.Don, us young guys know that also. I will always remember this quote from Bud Grant - "It is not so important as who you play but when you play them."

I also remember the first game the Viking played. They beat Chicago when Fran Tarkington came in and ran circles around them.

P.S. I saw my first Gopher game in 1954.

I have a sneaky feeling that I said just that a few posts before you. Great minds thank alike, and that can be dangerous. :)

Second bold...b.s. You were not even spermatozoa yet.

I have a sneaky feeling that I said just that a few posts before you. Great minds thank alike, and that can be dangerous. :)

Second bold...b.s. You were not even spermatozoa yet.

But Bud Grant said it before either one of us did. By the way you are so wrong about my age. Did you ever usher at Memorial Stadium as a boy scout in the 50's? And ushering for the Cobbers as a senior citizen doesn't count.

It's always a good day when meat chicken chumps the hogeyes!!!
WooHoo!!!

Becky...
You're next.
Buckeyes gonna come off the top rope & put the smackdown of the century on you stinky red skunks.
Which will make it an even better day.

But Bud Grant said it before either one of us did. By the way you are so wrong about my age. Did you ever usher at Memorial Stadium as a boy scout in the 50's? And ushering for the Cobbers as a senior citizen doesn't count.

Ya, but I was at U of M memorial Stadium when you ushered. You were a crappy usher. You were so young you thought this was a job, and did not even look at the cheerleaders.

But, you are not Quite as old as I am. and beer rules. :cool02:

Sad sad state of the B1G when a five loss Wisconsin (lose to Penn State mext week) could make the Rose Bowl.

Love to see Sconnie lose to a non-bowl team. Nice job Wisconsin.

Top Bottom