Beau Allen talks recruiting

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this update from SuperPrep.com:

Minnetonka (Minn.) defensive tackle Beau Allen started as a freshman on varsity and received his first scholarship offer after that season. As a result, he has become quite accustomed to the recruiting process. Now up to nine offers, Allen talked about his plans for the next few months.

Whenever he makes his college choice, it will be the culmination of a long process for Minnetonka (Minn.) defensive tackle Beau Allen.
“Coming into it, I didn’t know what to expect,” he explained, “My first offer came from Minnesota after my freshman year of football; I started as a freshman on varsity. I didn’t have any idea what was going on at all. It’s kind of grown from there. It was gone on so long, I’ve become accustomed to it and all the schools and regulations.”

Allen was 6’2, 255-lbs at the time and has now grown to 6’3, 294-lbs. He isn’t the only thing that has expanded since then, as his offer list has gone from one to nine: Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, Stanford, UCLA, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin, Northwestern and Colorado, with more potentially on the way.

“I think there are some that are interested that might be close to offering,” he said, but added, “I’m honestly happy with my situation right now. I feel like I’m going to start narrowing it down soon, probably this summer as I take unofficial visits. I want to have a top five or six by the end of summer.”

As far as camps go, Allen says he wants to keep it light in order to focus more on his upcoming senior season. That said, he does plan to hit a couple at schools who could potentially add to the offer list.

“I think I’ll do Notre Dame. I plan on doing that and maybe Northwestern, Michigan State and Michigan.”

Another part of focusing on his senior season will be waiting through it to make his final decision.

“I think I’ll wait until my senior football year is over and take my official visits. If I have time, maybe I’ll do one or two officials during the year. I want to be happy and content with the choice. I don’t want to end up de-committing.”

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=2&c=870070

Go Gophers!!

Just like Tobi Okuyemi I think he will end up Nebraska, though I would rank the likelihood of Beau Allen going there even higher than Tobi Okuyemi. He has already stated that he really likes their program and his mom loves Bo Pelini.

Top Bottom