Beau Allen says ND, Minn, Stanford and UW are "pretty even"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this story from TheBootleg.com:

Beau Allen stays the course
Posted Nov 11, 2009

Of all the 2010 Stanford recruits The Bootleg has had the pleasure of interacting with, four-star defensive tackle Beau Allen has led the one of the more textbook recruitments.

While some of his peers have made early commitments only to decommit to different school, Beau Allen has stuck to his plan of taking all of his official visits before making a commitment.
Until then, he feels comfortable with his four favorite schools: Notre Dame, Minnesota, Stanford, and Wisconsin.

“It’s still pretty even,” Allen said.

Allen holds offers from those schools, in addition to UCLA, Michigan, Nebraska, Iowa, and Colorado, among others.

He has already taken official visits to Notre Dame and Wisconsin, and is still in the process of finding a suitable date to take a trip out to Palo Alto.

“I’m still working on it,” Allen said. “I think it’s pretty up in the air still.”

Given that Allen attends high school in Eastern Minnesota, close to the Midwest schools he is considering, the Stanford visit figures to play a big role in Allen deciding if he feels comfortable enough to commit to a school so far away from home.

“I’ve never been out at Stanford, but I’m hoping when I take my official it's some place where I’m comfortable,” Allen said.

In addition, Allen hopes to learn more about the men who comprise the Cardinal football team.

“One that’s really important to me is kind of like the guys that are on the team and who I’ll be hanging out with and whether or not they’re good guys and they’re like me,” said Allen, who also listed academics and winning as factors in his decision.

That decision, however, likely won’t come until sometime in December at the earliest, in large part due to the successful play of Allen’s Minnetonka high school team.

The Skippers are 8-3 despite dropping their most recent contest to Eden Prairie, and look strong heading into the playoffs. Combine that with Allen’s desire to take all of his visits before committing, and it doesn’t look like anything is imminent within his recruitment.

“I’m kind of thinking after my season sometime in December but that’s still kind of vague,” Allen said. “I want to get all of my officials in, I guess is what I mean.”

In the meantime, Allen will try to enjoy his senior year both on and off the field, but also spend some time on the Stanford application.

“I’m still working on the application, but I have a couple of my essays done and they think I’ll be able to get in,” Allen said. “I have good grades right now, so I’m not really too worried about that.”

Allen said he scored a 28 on the ACT and has a 3.5 unweighted GPA.

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=2&c=918570

Go Gophers!!

Not for nothing, but i am happy to see we are in the top 3 with TD Jesus and Stanford. Usually local guys get stars in their eyes and we become a distant 3rd to schools like that.

I certainly hope we can land him. I'm a little disappointed we didn't get the Wayzata DE, but I got the feeling early on that he probably wasn't going to Minnesota. Allen would be a big, big plus.

Besides his size, I haven't been too impressed with Allen. There are a couple other DE's I'd be happy with.

Lord knows we need DTs

Beau's stock seems to have fallen significantly in the past months and I wonder how many of those listed as scholarships still have one open for him. Certainly his Rival's rating has taken a dive over the course of his senior season, though I tend to care more about who is offering.

Along that line Harold Legania, a recruit who really didn't pique my interest when he received a scholarship during summer camps has really taken off with FBS offers during his senior season including Ole Miss and UVa amongst other schools I have heard of. While Beau seems like a Minnesota kid doing anything he can to leave the state and despite the recent attention recruiting attention Legania seems more and more like he may end up a Gopher saying after a recent visit to Colorado "I took a visit to Minnesota in September and really liked it. All the schools that are among my favorites have good Business schools and good coaching staffs, but the coaching staff at Minnesota really makes them stand out. I also like the way they play at Minnesota, their playbook and their tradition... I would have to say Minnesota is my favorite, a strong favorite right now."

I love when recruits name another school as a favorite when being interviewed by a local rivals outfit after a visit. I know one of the Wisconsin OL might end up on the other side of the ball but I really like the reasons Harold Legania lists for this school and would be happy if came into the fold. I would be fine if we take Legania and hold out for Ash out of Pahokee, even if it means leaving a Minnesota kid out in the cold.

Harold is one of my favorite recruits and i hope he ends up here. We need some DTs and Harold has some good speed for a big guy

You guys are insane. Beau Allen is a stud DT. He's huge and he moves well. We need him, simple as that. Outside of Seantrel, he's the highest on my recruiting wish list.

The other thing is that all other things being equal, I think you try to get the home-state guy. Just helps build the program for the long haul. I may be in the minority on that, but I just think getting the best guys in the state to stay home is crucial.

From that article, I'm sensing that if he enjoys his Stanford visit he will commit there. I'd love to see him in maroon & gold though, I think it's important to lock up the top in-state players and he is clearly one of the top in-state players.

Top Bottom