Beau Allen receives scholarship offer from Notre Dame

GopherGod

Reaction score
Beau Allen already held plenty of early offers, but that didn't stop the 6-foot-2, 300-pound defensive tackle from camping at Notre Dame on Tuesday. The standout from Minnetonka, Minn., wanted to impress the Irish coaching staff and add one more scholarship to his list.

Allen said he performed well at camp, then had to play the waiting game as the Irish coaches met Wednesday morning to discuss their scholarship options. The waiting was worth it as Allen received good news from Irish assistant coach Rob Ianello.

"I just spoke to coach Ianello on the phone. He said they were very impressed with me at camp and he offered a full scholarship," Allen said. "I'm pretty excited about it. I went to camp with that intention; like I said earlier, it was kind of a tryout. I'm just glad I showed the coaching staff what I had to offer."

Allen said his workout was only part of the excitement of camp.

"I got to work with coach BY, Bryant Young, he's a really good guy," Allen said. "I liked him a lot."

During the camp, Allen hoped to get the chance to butt heads with Irish offensive line commit Christian Lombard.

"He was playing right tackle, so I didn't get to line up against him," Allen said.

With an Irish offer in hand, Allen said Notre Dame would likely make his first cut later this summer.

"I think they are definitely up there, I'm pretty interested," he said. "I wouldn't have gone to camp without an offer unless I wanted to earn one. When I narrow my list, they'll probably be up there."

Allen said he plans to have a Top 5 or 6 before Sept. 1. To help narrow that list, the three-star prospect plans to make several more unofficial visits, then begin preparations for his senior season

Notre Dame....YAWN!!!

Beau Allen already held plenty of early offers, but that didn't stop the 6-foot-2, 300-pound defensive tackle from camping at Notre Dame on Tuesday. The standout from Minnetonka, Minn., wanted to impress the Irish coaching staff and add one more scholarship to his list.

Allen said he performed well at camp, then had to play the waiting game as the Irish coaches met Wednesday morning to discuss their scholarship options. The waiting was worth it as Allen received good news from Irish assistant coach Rob Ianello.

"I just spoke to coach Ianello on the phone. He said they were very impressed with me at camp and he offered a full scholarship," Allen said. "I'm pretty excited about it. I went to camp with that intention; like I said earlier, it was kind of a tryout. I'm just glad I showed the coaching staff what I had to offer."

Allen said his workout was only part of the excitement of camp.

"I got to work with coach BY, Bryant Young, he's a really good guy," Allen said. "I liked him a lot."

During the camp, Allen hoped to get the chance to butt heads with Irish offensive line commit Christian Lombard.

"He was playing right tackle, so I didn't get to line up against him," Allen said.

With an Irish offer in hand, Allen said Notre Dame would likely make his first cut later this summer.

"I think they are definitely up there, I'm pretty interested," he said. "I wouldn't have gone to camp without an offer unless I wanted to earn one. When I narrow my list, they'll probably be up there."

Allen said he plans to have a Top 5 or 6 before Sept. 1. To help narrow that list, the three-star prospect plans to make several more unofficial visits, then begin preparations for his senior season

:rolleyes:

He needs to have a talk with Matt Carufel (hopefully on his official visit).

I'm surprised they offered a 3 star prospect....their roster is loaded with 4 and 5 star players......If this becomes his choice in the end....he can look forward to riding the bench.

I'm surprised they offered a 3 star prospect....their roster is loaded with 4 and 5 star players......If this becomes his choice in the end....he can look forward to riding the bench.

Maybe ND should look at the Rockhurst tape and see how he got manhandled.

Just sayin......

Top Bottom