Beat Iowa

🤣

With the team we saw last night?

C’mon! “Beat Iowa”? We barely beat Louisiana Lafayette 😏

If anyone has the right to refer to we, it would be Yah-Ez. You donate that kind of money, you can say we.

Deems da rules.
LOL. Or so he claims.
He said it himself, he's all team Prime now.

Would have loved to see some fight from this team last night, be competitive. Michigan is good, Minnesota is not. I really thought this team was going to be good this year with AK, I bought into the hype. I thought the Oline would find its way and thought the D would be good. Man I feel stupid to have thought that! This is a rebuilding year. Our offensive game plan is terrible if we can’t run the ball. If Gophers can run the ball, they have a chance. If they can’t it’s not going to happen. So frustrating!

Would have loved to see some fight from this team last night, be competitive. Michigan is good, Minnesota is not. I really thought this team was going to be good this year with AK, I bought into the hype. I thought the Oline would find its way and thought the D would be good. Man I feel stupid to have thought that! This is a rebuilding year. Our offensive game plan is terrible if we can’t run the ball. If Gophers can run the ball, they have a chance. If they can’t it’s not going to happen. So frustrating!

Yes, it doesn't pay to be particularly optimistic when a team like ours loses a bigger number of veteran players. Our team depends on maturity and experience in our system. Sure, we get some players who are surprisingly good right off the bat but most of our players have to be developed.

I was concerned in the offseason about the losses from the offensive line and the failure to pick up offensive linemen in the portal. I was also concerned about losses throughout the defensive backfield but we were at least picking up some transfer players there. The offensive line had played reasonably well until they were exposed by Michigan. So far the defense has had trouble (ranging from challenging to catastrophic) with any team having a good offense and are dependent on getting turnovers to even stay in the game when they play better teams.

Keep that Axe too. A sneaky 1990 season might be in store for us.
Oars in the water.

Iowa with their current QB very beatable. Will we? As a long suffering MN sports fan, I expect we’ll lose. Would love to be wrong.

There is absolutely no excuse to lose to this Iowa team starting Deacon Hill at QB. He committed to Fordham(!) after transferring from Wisconsin last Spring before Iowa came in with a scholarship offer. You have a week off to prepare while Iowa goes to play at Wisconsin. If PJ can spin you after a loss in 2 weeks, you're in a cult.

There is absolutely no excuse to lose to this Iowa team starting Deacon Hill at QB.

Given Iowa's really anemic offense during the last few years it's hasn't been hard to believe each of those years that the Gophers should beat them. But, one must note the following:

1) Iowa has won that matchup for 8 years straight even with some bottom-of-the barrel offenses;

2) Minnesota's offense this season is just as bad (maybe worse) against any team of defensive strength and Iowa still has plenty of that.

3) Iowa doesn't get scores simply through its offense.

I've also noticed that Iowa seems to have ramped up its rushing attack recently after several years of having a really mediocre one.

I think we can. Especially if Taylor is ready to go. With Evans, Taylor, and Williams alternating when a breather/ change of pace is needed, I think we can. We did have some success running the ball against Michigan.

This is where culture can make a difference. I've seen less talented teams slam the door and have a team only meeting! If they come out knowing it's them against the world, they can do it!

Nothing else matters.
I agree, and I think THIS Iowa game, just might be the biggest game PJ has ever had since he’s been coach here. He better win this game. If he loses to another subpar Iowa team, after some of the other poor looks recently, it could get ugly for him. He REALLY needs to win this game and he’s got two weeks to prepare.

🤣

With the team we saw last night?

C’mon! “Beat Iowa”? We barely beat Louisiana Lafayette 😏

As bad as the Gophers were against Michigan, Iowa had half as many yards, 10 less points, and the ball less than half the amount of time against Penn St, as the Gophers did against Michigan.

Iowa is terrible.

As bad as the Gophers were against Michigan, Iowa had half as many yards, 10 less points, and the ball less than half the amount of time against Penn St, as the Gophers did against Michigan.

Iowa is terrible.
Doesn't Iowa play Wisconsin this week?

Top Bottom