Beal

Reaction score
Any word on Beal? He left the game late limping off the field, hope it wasn't another knee injury.

@NSandell
LB Brendan Beal will undergo an MRI on his right knee today, per Kill. It is the same knee he has torn twice. #Gophers

@NSandell
Gophers are hoping for the best with Beal, but have to wait for MRI. Kill said he sat with Beal in locker room for awhile after the game.

GULP.

It's not a good sign. It certainly didn't look like another tear on the field but that's why I'm not a doctor. Hoping for the best.

To add to our injury apocalypse.

@GophersNow
LB Beal, OL Lenkiewicz , WR Jones and DT Johnson all with MRIs on knees. Johnson could have surgery. #Gophers

@NSandell
TE Drew Goodger dislocated his shoulder yesterday. Kill called it a "critical" injury. #Gophers

@NSandell
LT Ed Olson (ankle), LT Marek Lenkiewicz (knee) and WR Marcus Jones also suffered injuries yesterday. #Gophers

that seems to be an oddly large number of knee and ankle injuries from the same game. did anyone feel that nebby was doing a lot of low blocking, chop blocking, or diving at the knees on tackles yesterday? not saying whether that was the case or not. just looking for other's opinion & observations regarding this. trying to understand if there are any correlations.

that seems to be an oddly large number of knee and ankle injuries from the same game. did anyone feel that nebby was doing a lot of low blocking, chop blocking, or diving at the knees on tackles yesterday? not saying whether that was the case or not. just looking for other's opinion & observations regarding this. trying to understand if there are any correlations.

Better players play with better pad level. Weaker, younger players don't bend as well when changing direction, tackling, or getting tackled. If there is a correlation, that would be it. It could also just be an unfortunate coincidence, however. Either way, it sucks.

Better players play with better pad level. Weaker, younger players don't bend as well when changing direction, tackling, or getting tackled. If there is a correlation, that would be it. It could also just be an unfortunate coincidence, however. Either way, it sucks.

Young players don't bend we'll.....seriously? Is this what your going with?

Young players don't bend we'll.....seriously? Is this what your going with?

Re-read the post, tough nuts. IF there is a correlation, that is it. I don't know if that is the case.

Judging by your response, however, as well as all of your previous posts, it is clear to me that you have never played football. If you knew what you were talking about, you would understand that I am referring to the ability of a player to drop his hips and play with leverage. This also prevents lower body injuries, as the player is in a better position to protect himself and shed blocks/tackles.

Of course, you have never actually played football, coached football, trained for football, or worked with strength and conditioning coaches. If you had, you would not have posted your ridiculous comment. It is unfortunate that you pretend to know anything about the game.

You are absolutely the worst poster on here. Hands down.

regarding the injuries...Lenkeiwics was a fluke. He got hit just below the knee by our running back while is foot was planted and you could see the knee buckle. Could be a bad sprain but it didn't look good. Jones got whacked on a return and it looked bad. Johnson got rolled into...typically DT injury. Didn't see Goodger.

Re-read the post, tough nuts.

Of course, you have never actually played football, coached football, trained for football, or worked with strength and conditioning coaches. If you had, you would not have posted your ridiculous comment. It is unfortunate that you pretend to know anything about the game.

Oh sorry no nuts, I'm young and I bend we'll....yes I played and your comments are ludicrous.

Top Bottom