BCS blasted yet again.

Excellent, schnoods. Thanks for the link.

I read that earlier. I just don't know how some people can be okay with the BCS. You can be Boise State and get into a BCS game with one victory over a BCS opponent, yet NEVER have the opportunity to play for a national championship. Or, you can be in the SEC and know that a conference championship will give you an automatic ticket to the national championship game, even if you have two losses.

"If the people who ran the BCS wanted to implement a good way to determine the best teams at the end of the year ... they would have done so years ago."

Getting pissed at the BCS seems a little ridiculous to me. Consider what existed before it.

I am guessing this guy thinks BYU was the best team in the country in 1984 too.

"If the people who ran the BCS wanted to implement a good way to determine the best teams at the end of the year ... they would have done so years ago."

Getting pissed at the BCS seems a little ridiculous to me. Consider what existed before it.

I am guessing this guy thinks BYU was the best team in the country in 1984 too.

Every time I hear mid-majors whine and cry about how unfair the system is, I think of that BYU team. Not only did they receive a fraudulent national championship, I believe they had a Heisman winner in Ty Detmer!

Every time I hear mid-majors whine and cry about how unfair the system is, I think of that BYU team. Not only did they receive a fraudulent national championship, I believe they had a Heisman winner in Ty Detmer!

Robbie Bosco was the QB when they won the national title. Detmer won the Heisman in 1990. No matter what you think of their national title, Detmer did set new single season and career marks for passing yardage (and career passing TDs). It's pretty tough to call him undeserving of a Heisman.

Robbie Bosco was the QB when they won the national title. Detmer won the Heisman in 1990. No matter what you think of their national title, Detmer did set new single season and career marks for passing yardage (and career passing TDs). It's pretty tough to call him undeserving of a Heisman.

That BYU teamed played 3 respectable opponents. They won an impressive victory over Miami(FL) early in the season where Detmer played well, but it soon goes downhill. Losses to Oregon (5 interceptions) and Hawaii (4 picks), not to mention getting routed by Texas A&M by a score of 65-14.

There is no way to justify awarding Detmer with the Heisman. It's impossible. By your logic, Timmy Chang and Colt Brennen were deserving as well.

Top Bottom