BBB Overtime - Laurence Maroney Breaks Down Postgame Huddle

Love it. Let's keep putting Gophers in the NFL and have more cool moments like this in the winning locker room!

We'd be 4-0 with Maroney in the backfield. You can't teach speed.

Ruppert is correct about the great L. Maroney. I think after a 10 year drought we finally have some decent RBs in the stable that could change things.

but...

The fall of 2003 was pretty amazing with Maroney Jackson, Tapeh and Barber in the backfield. I was hoping for Jeff Jones or one of the other young guys to shine vs a MAC team in a 62-3 blowout, but I guess I'll settle for Shannon Brooks breaking out and Smith being though and solid.

Regarding Jones, though the ***** star recruiting system is crap and poor J. Jones is an example of this. He played against crap completion in HS. and if he was ready Kill would be playing him. The "rust" excuse is crap This post is not about J. Jones, but about the absurdity of the star ratings and current fixabtion of this poor Washburn kid. The kid is not better than the other three right now and that is not the end of the world.

Todd Gurley his is not, and that may change next year or in a couple of weeks.

My last post neglect to tie the breakout games Maroney had in 2003 against the cupcake team in blowouts that gave the staff a chance to see how great he was. I was hoping Brooks, Edwards, and Jeff Jones would have had that chance vs. Ohio and Kent State.

I still do not understand why more teams are not running that Mason/ Peterson/ Gordy Shaw blocking scheme today in CFB. It tends to work a lot more than not.

Having said that, I am a big fan of the TCU, Oregon hyper tempo attack that gasses the defense, but that 14 year old MN offense was great.

Ruppert is correct about the great L. Maroney. I think after a 10 year drought we finally have some decent RBs in the stable that could change things.

but...

The fall of 2003 was pretty amazing with Maroney Jackson, Tapeh and Barber in the backfield. I was hoping for Jeff Jones or one of the other young guys to shine vs a MAC team in a 62-3 blowout, but I guess I'll settle for Shannon Brooks breaking out and Smith being though and solid.

Regarding Jones, though the ***** star recruiting system is crap and poor J. Jones is an example of this. He played against crap completion in HS. and if he was ready Kill would be playing him. The "rust" excuse is crap This post is not about J. Jones, but about the absurdity of the star ratings and current fixabtion of this poor Washburn kid. The kid is not better than the other three right now and that is not the end of the world.

Hasn't he been unable to play due to an injury, or am I remembering incorrectly?

but...

One player not starting immediately as a freshman invalidates the entire recruiting rankings system. Just a breathlessly brilliant take.

One player not starting immediately as a freshman invalidates the entire recruiting rankings system. Just a breathlessly brilliant take.

As usual the smug, yet insecure 12 year old in an adult's body, DPBAG68 needs to throw mud.

In comparison to my breathtaking brilliance, I guess your knee jerk need to come to the defense of the silly star recruit ranking system anytime anyone dares doubt it is sign of someone on a much higher intellectual plane!

A quick question, how many times did you punched in the face in school? If you went to my school it probably would have been every other day (and I never punched anyone in my life), but then again your mode of operation in person is probably far different than what happens on this board. I guess I really do not need to waste the keystrokes, since anyone the follows your commentaries knows all they need to know about you and your massive insecurities.

but...

Ummm, he's dealing with migranes following a concussion, also, he was the MVP of the Under Armour All- Star game
against some of the best high school players in the country. He'll be fine (hopefully)

As usual the smug, yet insecure 12 year old in an adult's body, DPBAG68 needs to throw mud.

In comparison to my breathtaking brilliance, I guess your knee jerk need to come to the defense of the silly star recruit ranking system anytime anyone dares doubt it is sign of someone on a much higher intellectual plane!

A quick question, how many times did you punched face in school? If you went to my school it probably would have been every other day (and I never punched anyone in my life), but then again your mode of operation in person is probably far different than what happens on this board. I guess I really do not need to waste the keystrokes, since anyone the follows your commentaries knows all they need to know about you and your massive insecurities.

Did you just call someone a 12 year old, then proceed to act like a 12 year old yourself?

A quick question, how many times did you punched in the face in school? If you went to my school it probably would have been every other day (and I never punched anyone in my life), but then again your mode of operation in person is probably far different than what happens on this board. I guess I really do not need to waste the keystrokes, since anyone the follows your commentaries knows all they need to know about you and your massive insecurities.

Are you mad because he's right?

Trying to make it about me instead of discussing the subject matter - because you know that I'm right and you're wrong. As usual, you've got nothing.

Top Bottom