Baylor's New Arena Opens tonight

Very Nice!!!!

Put Ridder and Mariucci together and you could come up with nearly the same thing.

GO GOPHER

7,500 seats

Baylor, along with Texas, and many other schools who are opening new arenas understand that smaller capacity arenas with many new amenities are much better than relics with many more seats that are empty 90% of the time.

Baylor and Texas could easily sell many more tickets, but they want a rabid fan base inside in a smaller, confined setting.

As someone who considers Williams arena my favorite venue, the reduced seating makes a lot of sense. Make it a hard to get ticket in theory. I'd be on board doing something like the Yankees did, rebuild the "same" arena just updated. Go from 15k seats to 10k, add a few boxes, make the concourse and bathrooms more fan friendly, but when you are at the game it still feels like the barn, and yes I'd keep the raised floor.

Baylor, along with Texas, and many other schools who are opening new arenas understand that smaller capacity arenas with many new amenities are much better than relics with many more seats that are empty 90% of the time.

Baylor and Texas could easily sell many more tickets, but they want a rabid fan base inside in a smaller, confined setting.
14,625. No less. Shut yer dumbass pie hole.

I believe the Moody Cener seats around 11,000 for basketball games. It's really an awesome experience, they prioritized bringing energy into the building over maximizing attendance.

A new facility would be better IMO with hosting volleyball and basketball. Seat 8,000 to 10,000.

I mean if you can fill the seats more the better. NBA arenas are big draws for recruits too.

In looking at the picture provided, my one suggestion if Gophers are thinking of a similar set-up. I would start the seating on the side behind the team benches up 2-3 steps above floor level. Would be pretty frustrating to pay prime price for front-row, close to the court seats, only to realize that your view is obstructed by coaches walking the sideline and players jumping up and down during play and blocking your view.

In looking at the picture provided, my one suggestion if Gophers are thinking of a similar set-up. I would start the seating on the side behind the team benches up 2-3 steps above floor level. Would be pretty frustrating to pay prime price for front-row, close to the court seats, only to realize that your view is obstructed by coaches walking the sideline and players jumping up and down during play and blocking your view.
The courtside seats are so lame, if you're building an arena for basketball and not hockey you don't need all that extra space and you should move the main seating closer to the court, but they had to have all this extra room and empty space so they can give the VIPs space from the commoners.

Top Bottom