Baylor RB Lache Seastrunk: I'm going to win the Heisman. I'm going to win it in 2013

BleedGopher

Reaction score

No, I'M going to win the Heisman Trophy in 2013. Me. I guarantee it.

It's fun to be delusional.

By my calculations, it's about 74 more years until Baylor's Haley's Comet comes back around.

Dexter Foreman also said he was going to win Heisman. EDIT: he just said it was a goal. But he said it in a pretty declarative way, as if it was very possible. Not that there's a problem with athletes having high goals. I think it's helpful for athletes to have confidence, or even some swagger, especially at a skill position like Foreman or Seastrunk.

Dexter Foreman also said he was going to win Heisman. EDIT: he just said it was a goal. But he said it in a pretty declarative way, as if it was very possible. Not that there's a problem with athletes having high goals. I think it's helpful for athletes to have confidence, or even some swagger, especially at a skill position like Foreman or Seastrunk.

The comparison to Foreman isn't exactly perfect. Seastrunk was a big time recruit, unlike Foreman. I'm not saying that I expect Lache to win the thing or even necessarily be a major contributor at Baylor (I don't know nearly enough about the kid to make any sort of declarations like that), but I didn't even know who Johnny Manziel was before this season.

1) I don't think a kid who transferred schools because he "misses his grandparents" (read: was going to ride the pine at Oregon, but could start at mediocre Baylor) has the commitment or mental toughness to be college football's top player.

2) I didn't hear his whole interview, but why not make goals for your TEAM and not just yourself (notice how even Heisman winners thank their team)?

3) Coaches should really give these kids a little training before letting them talk to the media (i.e. Kevin Sumlin's policy of no freshmen doing interviews). It really helps curb stupid comments like this.

4) You're Baylor.

I am 68 years old.
I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.
I have an ICD (heart) implant.
I am delusional.
I am a drunk.
I can win the Heisman Trophy for my TEAM of Senior Citizens.
I am God.
I talk before I think.
I pay taxes, therefore I exist.
I can blow smoke out my a$$, I have nicotine stains in my underwear to prove it.

I am a loud mouth like Seastrunk.

I am 68 years old.
I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.
I have an ICD (heart) implant.
I am delusional.
I am a drunk.
I can win the Heisman Trophy for my TEAM of Senior Citizens.
I am God.
I talk before I think.
I pay taxes, therefore I exist.
I can blow smoke out my a$$, I have nicotine stains in my underwear to prove it.

I am a loud mouth like Seastrunk.

You got my vote Doc!

Top Bottom