Battle status fir Purdue

Tier 1: purdue
Tier 2: MSU Illini Rutgers
Tier 3: Penn State Indiana Michigan Northwestern, Iowa, Wisconsin (on the verge of tier 4)
Tier 4: Gophers Nebraska Ohio State Maryland

Fixed it, not sure how I forgot those two teams. *I think Wisconsin is really bad and they have no scorers and without Johnny Davis to help them they are in a world of hurt
Wisconsin is tier 2. They've got the players and are fundamentally sound enough to beat anyone.

Wisconsin is tier 2. They've got the players and are fundamentally sound enough to beat anyone.
I think their next few games will be telling. They have lost 3 in a row and barely beat us (granted they lost Wahl with ~13min left in the first half). Since the Gopher game, the lost @ Illini by 10 (not bad), @ MSU by 4 (not bad), but took a terrible loss 63-45 @ Indiana (too a really banged up Hoosiers team *who snapped a 3 game losing streak and were without two starters Xavier Johnson and Race Thompson. Being held to 45 points in any game is pathetic, but having that happen by a team down two starters due to injury makes it even worse).

I really believe they can't score, they are not deep, and they lack athleticism. Many of Gard's teams over the last few years have had high level talent + they play the same style. This year is clearly a rebuilding year in which they are lacking the higher end talent
2021-22: johnny davis
2019-2021: Trice was much faster than their current guards and could create much more offense
Then prior you get to the Ethan Happ years - good college player

I'll be doing PA for a HS Girls BB game tonight. don't think I'll bother to DVR the Gophers.

Purdue is really good. I have no expectation that the Gophers will win. It would be nice if they could just make it a reasonably competitive game.

for the Gophers, it's all about effort, ball movement and rebounding.

saw an interesting quote from Ben Johnson. Without naming names, he was talking about players not knowing or understanding their assignments.

Johnson went into the unacceptable elements of Monday’s loss and why there were those breakdowns.

“You’ve got to remember the plays,” he said. “You’ve got to remember an action. … It could be defensive assignments. By this time of year, you’ve got to know the defensive assignment.

“Why didn’t you know it? Was it not communicated from staff to player? If it was communicated, where was the lapse? Just trying to figure out the answers to that. Those are the things that will drive anyone crazy.”

Back spasms are incredibly painful to the point of making it difficult to move or breath. I still get them occasionally myself but usually limit my activity once I feel the slightest tweak so I don’t get a full blown spasm. I’d rest him so his back has some time to rest and heal.

Is it legal to have a defender sit on another defender’s shoulders? Might be our most effective way to double team him.
:) In the late 60s Kundla's team nearly beat Wooden's squad that had Alcinder. The center at the time for the Gophers, might have been Bill Masterson at about 6-7 or so and they simulated Alcindor by defending him in practice with tennis rackets.

It will be interesting to see what Payne can do against Edey on this second go at him.

I'll be doing PA for a HS Girls BB game tonight. don't think I'll bother to DVR the Gophers.

Purdue is really good. I have no expectation that the Gophers will win. It would be nice if they could just make it a reasonably competitive game.

for the Gophers, it's all about effort, ball movement and rebounding.

saw an interesting quote from Ben Johnson. Without naming names, he was talking about players not knowing or understanding their assignments.

Johnson went into the unacceptable elements of Monday’s loss and why there were those breakdowns.

“You’ve got to remember the plays,” he said. “You’ve got to remember an action. … It could be defensive assignments. By this time of year, you’ve got to know the defensive assignment.

“Why didn’t you know it? Was it not communicated from staff to player? If it was communicated, where was the lapse? Just trying to figure out the answers to that. Those are the things that will drive anyone crazy.”
I hope you can rival this atmosphere!

Detroit Basketball!!!!

this!

Henley and Carrington need some positive vibe games!! both shooting under 32% from the floor.

why am i thinking if Battle doesnt play that this will be the game that Garcia & Payne both get in foul trouble and we will be running a line up of Samuals, Cooper, Henley, JOJ, & TT!?!
So much for that. I guess it's TT time!

Top Bottom