Battle and Cooper Listed as Graduating Seniors Today

It was pretty clear at senior night that they are done. Only wish we could have got a little notice. The title “senior”doesn’t mean anything right now….thanks COVID.
I appreciate that Battle went to school for four years, got two degrees and is now done…compared to Fox and Ihnen who are on the geriatric plan.

Battle is their best shooter. If he chooses elsewhere, that hurts them. I like Cooper, but I think he’s more easily replaced. Emptying the system of better players doesn’t bode well. It took 20 games for the team to give any appearance of gelling.
Battle being the best shooter is more of a program issue than anything. His shot selection especially this year is horrible. He doesn’t have speed to guard at the position he needs to play for us to be successful & he doesn’t help much ball handling wise. I’m not saying he will be easy to replace but that’s more because Ben hasn’t shown me he’s capable of recruiting portal guys

For a team that has so little offensive talent losing Battle is a huge blow. He didn't have a good year, but this is a guy who was voted preseason All-B1G. A guy who has been told he'll get a chance to play pro ball somewhere.

And, limited as he is, Cooper is the only current point guard option, so Johnson needs 2 portal options there next year, not one.

These are big losses.

For a team that has so little offensive talent losing Battle is a huge blow. He didn't have a good year, but this is a guy who was voted preseason All-B1G. A guy who has been told he'll get a chance to play pro ball somewhere.

And, limited as he is, Cooper is the only current point guard option, so Johnson needs 2 portal options there next year, not one.

These are big losses.
Battle bouncing back after a down year was one of the few things to be optimistic about for next year.

Top Bottom