Bateman going off on twitter

The reason he deleted the tweet is probably pretty straightforward. I'm sure his agent/publicist quickly informed him that it was a bad idea to bite the hand that feeds them. Regardless of his apology, I still think Bate believes what he said.

Also, one of your main issues seems to be that Bate is blaming someone else for his injuries. I find this ironic given the fact that Bate's tweet was a response to the GM blaming draft picks for not panning out rather than blaming himself or his staff for making poor draft picks...

You also seem to have some sort of issue with Bateman being paid well. Do you think the Raven's GM is working for minimum wage? Both parties are paid handsomely to do a job. Why do you only take issue with the player getting paid?

If you worked a job and you felt like your boss was putting your career in harm's way, would you just grin and bear it? I hope not.
If I went to twitter, I'd be fired and the paycheck would stop.

Bateman has no worries on this, though.

Odd comparison!

So why did he post what he did?

Who is the other team and will we be hearing from those players?
Do you know what Bateman posted and what he was responding to?

Do you know what Bateman posted and what he was responding to?
Yes!

Words that are facts from the general manager.

Bateman sounded off on a tweet that posted DeCosta's quote Wednesday from the NFL combine about how he evaluates wide receivers.

"If I had an answer, that would probably mean I would have some better receivers," DeCosta said. "We're going to keep swinging. There have been some guys that have been successful players for us that were draft picks. We've never really hit on that All-Pro type of guy, which is disappointing, but it's not for a lack of effort. ... It's one of those anomalies that I really can't explain, other than to say that we're not going to stop trying."

Last edited:

If I went to twitter, I'd be fired and the paycheck would stop.

Bateman has no worries on this, though.

Odd comparison!
If you worked a union job like Bateman does, I doubt you'd be fired for something as mild as what he tweeted. You are saying that Bate doesn't have to worry about being fired for speaking out as if that is a bad thing... Is it?

I understand your point that he should've kept things in house, but I think the GM could've done the same with his criticisms of recent WR draft picks.

Well then I assume you are smart enough to figure out why he posted what he did (the question you asked).
I give up! The gm said they have drafted some successful players, they just haven't hit on All-Pro types. That's true, with nothing to argue about. I don't see it as a slam, either.

There have been some guys that have been successful players for us that were draft picks. We've never really hit on that All-Pro type of guy, which is disappointing, but it's not for a lack of effort.

Maybe Bateman thinks he's all-pro.

I give up! The gm said they have drafted some successful players, they just haven't hit on All-Pro types. That's true, with nothing to argue about. I don't see it as a slam, either.

There have been some guys that have been successful players for us that were draft picks. We've never really hit on that All-Pro type of guy, which is disappointing, but it's not for a lack of effort.

Maybe Bateman thinks he's all-pro.
I'd want out of Baltimore if I were a WR too. No WR will thrive in a Lamar offense.

I know.

I then called Bateman's comment a dumb--k comment. He had an injury to his foot not caused by his strength and conditioning coach.

Bateman deleted his post, apologized, and then had two emoji's hugging.

It would appear Bateman made a dumb---k comment, posted it, and then reconsidered. He is still the one in the right, though. I'll take your word for it, because, well, he played for the Gophers.

You're a little bitch of a fan if all it took was one Twitter rant from an all-timer like Bateman to claim you are no longer a fan. Dude made your life much better in 2019. Show some respect.

don't know if anyone saw it, but the NFL players association released a survey of its members - over 1,300 players responded, with each ranking their own teams in a number of categories to come up with an overall score for the team that 'treated its players the best.'

the Vikings finished in 1st place. The Ravens were 17th. The Commies were in last place.

The story I read in Yahoo Sports said the Ravens made changes to their training staff after the results of the survey were
the vikings were FIRST? and they still can’t get to the super bowl. maybe they can be better than first!

You're a little bitch of a fan if all it took was one Twitter rant from an all-timer like Bateman to claim you are no longer a fan. Dude made your life much better in 2019. Show some respect.
Who the fuk are you?

Someone with a much more reasonable sense of perspective than you apparently.
I could be wrong, but I think you licked Pitino's balls until the last second. You wouldn't know perspective if it hit you in the ass. If that wasn't you, I apologize.

But thanks for your input!

I could be wrong, but I think you licked Pitino's balls until the last second. You wouldn't know perspective if it hit you in the ass. If that wasn't you, I apologize.

But thanks for your input!

I tried to support the ongoing hoops season as it was going instead of turning on the team mid-season. So yeah, I guess I wasn't actively cheering against Pitino to lose during the year.

Either way, way to deflect? You are literally turning on one of the best players and most awesome recruiting wins we have ever had at the U. Not to mention, he has been extremely loyal to the program and continues to be a champion of the Gophers and PJ to this day. All because of a single Twitter rant? Get. A. Frigging. Grip. Guy.

Bateman’s been a disappointment for sure

Injured 2 seasons out of 3

Tyler Johnson also a bust

Can’t blame for Ravens admin to be disappointed in their 2021 1st round draft pick. Been a bust.

Sad but true

Hope they both get a better 2023-2024 year.

Blamed others, deleted it, and apologized.

What the hell?

If his wasn't a dumb--k comment, he wouldn't have deleted it.

What the hell is he apologizing for?

I'll wait for your response, which will be CRICKETS

Not a fan anymore!

He likely deleted it and apologized because I'm guessing someone told him it's better to keep it in house. That doesn't make what he said wrong.

But go on with your bad self! Those clouds need a good yelling at!

He likely deleted it and apologized because I'm guessing someone told him it's better to keep it in house. That doesn't make what he said wrong.

But go on with your bad self! Those clouds need a good yelling at!
He wasn't wrong. I'm wrong.

He deleted it, and your guessing someone told him to keep it in house. Well, that's exactly what I said he should have done.

Thanks, Dave!

Where's Eric Klein, the greatest Strength and Training Coach in the history of Strength and Training Coaches, when you need him?

The NFLPA report cards just came out, this is how the Ravens scored and what Bateman and others are complaining about.

Bateman didn't miss a game in college due to injury.

View attachment 24334

30 of the 32 teams in the NFL gave their strength coaches fairly positive reviews. Baltimore was one of the two teams that fell well below the rest, and they were even significantly below the second-worst team.

Players do not feel like the strength staff helps them be more successful. The team recently parted ways with Head Strength Coach Steve Saunders, so we will be interested to see if this area improves in his absence.

I didn't even know you can get an F-

I feel A LOT better now about the F's I got in school!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Can’t blame for Ravens admin to be disappointed in their 2021 1st round draft pick. Been a bust.

Sad but true

Well that's not possible considering this was only his 2nd season in the NFL.

Career stats

YearTeamRECYDSAVGLNGTDATTYDSTD
2022Ravens1528519.0752000
2021Ravens4651511.2361000
Career6180013.1753000

Additionally, it's hard to call a mid-late 5th round pick a bust at WR (Johnson). Did I expect more production? Sure, but many 5th rounders never catch a pass in the league.

Sad but true

He's also playing in one of the least WR friendly offenses in the NFL.

I tried to support the ongoing hoops season as it was going instead of turning on the team mid-season. So yeah, I guess I wasn't actively cheering against Pitino to lose during the year.

Either way, way to deflect? You are literally turning on one of the best players and most awesome recruiting wins we have ever had at the U. Not to mention, he has been extremely loyal to the program and continues to be a champion of the Gophers and PJ to this day. All because of a single Twitter rant? Get. A. Frigging. Grip. Guy.
If the Vikings picked a first round receiver, and the receiver was from any school but Minnesota, and that post was made by said player and that player had Bateman's numbers..........All of Minnesota would rip that player into oblivion and want him out of Minnesota.

Carry on!

Last edited:

The thing that takes the cake with this whole report card thing, is that the lowest grade is not F ... it's F-

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Terrible time for the Ravens to have Bateman come out with these complaints along with the poor S&C grades before free agency. The players were asked about their organization and a S&C grade of F- says a lot about how the Raven players feel. It's not just Bateman but it should have been taken up directly in-house. My guess is that is the reason for the apology but based on the S&C grade it's obviously a team problem area and Rashod only stated what several were thinking.

Top Bottom