Bateman going off on twitter

Cobra

former west banker
Reaction score

[Rashod Bateman] how bout you play to your player’s strength and & stop pointing the finger at us and #8 …blame the one you let do this…. we take heat 24/7 . & keep us healthy … care about US & see what happen..ain’t no promises tho … tired of y’all lyin and capn on players for no reason​

Comments on twitter and Reddit are hilarious!

They drafted you in the first round, paid you large money, and you are always injured.

Not a fan anymore. Quit crying.

They drafted you in the first round, paid you large money, and you are always injured.

Did you look into this at all, or just make an off-the-cuff ignorant post out of laziness?

One of the major complaints is the S&C guy causing all these injuries. Former players backing it up.

Quit crying.

Did you look into this at all, or just make an off-the-cuff ignorant post out of laziness?

One of the major complaints is the S&C guy causing all these injuries. Former players backing it up.

Quit crying.
The strength and conditioning guy caused it. LMAO

This is a bad look from a former star from the U.

Way to post this out in public. It's a great look.

He's had groin injuries and a foot injury. Ok, it's the strength and conditioning coach. LMAO

He's basically been a bust. Blame it on someone else.

He's had groin injuries and a foot injury. Ok, it's the strength and conditioning coach. LMAO

So in other words, "no", you didn't look into it at all.

As for your "LMAO" comments, maybe you've heard something about an S&C coach from our rival down south? You don't think those people can cause injury?

Give it up. You tried to take the easy way and just make an off-the-cuff snarky remark. You were ignorant with said remark. Can't come back from it, just own it and move on.

As for your "LMAO" comments, maybe you've heard something about an S&C coach from our rival down south? You don't think those people can cause injury?

Give it up. You tried to take the easy way and just make an off-the-cuff snarky remark. You were ignorant with said remark. Can't come back from it, just own it and move on.
Look into what?

He was paid greatly and is always injured. Injuries that have nothing to do with the strength and conditioning coach.

Since you've looked into it, how were his foot injury and groin injuries the result of the strength and conditioning coach. I will await your answer. Fill me in.

Oh, and not sure if you've heard, but Bateman deleted the tweet, apologized, and posted two emoji's hugging it out.

Maybe you could fill me in on what he apologized for.

Last edited:

Since you've looked into it, how were his foot injury and groin injuries the result of the strength and conditioning coach. I will await your answer. Fill me in.
Overtraining the adductor muscles or their opposing muscles can cause the player to be more susceptible to groin injuries.

Several years ago, the Vikings had a S & C coach who advocated lifting with dumbbells. Every year, the Vikings had several players with Pec injuries. The players complained and the coach was fired. He was hired somewhere else...and that team started having pec injuries.

Look into what?
Umm, the story linked above that talks about not only Bateman, but others complaining about the S&C coach. Kinda relevant to what we're talking about, no? It's in post #2, by Taji34. Maybe read it and you'll have some understanding of the circumstances, instead of just inferring things.

He was paid greatly and is always injured. Injuries that have nothing to do with the strength and conditioning coach.
Complete nonsense. Have you ever lifted weights before, or more specifically, been part of a program?????? There's no point in even debating with you if you honestly believe S&C can't cause an injury.

Overtraining the adductor muscles or their opposing muscles can cause the player to be more susceptible to groin injuries.

Several years ago, the Vikings had a S & C coach who advocated lifting with dumbbells. Every year, the Vikings had several players with Pec injuries. The players complained and the coach was fired. He was hired somewhere else...and that team started having pec injuries.
Boom! kg21, whatcha got???????????????????????????????????

What a total dumbf--k comment. So just because a player makes a lot of money, he should keep his mouth shut? What about all his other well-paid teammates also commenting along the same lines?

Umm, the story linked above that talks about not only Bateman, but others complaining about the S&C coach. Kinda relevant to what we're talking about, no? It's in post #2, by Taji34. Maybe read it and you'll have some understanding of the circumstances, instead of just inferring things.

Complete nonsense. Have you ever lifted weights before, or more specifically, been part of a program?????? There's no point in even debating with you if you honestly believe S&C can't cause an injury.
On top of that, there is probably not another person in the entire franchise more closely tied to the health and injury prevention than your S&C coaches.

Proper weightlifting/strength/conditioning does two things. Makes you stronger/faster and prevents injuries.

Broken bone in your foot is bad luck. Groin injuries can very closely be tied to the training staff.

don't know if anyone saw it, but the NFL players association released a survey of its members - over 1,300 players responded, with each ranking their own teams in a number of categories to come up with an overall score for the team that 'treated its players the best.'

the Vikings finished in 1st place. The Ravens were 17th. The Commies were in last place.

The story I read in Yahoo Sports said the Ravens made changes to their training staff after the results of the survey were released.

These takes are a bad look to potential recruits that may choose to read this forum.

Another example for you is JJ Hardy for the Twins. Showed some huge promise with the Brewers.

Had a ton of power. We got him in the Carlos Gomez trade. We had a bunch of CF and needed infielders. He was a budding super star.

He had a wrist problem all year. We sold low. Got rid of him after 1 year.

The Orioles’ trainer said he just needed a simple wrist massage. 1 week into spring training he was back into all star form. Complained about how bad the Twins trainer were. Exasperating the issue.

Played like a champ for the next couple seasons Gold glove, silver slugger, all star, and MVP consideration.

The Ravens have been one of the most well-run NFL franchises in the last 20 years, this criticism seems awfully odd.

Lamar choosing to have his Mom as his agent just seems completely bizarre and unwise. And to top things off, he wants a fully guaranteed contract like the Browns were stupid enough to do with D. Watson.

You just aren't going to see any more NFL franchises cave in on a fully guaranteed contract like Watson got. It's not going to happen. Lamar needs to realize that and get the best deal he can get.

The Ravens are likely going to franchise tag him (with either the exclusive or non-exclusive, or whatever they are called?) and at the end of next season it will be time for both sides to shit or get off the pot.

It is bad form to whine on twitter, nothing good comes of doing that.

What a total dumbf--k comment. So just because a player makes a lot of money, he should keep his mouth shut? What about all his other well-paid teammates also commenting along the same lines?
Blamed others, deleted it, and apologized.

What the hell?

If his wasn't a dumb--k comment, he wouldn't have deleted it.

What the hell is he apologizing for?

I'll wait for your response, which will be CRICKETS

Not a fan anymore!

The Ravens have been one of the most well-run NFL franchises in the last 20 years, this criticism seems awfully odd.

Lamar choosing to have his Mom as his agent just seems completely bizarre and unwise. And to top things off, he wants a fully guaranteed contract like the Browns were stupid enough to do with D. Watson.

You just aren't going to see any more NFL franchises cave in on a fully guaranteed contract like Watson got. It's not going to happen. Lamar needs to realize that and get the best deal he can get.

The Ravens are likely going to franchise tag him (with either the exclusive or non-exclusive, or whatever they are called?) and at the end of next season it will be time for both sides to shit or get off the pot.
The shelf life of QBs who are also used as RBs is a lot shorter than pocket QBs who only run when they have to.

The shelf life of QBs who are also used as RBs is a lot shorter than pocket QBs who only run when they have to.
I think Jim Plunkett was the one who said it, "There are a lot of young running QBs in this league, there aren't a lot of old ones". Then he demanded to be traded to a team that wouldn't run the QB or something like that.

What the hell?

Not a fan anymore!
WriteGoph wasn't calling Bateman's comment "dumbf--k" he was referring to yours.

Nooooooooooow I get it, it's just a matter of reading comprehension, or lack thereof.

Whining is never a fun sport.

How is Big Dan doing?

WriteGoph wasn't calling Bateman's comment "dumbf--k" he was referring to yours.

Nooooooooooow I get it, it's just a matter of reading comprehension, or lack thereof.
I know.

I then called Bateman's comment a dumb--k comment. He had an injury to his foot not caused by his strength and conditioning coach.

Bateman deleted his post, apologized, and then had two emoji's hugging.

It would appear Bateman made a dumb---k comment, posted it, and then reconsidered. He is still the one in the right, though. I'll take your word for it, because, well, he played for the Gophers.

Last edited:

The NFLPA report cards just came out, this is how the Ravens scored and what Bateman and others are complaining about.

Bateman didn't miss a game in college due to injury.

1677795458880.png

30 of the 32 teams in the NFL gave their strength coaches fairly positive reviews. Baltimore was one of the two teams that fell well below the rest, and they were even significantly below the second-worst team.

Players do not feel like the strength staff helps them be more successful. The team recently parted ways with Head Strength Coach Steve Saunders, so we will be interested to see if this area improves in his absence.

What the hell?

Not a fan anymore!
The reason he deleted the tweet is probably pretty straightforward. I'm sure his agent/publicist quickly informed him that it was a bad idea to bite the hand that feeds them. Regardless of his apology, I still think Bate believes what he said.

Also, one of your main issues seems to be that Bate is blaming someone else for his injuries. I find this ironic given the fact that Bate's tweet was a response to the GM blaming draft picks for not panning out rather than blaming himself or his staff for making poor draft picks...

You also seem to have some sort of issue with Bateman being paid well. Do you think the Raven's GM is working for minimum wage? Both parties are paid handsomely to do a job. Why do you only take issue with the player getting paid?

If you worked a job and you felt like your boss was putting your career in harm's way, would you just grin and bear it? I hope not.

The NFLPA report cards just came out, this is how the Ravens scored and what Bateman and others are complaining about.

Bateman didn't miss a game in college due to injury.

View attachment 24334

30 of the 32 teams in the NFL gave their strength coaches fairly positive reviews. Baltimore was one of the two teams that fell well below the rest, and they were even significantly below the second-worst team.

Players do not feel like the strength staff helps them be more successful. The team recently parted ways with Head Strength Coach Steve Saunders, so we will be interested to see if this area improves in his absence.

So why did he post what he did?

Who is the other team and will we be hearing from those players?

The reason he deleted the tweet is probably pretty straightforward. I'm sure his agent/publicist quickly informed him that it was a bad idea to bite the hand that feeds them. Regardless of his apology, I still think Bate believes what he said.

Also, one of your main issues seems to be that Bate is blaming someone else for his injuries. I find this ironic given the fact that Bate's tweet was a response to the GM blaming draft picks for not panning out rather than blaming himself or his staff for making poor draft picks...

You also seem to have some sort of issue with Bateman being paid well. Do you think the Raven's GM is working for minimum wage? Both parties are paid handsomely to do a job. Why do you only take issue with the player getting paid?

If you worked a job and you felt like your boss was putting your career in harm's way, would you just grin and bear it? I hope not.
My issue with Bateman is why he posted that stuff that should stay in house.

It sounded to me like Bateman was passing the buck.

If he truly believed it, then have the balls to stand behind it.

what was the defensive tackles name that came here, didn't play much, but posted how he felt on twitter(he was passing the buck)......he was ripped a new one by gopher fans

Top Bottom