Based on the news about delays to Viking Stadium --

Rog

Reaction score
Will the vikes be at TCF for 3 years?

The way it is looking, more power to the Gophers. It looks like the one game day ticket buyers will be screwed.

With this event upcoming, the University of Minnesota can come out smelling like Roses!!!

Hold the Vikings hostage for lots of money to help with all of the $190 million needed for facility upgrades that AD Teague wants.

Wouldn't it be swell if the Wilfs as a token of community spirit and gratitude donate, $150 million towards the facility upgrades?

This is good for the Vikings but bad for downtown. We could really use the Downtown East construction.

Big money and media versus one guy bringing a lawsuit? Gee, I'll bet this roadblock gets steamrolled rather quickly.

The way it is looking, more power to the Gophers. It looks like the one game day ticket buyers will be screwed.

With this event upcoming, the University of Minnesota can come out smelling like Roses!!!

Hold the Vikings hostage for lots of money to help with all of the $190 million needed for facility upgrades that AD Teague wants.

They aren't selling single game tickets while at TCF.

Wouldn't it be swell if the Wilfs as a token of community spirit and gratitude donate, $150 million towards the facility upgrades?

Dr. Don has a better chance of scoring with Jessica Alba than that happening.

Dr. Don has a better chance of scoring with Jessica Alba than that happening.

Wow, I am impressed with whom you want me to spend a weekend. I could live with it, but would probably die on Monday. :)

The Vikings' user agreement for TCF Bank Stadium includes language providing for use of the facility in the 2016 and 2017 seasons, if necessary, as long as the Vikes inform the U of M by October 1 , 2015 for the 2016 season and by October 1, 2016 for the 2017 season. The Vikes pay $3,000,000 for 2014 and $3,000,000 for 2015. If their stay is extended, then they pay $3,125,000 in 2016 and $3,250,000 in 2017. Those fees consist of a "game fee" which is effectively rent and what is called the U of M's "game share" which represents funds for advertising, sponsorship, concession, and miscellaneous items. I presume this is a make good for the Vikes getting to push Pepsi when Coke has the pouring rights and US Bank when TCF has the naming rights and so forth. Expenses and facility improvements are above and beyond these fees. The user agreement spells out how soon the Vikes must pay the U of M when invoiced and has a resolution plan for disputed costs with the Vikes on the hook for interest and attorney fees in the event of such a dispute. Interest will also accrue on late payments. The rate is 6% per annum.

Plenty more to read about the agreement at the link below:

http://stmedia.startribune.com/documents/Facility+Use+Agreement+executed+by+Vikings-04.28.2013+.pdf

The Vikings' user agreement for TCF Bank Stadium includes language providing for use of the facility in the 2016 and 2017 seasons, if necessary, as long as the Vikes inform the U of M by October 1 , 2015 for the 2016 season and by October 1, 2016 for the 2017 season. The Vikes pay $3,000,000 for 2014 and $3,000,000 for 2015. If their stay is extended, then they pay $3,125,000 in 2016 and $3,250,000 in 2017. Those fees consist of a "game fee" which is effectively rent and what is called the U of M's "game share" which represents funds for advertising, sponsorship, concession, and miscellaneous items. I presume this is a make good for the Vikes getting to push Pepsi when Coke has the pouring rights and US Bank when TCF has the naming rights and so forth. Expenses and facility improvements are above and beyond these fees. The user agreement spells out how soon the Vikes must pay the U of M when invoiced and has a resolution plan for disputed costs with the Vikes on the hook for interest and attorney fees in the event of such a dispute. Interest will also accrue on late payments. The rate is 6% per annum.

Plenty more to read about the agreement at the link below:

http://stmedia.startribune.com/documents/Facility+Use+Agreement+executed+by+Vikings-04.28.2013+.pdf

I believe that is 300,000 per game which would be 3 Mill per year for 10 games. Note that they may well play a 'home game' each year in London which would lower that total.

The NFL has already allotted its London games for 2014 with the Jaguars hosting the Cowboys, the Falcons hosting the Lions, and the Raiders hosting the Dolphins. 2015, and 2016 and 2017 if necessary, are still in play.

The NFL has already allotted its London games for 2014 with the Jaguars hosting the Cowboys, the Falcons hosting the Lions, and the Raiders hosting the Dolphins. 2015, and 2016 and 2017 if necessary, are still in play.

Does that include exabition games or are they still in play?

The NFL hasn't played a preseason game overseas since 2005 and hasn't scheduled one since aborted attempts at playing in Beijing in 2007 initially and then an attempt again in 2009. The NFL no longer schedules such games. When the Bills extended their contract to play one game per year in Toronto for five years effective the 2013 season, it was for regular season games only unlike the previous deal which included a couple of preseason games as well. I think the increasingly meaningless nature of preseason games (once upon a time the regulars played a fair amount in all four games) has turned off international fans to seeing them, especially in London where they now get three regular season games per year. Stateside fans are pretty turned off too, but when they're included in the season ticket package, you're pretty much stuck with taking them. The Vikes will play two preseason and eight regular season games on campus in 2014. It's possible they may host a London game in 2015 or in 2016 or 2017 should they extend their stay at The Bank, but current scheduling practices virtually guarantee it would be a regular season match up.

Not sure where to post this, but this thread seemed as good as any. On the Vikings seating chart for The Bank, the temporary stands are shown. They're going to put several additional rows of seats above the small sections in the endzone. It looks like there will be roughly as many rows in the temporary seats as in the sections below them.

The practice of standing in the open end and having a view from behind those sections will be effectively 86'ed for the next two seasons with only a small view available from behind section 152. The presence of those bleachers will also impact foot traffic in that part of the stadium. The plan had been that beer sales would take place throughout the facility for Vikings games and with the temporary stands making it impossible to place the beer tents there, one would have to assume that will be the case for Gopher Football as well.

Click the photo for a bigger view.

3158170_G.jpg

They were selling beer from the concession stands and portable stands in the concourse for the outdoor hockey game. I think it was all bottles, not sure

They were selling beer from the concession stands and portable stands in the concourse for the outdoor hockey game. I think it was all bottles, not sure

They were selling cans too. I didn't see any taps but didn't walk around very much.

Hopefully this spells the end for the eyesore tent city, just embarrassing.

900 bucks to get into the lower bowl for 8 games? No thanks.

Top Bottom