Baseball Starts on Thursday!!

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Woo Hoo!!! It's about damn time!!!

Heard on a podcast yesterday that over the last several days among the players, staff, etc of the MLS, the NHL, and the NBA have conducted 4,170 COVID tests with 2 positive results.

Go Twins!!

Very happy to have baseball back.

Not very happy about having fake crowd noise piped into stadiums.

If you're not going to have fans, then let us hear the actual sounds of the game. But, the MLB folks are worried that some pitcher is going to serve up a 3-run HR, and yell some bad words that will be picked up by one of the microphones - and we can't have little Johnny hear some pitcher say the "F-Word" while little Johnny is watching the game with Dad.

as far as the game itself - we will find out quickly which players kept working out during the break and which ones didn't. I suspect you will see some guys get off to fairly hot starts, and other guys stink up the joint for the first couple of weeks. after that, the level of play should even out.

also - if players are not in shape, watch out for early-season soft-tissue injuries - pulls and sprains. with a 60-game season, having a key player go on the shelf for 7 or 10 days will make a huge difference.

Very happy to have baseball back.

Not very happy about having fake crowd noise piped into stadiums.

If you're not going to have fans, then let us hear the actual sounds of the game. But, the MLB folks are worried that some pitcher is going to serve up a 3-run HR, and yell some bad words that will be picked up by one of the microphones - and we can't have little Johnny hear some pitcher say the "F-Word" while little Johnny is watching the game with Dad.

as far as the game itself - we will find out quickly which players kept working out during the break and which ones didn't. I suspect you will see some guys get off to fairly hot starts, and other guys stink up the joint for the first couple of weeks. after that, the level of play should even out.

also - if players are not in shape, watch out for early-season soft-tissue injuries - pulls and sprains. with a 60-game season, having a key player go on the shelf for 7 or 10 days will make a huge difference.
I've watched a bit of EPL soccer lately. They pump in noise for the broadcast, but also give you the option to watch it without.
I much prefer the fake noise.

We're going to have all 5 major sports potentially playing at the same time. Golf has it's first major coming up.

Will there be too many sports? Will one sport get really poor ratings?

Top Bottom