Barkey Bashing the B10, says no way Gophers/Illinois win Today

GoldMedalCounty

Reaction score
Barkley Bashing the B10, says no way Gophers/Illinois win Today

The Big Ten could easily have 25% of the Sweet Sixteen and Barkley is still maintaining the conference is overrated. I really wish they'd axe Chuck from the NCAA assignment. All of his analysis seems to be based off of assumptions from his college days or bias to the West coast....and he's been wrong much more than right in most of his statements these first four days of the tournament.

I hope the boys saw his teurrrrible analysis and prove that knucklehead wrong!

He sure has been pimping the Pac 12. He thinks Oregon and Arizona are final four teams. Good luck with that...

i think it is mostly a "bit" that he is doing. trying to rankle some people and get them going. deep down i don't think he actually believes all the crap he is saying about the big ten.

The Big Ten could easily have 25% of the Sweet Sixteen and Barkley is still maintaining the conference is overrated. I really wish they'd axe Chuck from the NCAA assignment. All of his analysis seems to be based off of assumptions from his college days or bias to the West coast....and he's been wrong much more than right in most of his statements these first four days of the tournament.

I hope the boys saw his teurrrrible analysis and prove that knucklehead wrong!

I am sure the Big Ten will be thwarted in the Tourney by the all powerful and unstoppable Mountain West Conference...

I would absolutely LOVE to see an all B1G Final Four just to see what Charles Barkley has to say about it.

In an appearance on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart this week, he added the program(Weight Watchers) had been affecting his wardrobe choices.
"I have two wardrobes: A skinny wardrobe and a fat wardrobe," Barkley told Stewart. "This (suit) is part of my skinny wardrobe, but see I'm going to lose some more weight, so I got to get another wardrobe made."

He's back to the fat wardrobe. Bash that.

Yeah I heard that. He gives them little shot and when asked 'what if they win today' he responded by saying neither would have a shot in the sweet sixteen either. Go Big Ten. Prove the haters wrong.

Let him babble, it gets Gopher Fans fired up.

Was listening to sports talk radio last night and the host brought up an interesting point about Ernie, Kenny, Greg and Chuck handling the studio duties. He said he felt these guys are very good at analyzing the NBA game, but have little to no clue about the college game. He felt that because of their primary duties as NBA commentators, that their only knowledge of college ball these days came from late night cramming sessions in attempting to get ready to host this tournament. He went on to basically mock Chuck mercilessly because of how many times he's been completely wrong on the first two days of tournament broadcasts alone. Brought up his Big Ten references several times as evidence.

To be honest, I don't listen to much of what the guys in studio say under any circumstances. But thought it was an interesting take. He also suggested CBS get some guys that actually know about college basketball for coming years and just leave this bunch to their NBA duties.

He clearly is not prepared to do NCAA analysis, he was awful on Friday and his lack of prep was embarrassing.

I love Sir Charles, he's probably one of my five favorite athletes of all time. However, I don't put a lot of stock into what he has to say. They throw these guys who spend the entire year covering the NBA on TV just for the NCAA tourney. It's not exactly the same game. On top of that, didn't he say that Memphis was going to beat Sparty? How'd that work out?

Chuck is funny. It is a good thing he gives Minnesota no chance. Saturday when pimping the PAC he said UCLA got "jobbed" and lost because of Adams injury. I was waiting for him to explain how UCLA got jobbed, the travel to Austin, not a high enough seed or getting a bad match-up with the Gophers. He does not have a clue, so he did not say more. He hates no scoring and he equates that to the B1G he fails to see how the B1G is scoring well in the tournament.

Terrible choice of studio crew

Might as well have the NFL or NHL guys host for as poorly prepared they are. Chuck, in particular, seems to have done ZERO background. My favorite Barkleyism so far was mispronouncing the name of Kansas center Jeff Withey as "Whitie" ... Well, he was right, in that respect, I guess!

Was listening to sports talk radio last night and the host brought up an interesting point about Ernie, Kenny, Greg and Chuck handling the studio duties. He said he felt these guys are very good at analyzing the NBA game, but have little to no clue about the college game. He felt that because of their primary duties as NBA commentators, that their only knowledge of college ball these days came from late night cramming sessions in attempting to get ready to host this tournament. He went on to basically mock Chuck mercilessly because of how many times he's been completely wrong on the first two days of tournament broadcasts alone. Brought up his Big Ten references several times as evidence.

To be honest, I don't listen to much of what the guys in studio say under any circumstances. But thought it was an interesting take. He also suggested CBS get some guys that actually know about college basketball for coming years and just leave this bunch to their NBA duties.

Yeah, I don't understand why they pick these guys either. Greg Anthony does some college and I think he's okay, but Kenny and Charles are just not very knowledgeable of the college game.

I saw what Barkley said earlier today and it doesn't even make sense. He says the Big Ten is overrated and that he has MN and Illinois losing today. Even if that does happen, how does two teams losing to higher rated teams help his argument? I just think he has his opinion (which he is entitled to) and will stick with it as long as he can.

Yeah, I don't understand why they pick these guys either. Greg Anthony does some college and I think he's okay, but Kenny and Charles are just not very knowledgeable of the college game.

I saw what Barkley said earlier today and it doesn't even make sense. He says the Big Ten is overrated and that he has MN and Illinois losing today. Even if that does happen, how does two teams losing to higher rated teams help his argument? I just think he has his opinion (which he is entitled to) and will stick with it as long as he can.

I think it's an effort to streamline and therefore avoid having to bring in other guys. They actually had an alternative crew for the broadcasts on TruTV, TNT and TBS. I don't remember the host's name, but the analysts were Seth Davis, Steve Smith and Rex Chapman. I didn't think they were too bad, although I'm not a Seth Davis fan in the least.

I guess my big question is where is Greg Gumbel? Why isn't he doing the tournament anymore? I liked him as a host. I also like Greg Anthony because he actually watches college games. But when the NCAAs start up, now we get guys like Kenny and Chuck, along with Reggie Miller and Steve Kerr doing analysis on college games after spending all their time with the NBA the rest of the time.

Sir Chucky can kiss my ass! He looks like he is hungover on TV. Has no idea what's going on with most of the teams. Especially the Big Ten. Go Gophers!:clap:

I think it's an effort to streamline and therefore avoid having to bring in other guys. They actually had an alternative crew for the broadcasts on TruTV, TNT and TBS. I don't remember the host's name, but the analysts were Seth Davis, Steve Smith and Rex Chapman. I didn't think they were too bad, although I'm not a Seth Davis fan in the least.

I guess my big question is where is Greg Gumbel? Why isn't he doing the tournament anymore? I liked him as a host. I also like Greg Anthony because he actually watches college games. But when the NCAAs start up, now we get guys like Kenny and Chuck, along with Reggie Miller and Steve Kerr doing analysis on college games after spending all their time with the NBA the rest of the time.

Greg Gumbel is there today I believe.

Also, it would make more sense then to use the regular college guys like Seth Davis and Steve Smith on prime time and the NBA guys on the other channels.

Greg Gumbel is there today I believe.

Also, it would make more sense then to use the regular college guys like Seth Davis and Steve Smith on prime time and the NBA guys on the other channels.

Agree.

They throw these guys who spend the entire year covering the NBA on TV just for the NCAA tourney.

They should have thrown them through a plate glass window, like Barkley did to a guy.

Barkley also hocked a loogie on a little girl during a game.

He's been a hunk of *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# since he pretended to be a student at Auburn, and he's still a hunk of *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#. I have no idea why people find him entertaining. I guess that's why I never watch pre-game or halftime shows.

Hahaha, Barkley is still bashing Ohio State in the postgame saying the refs screwed up several calls hurting Iowa State.

Continues to bash the way the game ended and the big ten. Hopefully MN and Illinois can dispatch of their foes.

Seriously...why is Barkley doing NCAA...not just his Gopher comments, but has anybody been listening to him this week? He has really been sounding like an idiot.

Hahaha, Barkley is still bashing Ohio State in the postgame saying the refs screwed up several calls hurting Iowa State.

At this point I think his agenda is to try and save face and back up what he's been saying so far. He just keeps digging a deeper hole. He also thinks his charisma is going to bail him out - that people will think he's cute and lovable even if he's way off.

I like Barkley and all usually, but I think this is just embarrassing for CBS right now.

Into fits of babble Barkley goes.
What he's saying? Nobody knows.

I hate to write it - but I agree the officials missed the block call. Still think Chuck is funny. Also, glad OSU won.

I actually think he is right about the couple calls he is talking about. It looked to me like Craft should have been called for a block and instead Iowa State got called for the charge and the guy made the layup so he would have had a chance to put Iowa State up 3. Also thought the last ball out of bounds went off Thomas last and it was given back to Ohio State which resulted in Craft getting the chance at the buzzer beater.

Barkley is just pissed that nearly every anti-big ten prediction has been wrong so far...I hope he keeps saying the gophers have zero chance tonight

At this point I think his agenda is to try and save face and back up what he's been saying so far. He just keeps digging a deeper hole. He also thinks his charisma is going to bail him out - that people will think he's cute and lovable even if he's way off.

If he keeps this up for the next 2 weeks maybe CBS will realize how much they need some college basketball analysts in there next year. Not gonna hold my breath on that though.

Chuck is there for entertainment, Greg is there for the hardcore analysis. It's amazing how fans feel the need for validation from national analysts.

The refs did give Ohio St. a very questionable call late (charging on Lucious). That swung the game Ohio State's way. That said, it isn't the tOSU didn't make the call, the refs did. I'm very impressed with Freddie Hoiberg and the job he is doing in Ames. His kids and their fans should be proud of the effort they gave today.

And as far as Chuckie Poo goes, I don't see how Minnesota losing to the #3 seed today will prove much of anything other than a #3 seed was better than a #11 seed. That doesn't scream over rated to me...

Top Bottom