Banham/Wagner Comparison

bball_craz_31

Reaction score
I was having a discussion with other gopher fans over the weekend in Indiana and one of them asked me if in my opinion, I thought that Wagner's career would be considered more of a successful one that Banham. They said Carlie will have after this year went to the NCAA twice in her four years and technically Banham didn't play or go in any of her 5 (injured the year they went during Wagner's freshman year.) I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about this. I know both have had memorable careers but does anyone think one of their career's stands out over the other one? equally successful? doesn't matter?

Rachel's; Carlie's career ain't over yet. And it depends on the tricky definition of "success".

Well, neither compares to Whalen, IMO. Whalen had the ability to will her teams to victory. I'll always consider Banham to be a better player than Wagner, albeit only slightly. Better outside shooter, better finisher. Both Rachel and Carlie can also rebound. Neither was a stellar defender. Rachel's Gopher career is forever going to be marred by her inability to lead her team to the NCAA tourney. That's not the case with Carlie. But both were great college players and I'd be happy to have either of them on my team. The guard duo of Wagner and Bell is the best duo I've seen since watching Gopher women's hoops.

Well, neither compares to Whalen, IMO. Whalen had the ability to will her teams to victory. I'll always consider Banham to be a better player than Wagner, albeit only slightly. Better outside shooter, better finisher. Both Rachel and Carlie can also rebound. Neither was a stellar defender. Rachel's Gopher career is forever going to be marred by her inability to lead her team to the NCAA tourney. That's not the case with Carlie. But both were great college players and I'd be happy to have either of them on my team. The guard duo of Wagner and Bell is the best duo I've seen since watching Gopher women's hoops.

Agreed. I would add that Whalen knew how to get the best out of her teammates and played to their strengths. Banham has the best overall offensive skills. I loved watching all 3.

All 3 (Whalen, Banham, Carlie) were fun to watch and agree that each had their special traits. Glad all three were on board with the U.

Both are obviously great players!! How can you compare? You can’t!!

Top Bottom