Banham is a first-team All American

thatjanelpick

Reaction score
Also on the AP All-American team: Breanna Stewart, Moriah Jefferson, Kelsey Mitchell, A'ja Wilson. (Cue the outrage from the PAC-12, which is starting to look like the strongest conference this season but is unrepresented on the first team)

Not many programs have different First Team All-Americans in back to back years.

Yet we have no tourney wins to show for it. :mad:

Go Gophers!!

http://www.startribune.com/minnesota-s-rachel-banham-named-first-team-all-america/373746281/

The StarTrib story:

"It means a lot,” Banham said. “It’s something that I always wanted and had been working towards,” the guard said. “I told my coach at the beginning of year I want to be an All-America, and coming off an injury, it means a lot more to me".

UConn’s Tuck was on the second team, along with Nina Davis of Baylor, Brianna Turner of Notre Dame, Tiffany Mitchell of South Carolina and Jamie Weisner of Oregon State.

The third team features Shatori Walker-Kimbrough of Maryland, Kelsey Plum of Washington, Brittney Martin of Oklahoma State, Jillian Alleyne of Oregon and Aerial Powers of Michigan State.

Phenomenal athlete that was a pleasure to watch. I asked her to sign a ball @ a booster event and joked that it was embarrassing how excited I was she was returning for her 5th year. She was very gracious, laughed and thanked me for supporting women's basketball. Class act who should have a great WNBA career and I wish her the best.

Congratulations - what a terrific honor. And she seems very down to earth - love the bantering with Kobe. looking forward to seeing where she ends up next year!

Top Bottom