Bands/Artists From Minnesota!

Just as it was in this live clip, today is Bob Mould's birthday. Here's a couple songs from when he was a local back in his Husker Du days.

In a Free Land
Celebrated Summer

I questioned how good YouTube's algorithms are as this performance clip wasn't pushed into my queue until today. J Mascis in the role of Grant and Lou taking Greg's part.

Dinosaur Jr backing Bob Mould up with one of his earliest standout Hüsker Dü cuts.

In a Free Land

I questioned how good YouTube's algorithms are as this performance clip wasn't pushed into my queue until today. J Mascis in the role of Grant and Lou taking Greg's part.

Dinosaur Jr backing Bob Mould up with one of his earliest standout Hüsker Dü cuts.

In a Free Land
The same cast of characters reprised this In a Free Land throwback in Amherst, MA last night so bump.

They also celebrated Bob Mould's Birthday which is today. Hat's off to #134 . In honor of that, another Hüsker Dü classic from Zen Arcade:

Chartered Trips

The same cast of characters reprised this In a Free Land throwback in Amherst, MA last night so bump.

They also celebrated Bob Mould's Birthday which is today. Hat's off to #134 . In honor of that, another Hüsker Dü classic from Zen Arcade:

Chartered Trips

Going to see Bob at the Cedar on the 28th.

Going to see Bob at the Cedar on the 28th.
The Cedar Show is going to be a game time decision for me, but I am for sure going to the Turf. If I make it to the Saturday show it would be the 12th Twin Cities venue I have seen Mould.

Met Center*
1st Ave
7th St Entry
Women’s Club Theater
The Quest
State Capital/Taste of Minnesota
Lyn/Lake
The Dakota
The Turf Club
Nicollet Mall - Super Bowl
The Palace

*Walk on with REM.

Last edited:

The Cedar Show is going to be a game time decision for me, but I am for sure going to the Turf. If I make it to the Saturday show it would be the 11th Twin Cities venue I have seen Mould.

Met Center*
1st Ave
7th St Entry
Women’s Club Theater
The Quest
State Capital/Taste of Minnesota
Lyn/Lake
The Turf Club
Nicollet Mall - Super Bowl
The Palace

*Walk on with REM.
Nice. I will have just enough time to get back from the after game tailgate to shower, eat and pick-up the wife. Hopefully with a win to celebrate.

Nice. I will have just enough time to get back from the after game tailgate to shower, eat and pick-up the wife. Hopefully with a win to celebrate.
That's my time issue, the Gopher game. Hopefully it works out, but regardless can't wait for St Paul. I think it's really cool when artists play Mpls AND St Paul on the same trip.

Note, had to Edit the list, thought of 1 more.

I just caught the Soul Asylum/Loki's Folly episode of "Stage" on PBS-Ch 2 filmed at the 7th St Entry. Good stuff. I highly recommend seeking any re-airs or the YouTube links attached.

Pirner is a very good interview subject.

Last edited:

Unfortunately for me, I had already made plans that conflicted with the Tommy Stinson/Soul Asylum show at First Ave this past Friday. Looking at the setlist, my biggest lament is missing out on Marionette from Hang Time, which is not played live very often.

Here's a much different version, which is pretty cool with Dave Pirner on keys.

This Tommy Stinson interview is a couple years old. It was ahead of the "Sorry Ma, Forgot to Take Out the Trash" re-issue. Pretty good watch/listen, including how the album got the title.

I must have seen Nova Mob / Grant Hart play this gem a half dozen times at the 7th St Entry. Another time I was wondering around Coffman Union and they just happened to be playing at The Whole. I had no idea they were on the bill.

Here's a live in NYC performance from CBGB.

Over My Head

Embryonic Hüsker Dü. Mould with the Flying V.

Diane

The Replacements at the Midway Reunion show.

If Only You Were Lonely

Apologies to Grant Hart, missed his birthday by about 20 minutes. Happy Belated.

Top Bottom