Bama fan charged with killing fellow fan for not caring enough

GopherInPittsburgh

Reaction score
Nekesa Shepherd said Briskey flew into a rage when she saw the sisters and others joking that the Crimson Tide's loss wasn't as bad as if the NBA's Miami Heat had lost a game.

"She said we weren't real Alabama fans because it didn't bother us that they lost. And then she started shooting," Shepherd told The Associated Press.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-alabama-crimson-tide-loss-victim-sister-says

Gee, I don't want to sound judgmental or anything but this almost seems like kind of a little bit of an overreaction to a loss maybe.

So to all you posters that claimed others weren't really Gopher fans; are you carrying a gun?:cool02:

Seriously, these people are ridiculous and out of control. I get the passion and all, but if your life sucks so bad that the only thing that really matters is a football game then you really have problems.

Two more:

Alabama Fan Selling All Crimson Tide Things on Craigslist After Iron Bowl Loss
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1873638-alabama-fan-selling-all-crimson-tide-things-on-craigslist-after-iron-bowl-loss?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Alabama fans take to Twitter, unleash death threats toward kicker after loss to Auburn
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/irate-fans-hurl-death-threats-bama-kicker-article-1.1534107

I would have bet anything after reading the thread title that this was an Onion article. Yikes. I was wrong!

So to all you posters that claimed others weren't really Gopher fans; are you carrying a gun?:cool02:

Just in case, I'm standing the entire game next year. (Not leaving early either)

How are Bama fans able to take to Twitter. Wouldnt that require internet.

Let this be a lesson to all of us. Care more.

I could be wrong, but something (call it intuition) tells me that there's a chance - just maybe - that alcohol may have been involved.

I hit the link - ESPN is breaking this down?....you gotta be kidding me.......do we need a Bob Ley show on outside the lines on this???...ESPN is wearing me down

Sounds like she just wasn't going to accept mediocrity. :)

Not nearly as serious as the others but add this to the pile of ridiculousness (unless the server was being a jerk about it, then it is justified).

Grumpy Alabama Fan Leaves Auburn Server a 'Roll Tide' Tip
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1874211-grumpy-alabama-fan-leaves-auburn-server-a-roll-tide-tip?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Some of these Alabama fans remind me of the little toddler who is throwing a temper tantrum at the grocery story because mom won't buy them a candy bar.

This is just plain scary. When things like this happen, it makes me very happy I have no plans to move to the south.

Sounds like a younger, female, slightly more psychotic version of our own internet message board policeman Dr. Don.

I don't have the details (and just heard this quickly), but on Mike and Mike this morning they mentioned an Alabama fan has started a petition that in effect wants the referees to admit they were wrong and that Auburn was out of bounds on the return - so they can go play overtime to see who really won. Despite the fact that no evidence of being out of bounds exists. Pretty fun stuff.

I don't have the details (and just heard this quickly), but on Mike and Mike this morning they mentioned an Alabama fan has started a petition that in effect wants the referees to admit they were wrong and that Auburn was out of bounds on the return - so they can go play overtime to see who really won. Despite the fact that no evidence of being out of bounds exists. Pretty fun stuff.

Alabama football fans take their pigskin pretty serious, so one can imagine just how upset they were following the Crimson Tide’s last-second loss to Auburn in the Iron Bowl on Saturday night.

While most fans are still mourning the loss, some are turning that sadness into anger, and that anger into action. A petition was created on Change.org by “TC of Hoover, Ala.,” urging the SEC and NCAA to force the teams to play an overtime because they believe that Auburn’s Chris Davis stepped out of bounds en route to the end zone after returning Bama’s missed field goal.

Check out the note “TC” included in the petition below, which contained the incorrect spelling of “hassel” … twice.

“Chris Davis from Auburn was clearly out of bounds in running the missed field goal back for a touchdown in the 2013 Iron Bowl. There was way to much riding on this game for that to have been missed- a SEC Championship and National Championship. I think they should put together an overtime play for Auburn and Alabama. Yes, I know how impossible that sounds and how much trouble it will be BUT sometimes you have to make wrongs RIGHT and with so much riding on that game the SEC and NCAA needs to make it right for the players, university, fans, coaches, SEC and SPORTS in general. And if they don’t like the [hassle] then go out and make sure your employees, the refs, are not making such HUGE mistakes. And the refs needs to be punished for not even reviewing the play because it wasn’t even close- he was CLEARLY out of bounds. Its not fair to say that this is over and overtime can’t be played now just because of how much trouble this would be to put together. It was wrong….and you need to make it right regardless of the [hassle].

“SEC and NCAA- do the right thing and make this right for everyone involved!!”

As of Tuesday, the petition closed after reaching 500 signatures and 703 “supporters.”

http://nesn.com/2013/12/alabama-fans-start-online-petition-to-play-iron-bowl-overtime-because-chris-davis-was-clearly-out-of-bounds/

Top Bottom