Bama Basketball Player Charged with Capital Murder

Was on the bench the other night supporting his team, what a motivating upperclassman presence

All of this is a societal issue that we have no interest in fixing. How numb we’ve all become to frequent death and in the social media era, exposure to it, speaks to how rotten things are. Education, prevention and help for the mental ill of all ages and backgrounds should be our focus but here we are.

i’ve grieved through a couple unexpected passings in the last 2 years and now whenever I see stories like these (embarrassing to admit it took me this long) I stop and think about how those closet to the victim will be scarred for life. Heartbroken for this young lady and her loved ones, I hope they can find peace in time.

All of this is a societal issue that we have no interest in fixing. How numb we’ve all become to frequent death and in the social media era, exposure to it, speaks to how rotten things are. Education, prevention and help for the mental ill of all ages and backgrounds should be our focus but here we are.

i’ve grieved through a couple unexpected passings in the last 2 years and now whenever I see stories like these (embarrassing to admit it took me this long) I stop and think about how those closet to the victim will be scarred for life. Heartbroken for this young lady and her loved ones, I hope they can find peace in time.
I'd consider this...as soon as our rulers cut government spending by 90%. Like end welfare for people who are capable of working. Bribing for votes. They don't even need the votes now that we have unlimited mail ballots.

But I doubt that more spending would have prevented this incident. Plus who wants a mental health clinic going up in their city...when it's subject to lawsuits every time a former patient commits a crime?

I'd consider this...as soon as our rulers cut government spending by 90%. Like end welfare for people who are capable of working. Bribing for votes. They don't even need the votes now that we have unlimited mail ballots.

But I doubt that more spending would have prevented this incident. Plus who wants a mental health clinic going up in their city...when it's subject to lawsuits every time a former patient commits a crime?
I'm not going to respond to the voting thing, belongs on the off- topic board. Maybe this too. That said, I'm very familiar with UA and there are clinics in Tuscaloosa, but specifically, all athletes have all those resources available to them. Saban and Oates just have to make 1 call to get their players counseling.

On my opinion, this is just another case of an asswipe that thinks he can solve an argument and prove how tough he is by shooting someone and Oates, obviously, didn't see (or turned his back on) the warning signs. Ruined multiple family lives. So senseless.

The toothpaste is out of the tube.
SCOTUS has essentially ruled that just about every restriction on gun ownership is not allowed.
As long as this slaughter is Black on Black no one seems to care. And that includes most of the Black community.
Anyone who thinks that cutting government spending by 90% is going to solve this problem needs to take a deep breath or else join the Republican caucus in the House.

The toothpaste is out of the tube.
SCOTUS has essentially ruled that just about every restriction on gun ownership is not allowed.
As long as this slaughter is Black on Black no one seems to care. And that includes most of the Black community.
Anyone who thinks that cutting government spending by 90% is going to solve this problem needs to take a deep breath or else join the Republican caucus in the House.
The Constitution did this. They just need to pass an amendment.

Top Bottom