Badgers win the big ten

Wow, "welcomed minority" at UCLA in the 1950s, BB? Please expand on that. Now we are getting somewhere? What exactly did "welcomed minority'at UCLA in 1954 mean?

Sorry to probe so much, but since you tend to interject your "life experiences' so much into our Minnesota Gopher world, I'd sure like to know what that means.

I have a feeling being a "welcomed minority: meant a whole different thing in Charlottesville VA in the 1950s. Maybe the poor folks denied admittance to UVA for all those years feel differently than I do, but I have a feeling most of the current basketball team would not have been 'welcomed minority' back then in the 50s when you went to college.

Good to know you have forgiven all those folks at UVA that you are now tight with down there in the "new south". I will assume they moved on to progressiveville, and your "welcomed minority' status is no longer a problem in the "advisor" seating areas where the 250M is raised, and the JPJ is funded.

I went to the Music City Bowl in Nashville when Minnesota played UVA in 2005. I was astounded by how much the fan base for VA resembled an urban, northeastern, upper middle class group, much like an Ivy League school. UVA and Newport News and do not seem to have much in common?
I am guessing that built was born in the 50s and went to college in the late 70s.

I said it on another thread, but if this Wisconsin team is the best in the conference, the conference is significantly overrated.
Best is a slippery term. They will have won more conference games than any other team in the league, and that's the name of the game. That sounds pretty attractive to me.

To back up a step, and in a rare moment of introspection; I was a marginal DIII, low level D2 recruit for BB and to a larger extent football, and would like been real thrilled to have an advocate like Built Badger.

I do not diminish his work. I did it on my own, and to have a strong advisor at the time would have helped. At that low level, not as many care, and I was stubborn.

I am guessing that built was born in the 50s and went to college in the late 70s.

Built Badger may have mentioned that he was in his 80s in terms of age, but I am sure some data screeners can verify that.

Did we finish the season 12th out of 14 teams? That’s garbage

As good a coaching job by Greg Gard as I've seen in the BIG in years. Team could've folded up the tent after the Kobe King fiasco. That's the sign of a great coach... one that can rally the troops when their backs are against the wall. Talent wise thats a middle of the pack squad. Hats of to them. Everything that happens the rest of the way is icing on the cake.
Honestly...I don't even believe they have a more talented starting 5 than we do. I hate the Badgers and never thought Gard was a great coach but I have to give credit where credit is due. He did a fantastic job this season especially after the King ordeal. Our team would have had an excuse that we would have been good if King wouldn't have transferred.

No BB, I am not so great at making assumptions about ethiscs or putting down others, I just have a good nose for arrogance, self serving justifications and misleading statements.
Your nose doesn't seem to smell the arrogance, self serving, and misleading statements coming from just below your nose.

I'm honestly curious why Badgers fans post better, do you guys get off of our misery?

Top Bottom