Badgers win the big ten

Nice work. You got me to click on a thread with a Badger title to disguise yet another Pitino bashing thread. Well done.
Lets go positive. Would you be thrilled if he got one in 14 years ? What is good enough for you in 7 years ? Where do you rank him in the Big 10 ? Lets say for squinting to see nuggets i said with a Gopher bias that he was 7th, is that good enough. Just a question.How many conference programs would trade their coach for our ?

Lets go positive. Would you be thrilled if he got one in 14 years ? What is good enough for you in 7 years ? Where do you rank him in the Big 10 ? Lets say for squinting to see nuggets i said with a Gopher bias that he was 7th, is that good enough. Just a question.How many conference programs would trade their coach for our ?

All fair questions, built. To be clear, I didn't post what I did as an attempt to defend Pitino. I just feel like all the negativity on this board through the course of the season has really taken some out of the fun out of posting on here. I think it is pretty clear to all posters what GopherGangsta, USAF, Goldteam, and a few others feel about Pitino. We have heard about it thread after thread.

To the questions you posed to me.....I don't want to see a repeat of the last seven years. I do not think that is good enough. The peaks haven't been high enough and the valleys have been too low. I think he ran into a really bad turn of events in year five that really hurt the trajectory of this program. The rest of the years have been on par with what other teams face, in my opinion. From a ranking perspective, he would likely be no higher than 10th for me. But I would need to put a little more thought into it.

As good a coaching job by Greg Gard as I've seen in the BIG in years. Team could've folded up the tent after the Kobe King fiasco. That's the sign of a great coach... one that can rally the troops when their backs are against the wall. Talent wise thats a middle of the pack squad. Hats of to them. Everything that happens the rest of the way is icing on the cake.

All fair questions, built. To be clear, I didn't post what I did as an attempt to defend Pitino. I just feel like all the negativity on this board through the course of the season has really taken some out of the fun out of posting on here. I think it is pretty clear to all posters what GopherGangsta, USAF, Goldteam, and a few others feel about Pitino. We have heard about it thread after thread.

To the questions you posed to me.....I don't want to see a repeat of the last seven years. I do not think that is good enough. The peaks haven't been high enough and the valleys have been too low. I think he ran into a really bad turn of events in year five that really hurt the trajectory of this program. The rest of the years have been on par with what other teams face, in my opinion. From a ranking perspective, he would likely be no higher than 10th for me. But I would need to put a little more thought into it.
Thanks, great post. To be clear, if you had wanted to defend him that is fine by me. Everyone decides what they want to post.For me, i will ride it out to the end, whenever that is.

Whatever one's feelings about Pitino, Wisconsin or Gard, you gotta tip the hat to what they have done down the stretch. Everyone played clutch. Davison who wasn't great earlier in the year stepped up after he got caught with dirty play and he was great in the last half of the year. Potter has been terrific for them and the key in a lot of ways. They have 7 good players (had 8), no superstars and they just got it done. Indiana fans were very grumpy at the end of the game....

Just praise the Badgers and be done with it.

Just praise the Badgers and be done with it.
Be done with it? Wouldn't that be something. Nope, he posts virtually the same damn thing every post. Somehow alludes to or straight out talks about his love for UW, UVA, hate for Pitino, defense, his contributions to several universities, etc. Can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Be done with it? Wouldn't that be something. Nope, he posts virtually the same damn thing every post. Somehow alludes to or straight out talks about his love for UW, UVA, hate for Pitino, defense, his contributions to several universities, etc. Can't teach an old dog new tricks.

You forgot that he has season tickets and gives money. That is an oldie but a goodie!

Never said i hated Pitino, blatant lie on your point. Yes i have great admiration for those programs you mentioned. Yes, i have a allegiance to several schools either in a professional relationship or a academic relationship. At my age you give what you can.If you despise the posts block them, there are people who i block or ignore.

Why read the posts you mock ?

I read a lot of posts. I think human nature has it where if you are literate, you read things that are in front of you. Like try to not read an exit sign or road sign. It’s automatic my friend.

The Badgers have a horseshoe stuck somewhere. Indiana went like five minutes without a basket towards the end of the game.

I read a lot of posts. I think human nature has it where if you are literate, you read things that are in front of you. Like try to not read an exit sign or road sign. It’s automatic my friend.
Those keep you safe. Posts on a message board can be a waste of time. I manage to look at several posters and skip past what they have to say.

Those keep you safe. Posts on a message board can be a waste of time. I manage to look at several posters and skip past what they have to say.

I like to read all these posts from even the shittiest (not you, you’re far from the bottom) posters because it shows perspective of different fans.

Never said i hated Pitino, blatant lie on your point. Yes i have great admiration for those programs you mentioned. Yes, i have a allegiance to several schools either in a professional relationship or a academic relationship. At my age you give what you can.If you despise the posts block them, there are people who i block or ignore.
Do you want Pitino back? Have you taken many shots at his record and general coaching? Don't take things so literal. I don't block people. I just know what your post will include when I see a post from you. I am not saying I disagree with your general thoughts, but for the love of god, we got it.

I like to read all these posts from even the shittiest (not you, you’re far from the bottom) posters because it shows perspective of different fans.
Board is free for people to do what they want.

Do you want Pitino back? Have you taken many shots at his record and general coaching? Don't take things so literal. I don't block people. I just know what your post will include when I see a post from you. I am not saying I disagree with your general thoughts, but for the love of god, we got it.
Yes, i want him to win the confeence tourney, get to the sweet 16 and win another year. Cheer for him to win and despise how poorly we go about the attempt to do so.

Winning the big 10 is worthless. They won't win the big 10 title next week. They might win one game in the NCAA tourney.

Congrats on the big 10 title I guess.

Yes, i want him to win the confeence tourney, get to the sweet 16 and win another year. Cheer for him to win and despise how poorly we go about the attempt to do so.
Badger predicted 13 conference wins. Badger knew full well that was a fantasy.

The above statement is just patently dishonest and you know it. For some reason you carry an obvious grudge, possibly not against Pitino, but against those who have not listened to you at the U. It is easy to see. I sense you have been likely using any influence you have against the program, whenever you could because of it. I could be wrong on that, but I get that sense

You are transparently happy that he has hit the skids, probably because you advised differently when he was hired. Look, it is obvious you know a lot about college buckets, you have been on the inside of things in a lot of ways that perhaps none of the rest of us has and I give you full credit and respect for your knowledge. But the way you go about it on here is just not right. You can continue to do it if you want, and I expect you will.

Congrats to Wisconsin and Gard. Great job by them under less than ideal circumstances. I can't stand Wisconsin and I want to be better than them but I can recognize the work this year. You could not wait to use that opportunity to hammer Pitino and that is sad. If you were a Gopher fan first and foremost you would be ticked off that the Badgers won a game and you would not be racing the the GH to use it against our program and CURRENT coach.

Don't get me wrong I think you have a lot of things right about how to play basketball and your philosophy on life, doing things the right way, I like a lot. I have a lot of respect for what you have accomplished.

The above statement is just patently dishonest and you know it. For some reason you carry an obvious grudge, possibly not against Pitino, but against those who have not listened to you at the U. It is easy to see. I sense you have been likely using any influence you have against the program, whenever you could because of it. I could be wrong on that, but I get that sense

You are transparently happy that he has hit the skids, probably because you advised differently when he was hired. Look, it is obvious you know a lot about college buckets, you have been on the inside of things in a lot of ways that perhaps none of the rest of us has and I give you full credit and respect for your knowledge. But the way you go about it on here is just not right. You can continue to do it if you want, and I expect you will.

Congrats to Wisconsin and Gard. Great job by them under less than ideal circumstances. I can't stand Wisconsin and I want to be better than them but I can recognize the work this year. You could not wait to use that opportunity to hammer Pitino and that is sad. If you were a Gopher fan first and foremost you would be ticked off that the Badgers won a game and you would not be racing the the GH to use it against our program and CURRENT coach.

Don't get me wrong I think you have a lot of things right about how to play basketball and your philosophy on life, doing things the right way, I like a lot. I have a lot of respect for what you have accomplished.
Beeg, bravo. You hit all the nails on each and every nailhead. Any Zgopher fan that doesn’t call out Badger is gutless.

Sorry your wrong about what i said. I actually will be in Chicago cheering on the Gophers with friends from UW. THE NEVER CONSULTED MY OPINION on the hire, nor should they. Just very disappointed in how they went about it. Once here i cheered for him even when they play UW. Just think he has done a very poor job period. My opinion. My admiration for what UW does is because at one time they were horrible but decided to follow a plan Pat Richter devised and that plan was followed on the recommendation of several deep rooted basketball folks and Al McGuire, Bob Knight, Keady who were asked who the best teacher they knew was, a builder, a guy that knew how to take down teams with far superior talent. We had a clown fiesta here. I stress that i do not blame Pitino for taking the job and why he has it i will still cheer for him. I do not 2nd guess and pretend to know of any secondary motivation you may have, i respect your posts and have enjoyed a healthy exchange in addition to pondering a different way of looking at something. I do deal in facts and data and do not care about excuses or could have, should have might have been . I follow other programs very closely and they never make any excuses, they overcome the challenges the best they can.

They have just two players i would want to see on Minnesota, Trice and Potter. Trice only because we have no back up PG. Potter is very explosive and tough.

There is no doubt GG can coach but I dislike the constipated, rigid play you see from Wisconsin and Virginia. I could never be a fan of wisconsin, and would not desire that kind of program, winning or not.

Barf

Top Bottom