Badgers Not Overlooking The Chance for 10 in a Row

Iceland12

Reaction score
Madison — Ten years have passed but Wisconsin's Brendan Kelly hasn't forgotten the first college football game he attended.

The date: Nov. 8, 2003.

The site: The Metrodome in Minneapolis.

The combatants: Minnesota and UW.

"I remember looking up and everybody...half were in red and half were in maroon and gold," the sixth-year linebacker said after UW's victory over Indiana on Saturday, and now I'm playing in that game."..

No player on the UW roster has experienced a season without seeing the Axe in the locker room.

Minutes after the 51-3 victory over Indiana, the topic of discussion in the UW locker room turned to Minnesota.

"It is an easy game to focus on," senior linebacker Chris Borland said. "It's the rivalry. We've got the Axe in our locker room. We see it every day. On top of that, they're a much-improved team.

"It will be easy to get ready…

Minnesota, coming off a bye week, has won its last four Big Ten games. The last time the Gophers won four consecutive Big Ten games in a season was 1973. The Gophers moved up two spots to No. 23 in The USA Today poll Sunday.

The last time the Gophers won eight games in a season? The 2003 season, when they beat UW and went on to finish 10-3 under Glen Mason.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/badg...in-against-gophers-b99144333z1-232291411.html

Anyone holding onto hope that they are going to overlook us is kidding themselves. We can certainly win the game and I love that it is at home but it is going to take a great effort across the board to make it happen because there are very few glaring weaknesses on this current Wisconsin team.

Top Bottom