Badgers lose coordinator to MSU

swingman

Reaction score
Tucker using big checkbook for his Sparty staff. Hires Ted Gilmore away from Alvarez. Tucker played for Alvarez. Gilmore a top recruiter as well as coordinator. USA Today had him making $425,000 in Madison.

I cannot believe MSU is paying a position coach a 7 figure salary. Incredible.

It is very difficult to fathom. MSU is on the hook for many, many hundreds of millions for the Nassar debacle and a faculty member and ex president among others are likely to be indicted for the cover up.The dean of the osteopathic school resigned under pressure and may be indicted.
Dantonio is being sued along with the university for a wrongful termination of a FB coach who warned the HC that a recruit was a risk to every female on campus. Which it turned out he was.
Their search to replace Dantonio did not go well.
MSU must have boosters with very big pockets who hope to get MSU FB back to national prominence to erase the stain of the crimes.
Their academic reputation is as bad as NE.

I cannot believe MSU is paying a position coach a 7 figure salary. Incredible.

Where are you seeing that? I don't see any information on Gilmore's salary, Tucker has a 6 million dollar pool to pull from for his assistants so MSU is certainly going all in with Tucker.

Damn. I hope they don’t go after any of our coaches. That’s insane.

If I'm reading this correctly, Gilmore was wide receiver coach and passing game coordinator at Wisconsin, and he's going to be tight ends coach at MSU.

Okay, so I have two observations:

— Being a wide receiver coach/ passing game coordinator (as he was at Wisconsin) sounds like a bigger, more important job than being tight ends coach, which will apparently be his new job title at MSU.

— Did anyone here find the Wisconsin passing game to be especially impressive or innovative?

Maybe I'm missing something, but... ?????

It is very difficult to fathom. MSU is on the hook for many, many hundreds of millions for the Nassar debacle and a faculty member and ex president among others are likely to be indicted for the cover up.The dean of the osteopathic school resigned under pressure and may be indicted.
Dantonio is being sued along with the university for a wrongful termination of a FB coach who warned the HC that a recruit was a risk to every female on campus. Which it turned out he was.
Their search to replace Dantonio did not go well.
MSU must have boosters with very big pockets who hope to get MSU FB back to national prominence to erase the stain of the crimes.
Their academic reputation is as bad as NE.
The university isn’t on the hook for very much as their insurance will likely pay out most payouts

If I'm reading this correctly, Gilmore was wide receiver coach and passing game coordinator at Wisconsin, and he's going to be tight ends coach at MSU.

Okay, so I have two observations:

— Being a wide receiver coach/ passing game coordinator (as he was at Wisconsin) sounds like a bigger, more important job than being tight ends coach, which will apparently be his new job title at MSU.

— Did anyone here find the Wisconsin passing game to be especially impressive or innovative?

Maybe I'm missing something, but... ?????

He’s apparently an elite recruiter

How insane - A TE coach making $1 mil plus in a assistant coaches salary pool of $6 mil?

How much are the rest of the other coaches and staff going to get paid?

5 million

I'd be p#@%&d off as a DC or OC making less than the TE coach.
:unsure: ?

Is Tucker in for the cash haul knowing that he is riding a runaway Trojan horse going out in style with guys willing to cash in with him?

In MN paid a recruiter millions of dollars and put him as a head coach. Pay recruiters big bucks just don't pay them to coach. Smart move MSU compared to what what we did years ago.

Top Bottom