Badgers land best class in internet rankings era

As an advocate of real math, and the sacred use of significant figures in making a judgement about anything I looked at the 247 list. Since stars are listed as 1 number eg 3* or 4* the average can be only listed as ONE number.
Using that, 9 as an average given by 247 goes from teams 1-17 and 8 from 18-50. If you want to cheat a little and round up two numbers you can break down the list a little bit more but it is cheating.

I always assumed that to balance the rivalry with Wisconsin, either Wisconsin would have to decline or the Gophers would have to get better. After a few years of believing others when they seemed to annually suggest Wisconsin was dropping off, I learned years ago to always assume there wouldn't be a drop off so it would depend completely on the Gophers rising to match them. What I didn't account for was the Gophers doing just that, but then needing to do it again because Wisconsin not only wouldn't drop off, but actually get better than the "norm" they had set after the 90's. Hopefully Fleck will be able to reach one high water mark, and quickly set a new one to reach the new Wisconsin level.

Meanwhile, at least the basketball team crushed Wisconsin last night.

Top Bottom