Badgers kick Jalen Berger off team

I imagine after they brought in the Clemson portal guy, the running backs became a bit of an internal issue.

Things seem to be unraveling a bit in Madison.

That's too bad.

I imagine after they brought in the Clemson portal guy, the running backs became a bit of an internal issue.

That's too bad.
Which would be odd since the article I saw before his release was that he was roommates with said transfer.

Badgers gave most carries to the transfer Melluzi and the four star frosh from Fond Du Lac, Allen, who reclassified from 2022 to enroll in 2021...just 17 years old

Badgers gave most carries to the transfer Melluzi and the four star frosh from Fond Du Lac, Allen, who reclassified from 2022 to enroll in 2021...just 17 years old
Had to confirm that, wow, he will not be 18 until January 2022.

That's too bad.
Looks as though true freshman, beast-mode RB Braelon Allen (6'2", 240), has also passed up Berger. Of course, it is always better to transfer than be dismissed. Who knows what happened?

Word on the street is he's not big on practice/training and showing up to meetings. Talented back but seemed to be content with relying on his raw talent alone.

Word on the street is he's not big on practice/training and showing up to meetings. Talented back but seemed to be content with relying on his raw talent alone.
Won't get in him very far in the end.

One bad apple can spoil the barrel so get rid of it as soon as you can.
He was talented but....

Jalen Berger is from New Jersey. Barry Alvarez has always been able to land top recruits with his connections (payments?) out there.

New athletic department regime in Madison may be running a different system than Barry has.

It's the Tom Osborne philosophy: I don't care if he's a criminal, if he can play ball, we'll take em!

It's the Tom Osborne philosophy: I don't care if he's a criminal, if he can play ball, we'll take em!
Wait...is he a criminal? I guess I missed that part, just heard he was dismissed from the team.

Top Bottom