Badgers Broke The Mayo Bowl Trophy

Anyone notice that the trophy was just gluing the crystal football trophy from the BCS days to the stand from the Super Bowl trophy?

is that a bad thing? I always thought the crystal BCS football was kind of cool.

Will they get a brand new troohy or is it kind of a you broke it you buy it?

is that a bad thing? I always thought the crystal BCS football was kind of cool.

They'll sweep the shards into a Kohl's plastic bag and hang it up in the case.

It still exists and is awarded:

The CFP though wanted their own trophy and thus the big ... stupid looking thing was created and is the one awarded at the CFP game.

Anyone else remember all the badgers fans making fun of the Gophers for celebrating the win over Georgia Tech a few years ago?
Those are all people who don't like fun.

They're also the 'fans' who will abandon their team the moment they're not amazing anymore.

Assholes come and go like that, sadly after 2019 I saw some gopher fans like that too.... but they're probably gone now.

Mayo still doesn't qualify.

And I had to look up why they show chocolate cake in the Duke's commercial. I guess it makes a little sense....but still grosses me out. Just.....don't.
If you grew up in Minnesota and never had a miracle whip or mayo cake, then I'm guessing your mom (or primary caregiver) didn't grow up in Minnesota. It was a staple in every kitchen in my neighborhood lol!

If you grew up in Minnesota and never had a miracle whip or mayo cake, then I'm guessing your mom (or primary caregiver) didn't grow up in Minnesota. It was a staple in every kitchen in my neighborhood lol!

She did. And I'd argue that the small minority of people In Minnesota....or any other state uses mayo in cakes.

Pass the Mayo please! Oops! 🤣

Last edited:

So gross. I'm in my mid 40's and have lived my whole life in MN and never even heard of mayo cake.
What's next? Mustard frosting?

Was raised on Blue Plate but have settled for Kraft.

Has anyone else on GH ever had a pear salad? Inquiring mind on a New Year's Day...

1609559434291.png

So gross. I'm in my mid 40's and have lived my whole life in MN and never even heard of mayo cake.

The only reason it even came up was because of those Duke mayo commercials. They showed chocolate cake and I was disgusted. A) because I hate mayo.....and B) because it doesn't sound like it belongs around cake.

A quick search of the internet showed that *some* people use it in place of oil....because mayo is mostly oil and egg yoke.....two common ingredients in cakes.

Still think it's disgusting.

I'd just like to say that considering the topic the place this thread went seems about right.

Huh, I guess I'm actually the odd one then for having grown up on mayo cake (usually miracle whip, actually). Perhaps it was just my family and their weird circle of contacts, but I ate a lot of it! As Stocker discovered, people use it because it's basically just oil and eggs. But I understand why the idea of it would freak people out.

Has anyone had specifically Duke’s Mayo? Is it really that different than regular Mayo?

Huh, I guess I'm actually the odd one then for having grown up on mayo cake (usually miracle whip, actually). Perhaps it was just my family and their weird circle of contacts, but I ate a lot of it! As Stocker discovered, people use it because it's basically just oil and eggs. But I understand why the idea of it would freak people out.
What part of the state did you grow up in? I grew up in a metro suburb.

Multiple generations, and no Mayo Cake unless cake from the Mayo cafeteria counts.🤮

What was the Mayo Bowl committee thinking? A trophy made of crystal given to a bunch of galoots from Wiscy.

What part of the state did you grow up in? I grew up in a metro suburb.
Same. Shoreview and thereabouts. Again though, having seen nobody jump in to agree with me on this one, it seems me and my large extended family may have been oddballs who influenced the rest of our neighborhoods with this oddity of mayo cakes!

The only reason it even came up was because of those Duke mayo commercials. They showed chocolate cake and I was disgusted. A) because I hate mayo.....and B) because it doesn't sound like it belongs around cake.

A quick search of the internet showed that *some* people use it in place of oil....because mayo is mostly oil and egg yoke.....two common ingredients in cakes.

Still think it's disgusting.

I'd posit that if someone served you a piece of cake made with mayo that you'd never know that it was used to make it. Then again I can't recall knowingly eating mayo made cake.

Top Bottom