Badger starting Right Tackle Casey Dehnn gone.

Wow, all of this because I accidentally typed "a lone" instead of "alone." You must really be obsessed with me.

No you didn't accidentally type a lone.What do you mean by accidentally? Did you not intend to use alone? Did a lone jump into the sentence without your knowledge ? You made the mistake that a native speaker should not do it at all. Admit like a man and own it. Stop lying like a crook. Your nefarious attitude is nauseating.
Trying to deflect your own obsession with Gopher football?

No you didn't accidentally type a lone.What do you mean by accidentally? Did you not intend to use alone? Did a lone jump into the sentence without your knowledge ? You made the mistake that a native speaker should not do it at all. Admit like a man and own it. Stop lying like a crook. Your nefarious attitude is nauseating.
Trying to deflect your own obsession with Gopher football?

Yes, I meant alone. I thought that was obvious, but apparently I once again overestimated you intelligence; for that I apologize.

Monitors

What is taking you so long! Badger2010 should have been banned along time ago!

Yes, I meant alone. I thought that was obvious, but apparently I once again overestimated you intelligence; for that I apologize.

You know, I think there's really an opportunity to open a dialogue and foster a new relationship of mutual respect and admiration between the Gopher and Badger fanbases and uh....

oh, whoops, you're banned.

6f44f4.gif

losing Dehn and Kahout is a blow but the biggest obstacle for Bucky this year is replacing 7 coaches including a very talented OC and OL coach. BB has the "deer in the headlights look" making game time decisions with great coaches, this year should make for some entertaining bonehead moves. "Can't wait"

I've no reason whatsoever to figure out what you want to say in your mind. It is not my job. We're talking about your mistake. I said you made a mistake. And you tried to hide that mistake by lying like a crook. I also overestimated your honesty and integrity.
I prefer to decline the apology from a crook.

There is obviously a history here with Badger 2010 that I'm not aware of, and judging by the number of equally childish responses he elicited, I don't want to be aware of it. That being said his info, at least on the depth chart, was mostly correct.

No one was counting on Dehn to be a starter this year. Rob H is the starter at RT, he saw quite a bit of action there last year and probably ended up with at least 30% of the snaps on the season. He might have been in the competition at RG as no one really knows who is going to step up there yet. But even with that, the fact that he quit the team last year had most Badger fans assuming he would be a non-factor in the race. Clearly we were right, as he couldn't even make it back to camp.

There are question marks with the huge staff turnover, but Bret has had to replace at least one coach every year, so I think many UW fans are optimistic that BB can find the right guys to fill those holes. It has been his program for a while now and BB knows what kinds of characters are going to mesh with the Wisconsin way.

Losing Kohout hurts bad as what was thought to be a strength (D-Line depth) is now an injury away from being a serious issue. The QB depth could be an issue too depending on how guys bounce back from their respective injuries, but we should be ok with O'Brien, Stave, Brennan, and Phillips if his knee holds up. O'Brien struggled last year in the spread, but when he ran a pro-style (like UW) he was the ACC Freshman of the year, so he has enough talent for UW. If the Badgers can make the Rose Bowl with Mike Samuel and Scott Tolzien at QB, all O'Brien needs to do is not be awful. The O-line is the Wisconsin O-line, its going to be fine. We have 1st to 3rd round prospects at every position but one, there are still plenty of guys able to step in there if they have to. Losing Dehn hurts the depth a little but that's it really. If I was to pick out a potential contributor to lose, Dehn would be in my top 3 choices.

Overall the point is that Gopher fans were counting the days until UW's downfall back in 08 and 09 and we all know how well that turned out for them. Posters on several boards were pointing out the cracks in the armor and the signs of BB's incompetence with glee, all while Brewster was running the program into the ground. I would be a little hesitant to start chirping again with out anything other than a 3-9 season on the field to support this 'turnaround'. Especially when the school that is supposed to be falling is coming off back-to-back Rose Bowls and returns a Heisman trophy finalist to a team loaded with NFL talent.

This idiot is just the absolute perfect example of a current drunken badger fan.
Badger 2010, yeah that's about right. Nothing before 2010 matters, nothing before 1990 exists.

He's one of the many morons in their fanbase happy with the "class" bulimia shows, and basically assumes they are a powerhouse football program because rose bowls have been handed to them the last 2 years.

When the losing happens, and it will happen with OSU back, things will get hilarious in Madison. 2008 with more to meltdown.

Our program's past few years dip into losing is sad, but their programs dip into "greatness" has peaked with their(rented) greatest QB in their history spiking the rose bowl away.

We will always have 6 national titles, the are coming off of the best team they will ever have in their entire history which contains no national titles and never will.

I really don't want to start a pissing match here, much rather keep it focused on football, but I see/hear this comment all the time from my Gopher friends. I just don't get it. The Badgers have been consistent contenders for 20 years now and two different coaches. They are far from an upstart program at this point.

Obviously last year was not the high point of our program, becoming the first (and only) B1G team to ever win back-to-back Rose Bowls was. That team also had the NCAA's all time leading rusher and our 2nd Heisman winner on it. These back-to-back Rose Bowls were great games that came down to the wire, but they hardly count as highlights of the program.

So does football stop in 1960 then? You can't have it both ways. You can't say 'UW fans are dumb because they have only been good for 20 years and they act like they are a powerhouse' and then turn around in the same post and thump your chest about National titles awarded 60-90 years ago. If you are going to hold the past against the Badgers in terms of their status as a superpower in CFB, why do the last 50 years of terrible football not count against UMN's status? Having never won a B1G title in the last half a century more than trumps any status you gained when black players couldn't go to school in the south. Ask any random person you meet at a non-Gopher football game and see how many of them can tell you how many titles the Gophers have. Not many.

This in no way discredits those titles. You guys won them fair and square and UW has 0. No UW fan can dispute that. Common sense would also allow that just because a team hasn't been historically great that doesn't negate the quality of that program now. The Badgers are 17-5 against the Gophers since 1990 with 5 Rose Bowl appearances. I think most fans will take that over 6 titles won while their parents were in diapers. If you prefer to live in the past by all means go for it, just don't act like UW fans are dumb because they are proud of what their program has become.

Required reading for any badgerass that wonders why we simply don't bow down to their juggernaut program's superiority:
http://fringebowlteamblog.com/?q=blog/we-have-not-forgotten-why-we-hate

I'll add: Our history as a program from our national title in 1960 to now has been pretty damn medicore. Some ups, lots of downs, but mostly medicore, average seasons.

Your history from 1960 to 1990 was godawful,
from 1967 our last BIG title to 1990 you were 95-151-5
we were 122-146-5 during that same stretch.
Better dead than red.

I really don't want to start a pissing match here...blah, blah, blah..

This entire post is full of fail.

You really can't be that clueless, can you?

Listen, I really don't want to start a pissing match here, but you're not welcome here. If you can find one, go play with your own friends somewhere else.

This entire post is full of fail.

You really can't be that clueless, can you?

Listen, I really don't want to start a pissing match here, but you're not welcome here. If you can find one, go play with your own friends somewhere else.

What I meant by that was I didn't want it to become personal. By all means tell me why my argument doesn't hold up, thats what offseason message boards are for. It's easy to dismiss it as UW trolling, but man up and tell me where this fail is? What have I missed? We can disagree about a subject and still be civil.

I am a student at the U, born and raised in Madison two blocks from the Camp, so my loyalty didn't shift north with my schooling. You don't want to talk about your biggest rival on your board, thats fine, don't look in the thread with Wisconsin in the title. But please respect the freedom of others to talk about different subjects, especially in the offseason.

I never meant to imply that I thought UMN should bow down to UW. Just that UW isn't bowing down to the U anymore. Only within the Gopher community and some die hard football fans that have a rich knowledge of CFB history are the programs even close at this point.

Really it's simply a defensive response to the ridiculous way many Gopher fans are incapable of acknowledging anything positive the Badgers do. But then, I guess thats why its a rivalry. Being surrounded by Gopher fans it gets old hearing about how my team that just went to the Rose Bowl sucks because the U won six titles 50+ years ago. None of us (me and my friends) have ever even seen a clip of any of those title seasons but that trumps the highlights being shown every hour on ESPN? What? However, I also understand that Gopher fans don't have much choice right now when it comes to trash talk so I shouldn't be so sensitive.

Sorry for the long posts, I've been a reader for years but haven't really posted so I have a lot to get off my chest.

I am a student at the U, born and raised in Madison two blocks from the Camp, so my loyalty didn't shift north with my schooling.

This tells me all I need to know about you. You go to school at the University of Minnesota, and yet you're a dirthy filthy Becky fan? Have some self respect. If Becky is so great, go to school there. Part of attending a school is having pride for and allegiance to everything associated with it, including its sports teams. I hate Madison and everything about it, but I can at least respect that the students have pride for their school. I have no respect for your fanhood at all. You're the worst kind of fan.

What I meant by that was I didn't want it to become personal. By all means tell me why my argument doesn't hold up, thats what offseason message boards are for. It's easy to dismiss it as UW trolling, but man up and tell me where this fail is? What have I missed? We can disagree about a subject and still be civil.

I am a student at the U, born and raised in Madison two blocks from the Camp, so my loyalty didn't shift north with my schooling. You don't want to talk about your biggest rival on your board, thats fine, don't look in the thread with Wisconsin in the title. But please respect the freedom of others to talk about different subjects, especially in the offseason.

I never meant to imply that I thought UMN should bow down to UW. Just that UW isn't bowing down to the U anymore. Only within the Gopher community and some die hard football fans that have a rich knowledge of CFB history are the programs even close at this point.

Really it's simply a defensive response to the ridiculous way many Gopher fans are incapable of acknowledging anything positive the Badgers do. But then, I guess thats why its a rivalry. Being surrounded by Gopher fans it gets old hearing about how my team that just went to the Rose Bowl sucks because the U won six titles 50+ years ago. None of us (me and my friends) have ever even seen a clip of any of those title seasons but that trumps the highlights being shown every hour on ESPN? What? However, I also understand that Gopher fans don't have much choice right now when it comes to trash talk so I shouldn't be so sensitive.

Sorry for the long posts, I've been a reader for years but haven't really posted so I have a lot to get off my chest.

Does Wisconsin play in the SEC? Every hour on ESPN? Really? Seriously, really?

This tells me all I need to know about you. You go to school at the University of Minnesota, and yet you're a dirthy filthy Becky fan? Have some self respect. If Becky is so great, go to school there. Part of attending a school is having pride for and allegiance to everything associated with it, including its sports teams. I hate Madison and everything about it, but I can at least respect that the students have pride for their school. I have no respect for your fanhood at all. You're the worst kind of fan.

+100. That's just sad.

Good point!

I'll take a shot at this. If you have been "a reader for years," then you should know that many people on this board strongly feel that supporters of other teams should be posting on their own team's sites - not coming onto a board for an opposing team. Many people feel that, if a WI or IA fan comes on this board, they are deliberately trying to stir up trouble or start a fight.

Yes, it's true that WI has had a nice run of success, and the Gopher program has struggled. Nobody denies that - but we don't like having it shoved in our face repeatedly by WI or IA fans coming on here to 'brag' about how great their teams are.

For what it's worth, I lived and worked in WI from 1987 to 1992, during the Don Morton era at WI, when the badgers were not very competitive. I've been to games at Camp Randall - although back then, the game-day atmosphers was nowhere near what it's become.

It's a free country, and if you want to come on another team's boards and brag, or flaunt your success, then you have to be prepared for a negative response. Personally, I just don't get it. I would never dream of going on a IA or WI team board and posting. I come here to talk with other Gopher fans about Gopher sports. What are you doing here? I honestly don't know.

(Plus, most Gopher fans hate your freakin' Head Coach's guts. Take that into consideration.)

You are correct. Will never understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdsrip View Post
I am a student at the U, born and raised in Madison two blocks from the Camp, so my loyalty didn't shift north with my schooling.

I don't care where you came from. But if you came to the U, you're supposed to be cheering for your school, accomplishments of your peers and your school sport teams. In the civil society it is the standard norm. It is the time honored tradition. As a alumna, I'll always appreciate what the university had done for me. I'm not a what you have done for me lately person like you.

The existence of the team is inseparable from the existence of the University that educate you, teach you and open doors for you. It is not a professional team which is built with money. It is the team that represents the school and is embedded with spirit of the school. The amount of money you are paying for your education is nothing. If you have no interest to support the university, then you should not be here. First and foremost, it is the place for those who want to be here. The moment you decided to be here, your allegiance should be crystal clear. It is downright disgusting to witness what you said. What a sad sad day for the University. One of its student is spitting on its alma mater.

You are just a Trojan Horse, and lowest of the lowest. Your sheer stupidity is infinite. I'm truly ashamed to have you here. Do us a favor, if people ask you, don't say that you go school here.

As a alum, I condemn your behavior as a shameful act for the University of Minnesota.

Addendum
If I've to hire someone for my company and if the choice is between you and UW grad, I'll go with UW grad. I can live with a straight up rival. But I don't think I can stay within ten feet from a Trojan Horse.

I didn't know being closed minded was a requisite for graduation. Did I miss that somewhere? Since when did crossing a border to go to school in this fair Union suddenly become a "shameful act" if they like their home state team? Is that part of the secret oath? If it is, I missed that ceremony! Do we have a secret handshake too? Do we have to act like barbarians when a person posts.

Oh for the love of Jesus, grow up!

I didn't know being closed minded was a requisite for graduation. Did I miss that somewhere? Since when did crossing a border to go to school in this fair Union suddenly become a "shameful act" if they like their home state team? Is that part of the secret oath? If it is, I missed that ceremony! Do we have a secret handshake too? Do we have to act like barbarians when a person posts.

Let me repeat the existence of the team is inseparable from the existence of the University that educate you, teach you and open doors for you. It is not the part of the secret oath. It is crystal clear unwritten law for those who live in civil society. I haven't met a Harvard grad who has Connecticut I.D is cheering for Yale or an Oxford student cheering for Cambridge rowing team. Until then, I'll keep it as gold standard.

No one said anything about any "prerequisites". They are free to cheer for their home state teams, and we are free to call them embarrassments for doing so. In my opinion, not having pride in your alma mater's sports teams, along with all other facets of the school and its outreach, is shameful and embarrassing. Being a Wisconsin native U alum and cheering for Becky or being an Iowa native U alum and cheering for Rhabdo U is a whole new level of disgusting.

Jeez. I have grown up my whole life in the shadow of Camp Randall Stadium, gone to games there every year of my life, every birthday party I've ever had has been at a Badger game since I was 3, (and that was in the mid 80's when we were one of about 10,000 people in the stands), basically grown up at the same time as the program has grown, and because I wanted to go to a different city for college I am a terrible person? I answered a question about the upcoming Wisconsin depth chart in a thread about the Wisconsin depth chart. Sure you have seen a lot of UW and IA trolls but I would expect you to be smart enough to differentiate between chest thumpers and people who come to talk football. I made no grand statements about Badger superiority, simply gave my opinion on this years team and brought up a point about the hypocrisy on both sides for ignoring the whole timeline of the programs in favor of a smaller sample of only successful years.

I have bleed Badger red my whole life, I am one of those few Wisconsinites who is way more into the Badgers then the Packers. My first job was selling hot chocolate in the stands of the Camp when I was 10. I remember when we were the conference punching bag and teams scheduled us for the automatic win. I remember when my friends and I could walk right into the games and sit on the 50 yard line after the third quarter because there were so few people there that they opened up the gates for free. I was at the michigan game in 93 and almost died in the crush, I was at the Dayne game when he made his first start and when he set the NCAA rushing record and 20 in between. I stayed up till 4 in the morning listening to the Hawaii game on the radio, trying not to wake up my parents, when he had 330 yards in three quarters as a true freshmen. And most vividly I remember dancing with my parents on State Street at 3 in the morning when we beat MSU in Tokyo to go to the Rose Bowl in 93. My teachers growing up have been former Badger football players three different years. Our high school team was coached by former Badgers. Our pee wee football championship game was played at Camp Randall, right on the terrible old astroturf. I went to high school with 4 guys who ended up playing football at UW. One of my closest friends growing up is now a coach on the team. I'm not some bandwagon fan, I grew up on the UW campus and Badger football has been an integral part of my entire life, good and bad.

And you think the proper thing to do is to abandon all of that because I wanted to experience a different city for college? I'm a trojan horse because I refuse to root against my entire upbringing? Ridiculous. Were you not Gopher fans your whole lives? You didn't start following college football until you were a student here? If you were a fan as a kid you would have had no problem rooting for UW or Iowa after a life time of rooting against them? Some interesting expectations of fandom there. Call me all the names you want I have no shame for being proud of the city where I'm from and yet choosing to broaden my world view somewhere else. I had my choice of both schools and I chose the U to get out of Madison. My academic loyalty is unquestionably with UMN, just not my athletic loyalty. Be ashamed of the other 20,000 U students who couldn't even name the starting QB and have never supported the football team.

I really hope Kill can turn the team around. Its no fun walking on eggshells around my friends because I don't want to kick them when they are down. Only time will tell if he's the right guy but he seems to have a solid plan in place. Even with all this I really just want to talk about football. All I ask is you judge me by the quality of my posts and not just blindly call me stupid because other Badger fans have run their mouths here before.

because I wanted to go to a different city for college I am a terrible person?

Not necessarily. You're a terrible fan, and a terrible alum, but neither of those necessarily make you a terrible person.

Sure you have seen a lot of UW and IA trolls but I would expect you to be smart enough to differentiate between chest thumpers and people who come to talk football.

Sure, I can differentiate. It's a difference without a distinction. In my book, neither are welcome here. I follow the forum rules, which is that this is a place for Gopher fans.

Blah blah blah textual Vadger fellatio

And you loved Madison and Becky football so much that you came to Minneapolis? DOES...NOT...COMPUTE

And you think the proper thing to do is to abandon all of that because I wanted to experience a different city for college?

Yes. I don't get what's so hard to understand.

If you were a fan as a kid you would have had no problem rooting for UW or Iowa after a life time of rooting against them?

If I went to UW or Iowa, I would be a fan of that respective school and its teams. Again, this isn't hard.

Be ashamed of the other 20,000 U students who couldn't even name the starting QB and have never supported the football team.

I am ashamed of all U alums who don't support the athletic teams. I am friends with plenty. Those who are fans of rival schools because they're from there are on a whole new plane of embarrassment.

All I ask is you judge me by the quality of my posts and not just blindly call me stupid because other Badger fans have run their mouths here before.

"Stupid" and "Badger fan" are inexorably linked terms. It's like trying to separate the terms "overweight" and "Madison coed" or "zero-time national champion" and "University of Wisconsin football".

You can do what you think is the best for you. In your position, I will exercise silent neutrality as my right.
I do not care where you came from. However, the moment you decided to be part of an institution or an entity, your vested interest should be about that organization.

Jeez. I have grown up my whole life in the shadow of Camp Randall Stadium, gone to games there every year of my life, every birthday party I've ever had has been at a Badger game since I was 3, (and that was in the mid 80's when we were one of about 10,000 people in the stands), basically grown up at the same time as the program has grown, and because I wanted to go to a different city for college I am a terrible person? I answered a question about the upcoming Wisconsin depth chart in a thread about the Wisconsin depth chart. Sure you have seen a lot of UW and IA trolls but I would expect you to be smart enough to differentiate between chest thumpers and people who come to talk football. I made no grand statements about Badger superiority, simply gave my opinion on this years team and brought up a point about the hypocrisy on both sides for ignoring the whole timeline of the programs in favor of a smaller sample of only successful years.

I have bleed Badger red my whole life, I am one of those few Wisconsinites who is way more into the Badgers then the Packers. My first job was selling hot chocolate in the stands of the Camp when I was 10. I remember when we were the conference punching bag and teams scheduled us for the automatic win. I remember when my friends and I could walk right into the games and sit on the 50 yard line after the third quarter because there were so few people there that they opened up the gates for free. I was at the michigan game in 93 and almost died in the crush, I was at the Dayne game when he made his first start and when he set the NCAA rushing record and 20 in between. I stayed up till 4 in the morning listening to the Hawaii game on the radio, trying not to wake up my parents, when he had 330 yards in three quarters as a true freshmen. And most vividly I remember dancing with my parents on State Street at 3 in the morning when we beat MSU in Tokyo to go to the Rose Bowl in 93. My teachers growing up have been former Badger football players three different years. Our high school team was coached by former Badgers. Our pee wee football championship game was played at Camp Randall, right on the terrible old astroturf. I went to high school with 4 guys who ended up playing football at UW. One of my closest friends growing up is now a coach on the team. I'm not some bandwagon fan, I grew up on the UW campus and Badger football has been an integral part of my entire life, good and bad.

And you think the proper thing to do is to abandon all of that because I wanted to experience a different city for college? I'm a trojan horse because I refuse to root against my entire upbringing? Ridiculous. Were you not Gopher fans your whole lives? You didn't start following college football until you were a student here? If you were a fan as a kid you would have had no problem rooting for UW or Iowa after a life time of rooting against them? Some interesting expectations of fandom there. Call me all the names you want I have no shame for being proud of the city where I'm from and yet choosing to broaden my world view somewhere else. I had my choice of both schools and I chose the U to get out of Madison. My academic loyalty is unquestionably with UMN, just not my athletic loyalty. Be ashamed of the other 20,000 U students who couldn't even name the starting QB and have never supported the football team.

I really hope Kill can turn the team around. Its no fun walking on eggshells around my friends because I don't want to kick them when they are down. Only time will tell if he's the right guy but he seems to have a solid plan in place. Even with all this I really just want to talk about football. All I ask is you judge me by the quality of my posts and not just blindly call me stupid because other Badger fans have run their mouths here before.

You showed up here on the day a top local MN kid flipped to the badgers and minutes after another badger troll had been banned. You had something besides "football talk in mind"

YOUR QUOTEs:
"You can't say 'UW fans are dumb because they have only been good for 20 years"
"why do the last 50 years of terrible football not count against UMN's status"

UW has only been good the last 20 years.
The last 50 years UW has been worse than the U for 30 and better than the U for 20 not simply better than the U.
The U was much better than UW the previous 90 years of our two programs histories, including 6 national titles.

You are the epitome of a UW fan. To you nothing before 1990 exists.
Congrats. Enjoy your blowhard assface of a coach. Enjoy your wins now because there is really no reason your program can't fall back to the pack again. Iowa did after Fry. Nebraska did after Solich. Michigan even did under richrod. You are one or two bad decisions away from becoming very mediocre, and 3 or 4 bad decisions from being back to 1989.

However, the moment you decided to be part of an institution or an entity, your vested interest should be about that organization.

Exactly. How would it look if the CEO of Pepsi walked around wearing Coke gear, constantly drinking Coke, telling everyone around him how awesome Coke is, etc., and his excuse was "Well, I'm from Atlanta." Do you think he'd have a job long?

You should post this on Buckyville. No one east of the St. Croix knows is remotely aware of this.

Top Bottom