Badger look-a-likes on TCU Board

My personal favorite:

Rob Havenstein
5573280.jpeg

Chaz Bono
300.bono.chaz.lc.111909.jpg

I hope Becky loses every game, every year.

My fav:

Wisconsin Badger - Pepe la Pew

I will root for every Big Ten team except Iowa and Wisconsin. I hope they fall down into a pile of their own feces come bowl time.

Why? Why ever root for your archrival to win a bowl game.

This is another one of those debates that comes up every few months. I always pull for every Big 10 team in the bowls and non conference play. This is true with pretty much everyone I personally know, or have participated in athletics with as well. Not everyone is that way. I get it. Cheer on the Frogs if you will and encourage the non AQ's if you want. I won't lose sleep over it.

no true gopher fan will cheer for bucky in the rose bowl. If they win this they gain an even bigger recruiting advantage over us for the next decade.

TCU better kick their asses or i'm gonna be so, so pissed off. Tyler dippel aka Sad day on Christmas was epic.

no true gopher fan will cheer for bucky in the rose bowl. If they win this they gain an even bigger recruiting advantage over us for the next decade.

I could not disagree more. The OSU vs Michigan Rivalry has become the consensus 'best rivalry in college football.' Did it grow to be like that by having one or both of the teams in the toilet? Did one being better have a positive or negative effect on the progress of the other? At the height of that rivalry did some people refer to the Big 10 as the 'Big 2 and Little 8'?

I don't mean to step on toes here and there certainly are exceptions to every rule. But, the more likely someone hasn't coached or played a sport beyond high school, the more likely they will wear a jersey as a fan and the more likely they won't cheer for their fellow conference members. That doesn't make someone 'right' and someone 'wrong'. That's okay... nobody's opinion is worth more than anyone else's. Everyone has the right to cheer for any team they prefer.

I know there are a lot of people that don't see it this way. There are no teams I like to beat more than Iowa and Wisconsin. However, each institution represents the Big 10 and you don't have to go very far to find people bashing the Big 10 and all it stands for (visit a TCU message board lately?).

How many recruits will the U lose if its fellow conference members lose all their bowl games and all its non-conference games? Be careful what you wish for. I'd hate to see the Gophers "gain" by staying mediocre while the rest of the conference becomes the MAC. I'd rather see my team raise its game to stand among the leaders in an elite conference.

Quite frankly, I have a lot more disdain for the SEC and "the Big 10 is too slow" southern schools than I will EVER have for Wisconsin.

I remember this SAME discussion last year after Wisconsin beat Miami. Might as well copy the link because it will come up over and over and people's opinion's won't change.

I could not disagree more. The OSU vs Michigan Rivalry has become the consensus 'best rivalry in college football.' Did it grow to be like that by having one or both of the teams in the toilet? Did one being better have a positive or negative effect on the progress of the other? At the height of that rivalry did some people refer to the Big 10 as the 'Big 2 and Little 8'?

I don't mean to step on toes here and there certainly are exceptions to every rule. But, the more likely someone hasn't coached or played a sport beyond high school, the more likely they will wear a jersey as a fan and the more likely they won't cheer for their fellow conference members. That doesn't make someone 'right' and someone 'wrong'. That's okay... nobody's opinion is worth more than anyone else's. Everyone has the right to cheer for any team they prefer.

I know there are a lot of people that don't see it this way. There are no teams I like to beat more than Iowa and Wisconsin. However, each institution represents the Big 10 and you don't have to go very far to find people bashing the Big 10 and all it stands for (visit a TCU message board lately?).

How many recruits will the U lose if its fellow conference members lose all their bowl games and all its non-conference games? Be careful what you wish for. I'd hate to see the Gophers "gain" by staying mediocre while the rest of the conference becomes the MAC. I'd rather see my team raise its game to stand among the leaders in an elite conference.

Quite frankly, I have a lot more disdain for the SEC and "the Big 10 is too slow" southern schools than I will EVER have for Wisconsin.

I remember this SAME discussion last year after Wisconsin beat Miami. Might as well copy the link because it will come up over and over and people's opinion's won't change.

Wisconsin stole an ass-load of our recruits this year. It matters. Most notably the D-end out of Ohio. F'ers.

Wisconsin stole an ass-load of our recruits this year. It matters. Most notably the D-end out of Ohio. F'ers.

Obviously... they have had a better football program for about 15 years or so. That is the nature of a RIVALRY, and the stuff that WE ALL get worked up about. The question is, do you want to get worked up about it with two 3-9 teams, or two 9-3 teams?

Who is this Becky you keep talking about? Never heard of her.

Guys, guys... I didn't mean to spark a debate. Whether we cheer for the Big 10 or against Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl wasn't the point. We ALL despise Wisconsin on one level or another. The heads-up on TCU's look-alike thread was intended for us all to have a good laugh at Wisconsin's expense. Can't we come together this Christmas season and be unified, if only for a brief moment in time, and make fun of Wisconsin together? Yes, I think we can.

Lets keep the Debate to the other thread. The look alike thread is hilarious. USC does the same thing. I think the TCU board would have a field day with Bruesewitz on the basketball team.

To put in my two cents, I "ALWAYS" root for the B10 teams at bowl time. The better the B10 teams do, the better our conference looks. Otherwise I could give a rip about any of them besides the GOPHERS!!!!

Top Bottom