Badger game TV info

I am obviously aware of 2003. We should have won in 2004 as well. It was a mini-meltdown then. Both years sucked. And the 2004 game was on ESPN Classic as I said.

Per gophersports.com, the 2003 and 2004 Michigan games were on ESPN. The 2007 Michigan game was on ESPN Classic.

Gopher Sports is incorrect. Pretty sure that's not the first time.

You people need to get DirecTV. Part of our main package.

Maybe I'm just not aware, but I don't recall ever seeing a B1G vs. B1G matchup ever appear on ESPNU. It would seem especially odd given the rivalry aspect and the fact that we aren't a complete flop of a team this year as opposed to recent seasons, so I don't get why it would happen now. I can understand them thinking the other three games are "better", but would BTN not pick up this game? Two of those three TBDs go in the 11am slot on ESPN/ESPN2, and then the 3rd on the 2:30 slot. Or, even if one of them goes on BTN, the overflow channels would be better IMO than ESPNU. Seems messed up.

I believe the Gophers vs Penn State game in 2010 was on ESPNU

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Purdue game based on the fact that ALL the other BT games are already scheduled for 10/27. The rumors of a night game appear to have been shut down and with 5pm and 7pm games already on the docket, it seems unlikely. 2:30pm on BTN maybe?

Sat 10/27/12 Indiana @ Illinois Champaign, Ill. ESPN/2/BTN 12:00 PM ET
Sat 10/27/12 Iowa @ Northwestern Evanston, Ill. ESPN/2/BTN 12:00 PM ET
Sat 10/27/12 Michigan State @ Wisconsin Madison, Wis. ABC 3:30 PM ET
Sat 10/27/12 Ohio State @ Penn State State College, Pa. ESPN/ESPN2 6:00 PM ET
Sat 10/27/12 Michigan @ Nebraska Lincoln, Neb. ABC/ESPN/2 8:00 PM ET
Sat 10/27/12 Purdue @ Minnesota Minneapolis, Minn. TBA

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Purdue game based on the fact that ALL the other BT games are already scheduled for 10/27. The rumors of a night game appear to have been shut down and with 5pm and 7pm games already on the docket, it seems unlikely. 2:30pm on BTN maybe?

Sat 10/27/12 Indiana @ Illinois Champaign, Ill. ESPN/2/BTN 12:00 PM ET
Sat 10/27/12 Iowa @ Northwestern Evanston, Ill. ESPN/2/BTN 12:00 PM ET
Sat 10/27/12 Michigan State @ Wisconsin Madison, Wis. ABC 3:30 PM ET
Sat 10/27/12 Ohio State @ Penn State State College, Pa. ESPN/ESPN2 6:00 PM ET
Sat 10/27/12 Michigan @ Nebraska Lincoln, Neb. ABC/ESPN/2 8:00 PM ET
Sat 10/27/12 Purdue @ Minnesota Minneapolis, Minn. TBA

Almost certainly, yeah, looking like it will be a 2:30 or 3:00 kick on BTN.

Yes, I was referring to Doogie and his chat with Athletic Department officials.

Last time I checked two night games qualifies as multiple night games and in late October, I think we can agree that a 5pm Central kickoff is a night game. There have been up to 3 night games at once this year, but that was in the non-conference portion of the schedule where there were 10-12 games to cover as opposed to now in conference play when there are 5-6. Please read, I did not rule it out, I said "it seems unlikely." I also recall earlier in the year that Jerry Kill stated Syracuse would be the only night game.

As far as BTN programming that evening, I could not find a hockey of volleyball game that is scheduled for that night on the network, so I suppose there is a chance.

You people need to get DirecTV. Part of our main package.

I do recommend Directv, but for some, it's not an option. Like my friend wanted to get it, but their location and the trees in the area prevented them from getting it so they had no choice but to get cable.

And thanks to others for the clarifications on B1G ESPNU games, I just didn't really recall it.

I never said it was going to be a certain night game. I said that's a rumor that I heard, and that's it.

I know. But you savaged me for suggesting a week ago that it appeared it was not happening. That is all.

Top Bottom