Bad News on the Covid Front

This is actually a really interesting discussion, with a large, predictable seasonal excess deaths - 20-30k more per month at the peak in Jan/Feb versus the trough in the summer - year in and year out. Are all these seasonal “excess deaths” related to an increase in viral infections, lack of vitamin D/suppressed immune systems with knock on viral and immune mediated cascades of thrombosis, coronary events, death? Some other mechanism? Temperature only? What percent of the yearly swell in deaths can be linked to common and non-novel viral infections? Possibly quite high? Shall we PCR test every hospitalized person for bits of influenza, rhino, adeno, corona and others‘ nucleic acids to find any correlations?

There's your Ph.D. thesis. Please report back in 100 years after you've figured it out.

Personally I always thought pompous elitist was either a liberal or a independent that leaned liberal. I was a liberal and now I'm independent that leans conservative.

Anyone want to discuss Trump or Biden in this thread too?

Personally I always thought pompous elitist was either a liberal or a independent that leaned liberal. I was a liberal and now I'm independent that leans conservative.
LOL no. PE is a pretty hardcore anti-regulation libertarian, at least as far as business regulations go. I could see him leaning liberal on social issues, but again would guess moreso libertarian in the sense of "rights", "personal freedom", and all that.

Anyone want to discuss Trump or Biden in this thread too?
Meh. Fleck will never give up the info before Friday, at the very earliest. I expect to learn who is out for the game from the Saturday paper in the morning.

Meh. Fleck will never give up the info before Friday, at the very earliest. I expect to learn who is out for the game from the Saturday paper in the morning.
I think you're not going to know anything until Gaard looks around during warmups and notices who is/isn't on the field or in street clothes.

Coaches being coaches, we will know who is playing in the game when the game starts.

No sense worrying about it. again, a player could be out with covid, with an injury, or out for disciplinary reasons, and most people won't know why until after the game.

If a player is in uniform and steps on the field, he's playing. if a player is not in uniform, he's not playing.

does the "why" really matter?

the real question is whether the coaches can come up with a good game plan, and put players in a position where they have the greatest chance of success.

Top Bottom