bad news coming for hoops

Go4

Reaction score
247 site says bad news coming on gopher hoops in next week, not recruiting. wonder if it’s cooper injury. everyone making guesses, site lead just teasing news for clicks

Has to be another injury which would be Minnesota’s luck. Battle had an Instagram story about overcoming adversity in the last day. Really hope the bad news is not about him.

Really? That's all the 247 site had to say?

seems late for a coach to leave, maybe garcia News not eligible by ncaa?

Just great...

Perhaps Battle and Cooper out with injuries and Garcia's transfer denied. Bad news comes in 3's.

Last edited:

seems late for a coach to leave, maybe garcia News not eligible by ncaa?
I would bet on Garcia. NCAA is.voting on open transfers on or around the 3rd of August.

Last edited:

I would bet on Garcia. NCAA is.voting on open transfers on or around the 3rd of August.
I dont know what I'm talking about, but doesnt make any sense to deny garcia when he probably has best reason for anybody and the NCAA thinking about open tranfering.

Not Garcia
Any idea on what it would be then, he's the only one that transfered twice. If it was an injury it wouldn't be communicated via 247.

Any idea on what it would be then, he's the only one that transfered twice. If it was an injury it wouldn't be communicated via 247.
could be a coach leaving, wouldn’t be thorson. could be a freshman ruled ineligible for some reason.

If you haven't seen it, there is a separate thread talking about Ta'Lon Cooper being seen at a local event wearing a neck brace. Supposedly was involved in a car accident, but "someone" says it was not serious.

who knows.

I'm going with it's not player related. Maybe a pre-BIG season tournament they got in is going to be cancelled or moved?

I'm going with it's not player related. Maybe a pre-BIG season tournament they got in is going to be cancelled or moved?
Let’s hope this is the case. If it was a player issue like eligibility or an injury it would have already come out.

Is this from the GopherIllustrated site? If so, I’m much less concerned with the word “bad”. While they are certainly plugged in over there, they are in the business of selling subscriptions for info that is generally public.

Hope I’m mistaken this time

Is this from the GopherIllustrated site? If so, I’m much less concerned with the word “bad”. While they are certainly plugged in over there, they are in the business of selling subscriptions for info that is generally public.

Hope I’m mistaken this time
Gopherillustrated makes me laugh.

No idea, but they haven't filed the paperwork on Garcia.

So someone that makes money off of high school students is letting the world know that bad news is coming on the Gophers but won’t tell what the bad news is? JFC this is obnoxious. If you know the news then report it, if you can’t then STFU. Last thing he should do is make people guess all week. I’m sure the U is thrilled. Maybe someone got arrested? Maybe someone flunked out? Let’s speculate!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My lord this is what people pay for?

Nicole Auerbach reported on The Athletic yesterday that her sources are saying this is not likely to pass with the actual board of directors. (It was just a recommendation put forth by a committee.)

If they were counting on the NCAA passing the unlimited transfers rule in order for Garcia to be eligible to play here ... that seems odd?

I thought the plan the whole times was to get a hardship waiver because he wanted/needed to be closer to home due to family medical?

247 now saying injury but won’t say who. making people guess.

So, something like: it was an injury, it happened this week at some point, they know it's bad, GI already knows about it and knows it's bad, but Ben is waiting until next week to make a formal announcement?

And nothing will leak out before that? Seems like Fox's injury spread like wildfire pretty quickly?

So someone that makes money off of high school students is letting the world know that bad news is coming on the Gophers but won’t tell what the bad news is? JFC this is obnoxious. If you know the news then report it, if you can’t then STFU. Last thing he should do is make people guess all week. I’m sure the U is thrilled. Maybe someone got arrested? Maybe someone flunked out? Let’s speculate!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My lord this is what people pay for?
He thought the news was coming out the next day. It did not.

Since I'm a Minnesota Sports fan, I will go with Battle.

Top Bottom