Bad day for the Gophers but......

rpgopherfan

Reaction score
A great day for the BIG. The top three teams tOSU, Spartans, and Badgers all beat very good teams, all on Jan 1st. The BIG is BACK!!!! Now longer the laughing stock of the P5!

A great day for the BIG. The top three teams tOSU, Spartans, and Badgers all beat very good teams, all on Jan 1st. The BIG is BACK!!!! Now longer the laughing stock of the P5!

OSU and the relief of Rodney Smith not transferring are good enough for me to numb a bowl loss.

I think these past two days pretty much ensure that OSU and TCU will be #1 and #2 in the polls next year, and we play both of them!

Good showing for B1G bowl teams. Playing for the National is huge. Gawd I hope we've heard the last of the B1G bashing from the talking heads now.

Records for the P5 now overall:

ACC: 4-6
B10: 5-4
B12: 1-4
PAC: 5-1
SEC: 5-5

Think I have those right

Hopefully Jerry and staff review each of the three games and use it as inspiration and motivation to improve.

The SEC's three highest ranked teams lost in the last 48 hours, two of them getting blown out and the third losing to a third string quarterback. If this were the B1G, the talking heads would be railing on how weak our conference is, hopefully the SEC gets the same treatment.

Would have been great if we could have made it a clean sweep especially since 3 of the wins would have been against the SEC but as pointed out it was a very good day for the conference. Overall the Big Ten has also done very well in bowl games. 2 of the 4 loses were games where we really had little shot to begin with (Maryland vs. Stanford and Nebraska vs. USC). The 3 wins today were all huge from a National perspective and having OSU playing for the title is good for the conference as well. Just wish we would have played better today and done our part to help out the conference.

I'm still devastated over the loss.

However......I'm elated that the other Big Ten teams did well. It helps everyone. Go Big Ten!!!! GO OSU!!!! Despite my jealousy.......win the national championship. Considering the flack we've taken......ALL the Big Ten (save Michigan) is behind you.

Would have been great if we could have made it a clean sweep especially since 3 of the wins would have been against the SEC but as pointed out it was a very good day for the conference. Overall the Big Ten has also done very well in bowl games. 2 of the 4 loses were games where we really had little shot to begin with (Maryland vs. Stanford and Nebraska vs. USC). The 3 wins today were all huge from a National perspective and having OSU playing for the title is good for the conference as well. Just wish we would have played better today and done our part to help out the conference.

Well said.

Well said.

+19..............................and that's my highest number.

Edit: I'm watching the OSU/ALA post game and the idiot Mark May. I don't get as worked up about the media as most here, but every time I see Mark May I think of his comment when we fired Tubby. "Who does Minnesota think they are?" What an ass.

+19..............................and that's my highest number.

Edit: I'm watching the OSU/ALA post game and the idiot Mark May. I don't get as worked up about the media as most here, but every time I see Mark May I think of his comment when we fired Tubby. "Who does Minnesota think they are?" What an ass.

On a lighter note....are you missing a finger or a toe??? LMAO.....just kidding.

The SEC's three highest ranked teams lost in the last 48 hours, two of them getting blown out and the third losing to a third string quarterback. If this were the B1G, the talking heads would be railing on how weak our conference is, hopefully the SEC gets the same treatment.

Nah, it wasn't fair because most of their bowl games weren't as close to home as they usually are. Huge disadvantage for them this year. :p

Top Bottom