Back to Back

Holy Man

Reaction score
I tried to find information on why Minnesota pandemic protocols prohibit the team playing different teams in a 48 or 72 hour period (can't remember), but couldn't find it. Creates an interesting opportunity but I'm not seeing what safety benefit there is by separating games against different teams. Will this potentially impact B1G games? I haven;t looked at schedule closely enough to figure out.

I tried to find information on why Minnesota pandemic protocols prohibit the team playing different teams in a 48 or 72 hour period (can't remember), but couldn't find it. Creates an interesting opportunity but I'm not seeing what safety benefit there is by separating games against different teams. Will this potentially impact B1G games? I haven;t looked at schedule closely enough to figure out.
I believe that it has something to do with having more than one opponent in the building during a three day period and figuring that an additional team creates greater exposure risk. Originally, the plan was for there to be three teams and have each play the other over three or four days. The new limit on the number of teams in the facility meant that couldn't happen, so they are playing ULM twice as a way for each team to get in the two games thay had planned and help justify the travel expense. I believe they could have played back-to-back days, like they do in hockey, but they had already planned to play Saturday-Monday and had TV slots for those times.

I can’t answer your questions so instead I slipped in a topical Replacements song.

I believe that it has something to do with having more than one opponent in the building during a three day period and figuring that an additional team creates greater exposure risk. Originally, the plan was for there to be three teams and have each play the other over three or four days. The new limit on the number of teams in the facility meant that couldn't happen, so they are playing ULM twice as a way for each team to get in the two games thay had planned and help justify the travel expense. I believe they could have played back-to-back days, like they do in hockey, but they had already planned to play Saturday-Monday and had TV slots for those times.

Thanks. So the talked about MTE when we backed out of Mohegan went by the wayside because of this? Would be interesting to see some data that demonstrates this helps. Even states with tight restrictions (CT) didn't make it this tight. Is this a state or U requirement? Sounds like state from the descriptions, but not completely clear.

Just glad to be playing games. It was grim seeing my empty seat from the wide angle panned shot at GB game.

Thanks. So the talked about MTE when we backed out of Mohegan went by the wayside because of this? Would be interesting to see some data that demonstrates this helps. Even states with tight restrictions (CT) didn't make it this tight. Is this a state or U requirement? Sounds like state from the descriptions, but not completely clear.

Just glad to be playing games. It was grim seeing my empty seat from the wide angle panned shot at GB game.
I think it's a state requirement, but haven't researched it to be honest. Here's the blurb Marcus had on it. It doesn't shed too much light.

Gophers basketball to play Loyola Marymount twice

No idea of the logic in a team spending 3 days in town with nothing to do but play two games? That leaves a lot of hours to fill, some would seem like they’d be in public?
Richard commented it was a requirement of the Governor.

No idea of the logic in a team spending 3 days in town with nothing to do but play two games? That leaves a lot of hours to fill, some would seem like they’d be in public?
Pretty dumb. If what they did was allowed they should’ve just played two days in a row and gotten out of town.

Economic Impact requirement of the Governor. By forcing LMU to stay in town till the first of Dec, he can tax the players and coaches for both months!

Pretty dumb. If what they did was allowed they should’ve just played two days in a row and gotten out of town.

Thought someone said they talked about that, but decided otherwise based on TV slot being open on Monday night.

Top Bottom