Otis

Reaction score
Just the teams with a chance.

Iowa (3-2)
NW (@ Wrigley)
Rutgers
Illinois
@Nebraska

With their offense, they could lose any of these games! Should drop at least 1, maybe 2 and finish 6-3 or 5-4. But they are Iowa and could win them all.

Wisconsin (3-1)
OSU
@ Indiana
NW
Nebraska
@Minnesota

Automatic loss to OSU. Could lose to Nebraska and Minnesota but will probably come to Minny with only 2 B1G losses.

Minnesota (2-2)
MSU
Illinois
@Purdue
@OSU
Wisconsin

Much like Iowa, the Gophers could lose any of these games. They should take the next three, lose to OSU, and set up a winner takes all game for the axe! But it should be one game at a time approach all the way to the end.

Nebraska (2-2) Dark Horse
Purdue
@MSU
MARYLAND
@Wisconsin
Iowa

Sound similar, they could easily lose all these games. But they aren’t going to be out of any of them either. Hard to see them getting through MD, Whisky and Iowa unscathed, in fact, they won’t. But Gopher fans will be Huskers fans that last week!

So who will win the West?
Hell if I know.
But it could be the Gophers!

Just the teams with a chance.

Iowa (3-2)
NW (@ Wrigley)
Rutgers
Illinois
@Nebraska

With their offense, they could lose any of these games! Should drop at least 1, maybe 2 and finish 6-3 or 5-4. But they are Iowa and could win them all.

Wisconsin (3-1)
OSU
@ Indiana
NW
Nebraska
@Minnesota

Automatic loss to OSU. Could lose to Nebraska and Minnesota but will probably come to Minny with only 2 B1G losses.

Minnesota (2-2)
MSU
Illinois
@Purdue
@OSU
Wisconsin

Much like Iowa, the Gophers could lose any of these games. They should take the next three, lose to OSU, and set up a winner takes all game for the axe! But it should be one game at a time approach all the way to the end.

Nebraska (2-2) Dark Horse
Purdue
@MSU
MARYLAND
@Wisconsin
Iowa

Sound similar, they could easily lose all these games. But they aren’t going to be out of any of them either. Hard to see them getting through MD, Whisky and Iowa unscathed, in fact, they won’t. But Gopher fans will be Huskers fans that last week!

So who will win the West?
Hell if I know.
But it could be the Gophers!
I think we win it, which would be sweeter IMO, as it would be unexpected, especially after the NW debacle.

So long as Iowa doesn't win out, the Gophers are in the thick of it. The Gophers, very uncharacteristically, already own the tie-breaker against Iowa and Nebraska. And if we beat the Badgers, we will own the tie-breaker against all three other possible candidates for the West Title. Best season-end positioning since PJ took over. Do your job, Gophers. No more inexplicable face-plants in games we should win. No more slow starts falling behind 14-0 because the other teams did stuff we 'didn't expect." Every remaining game is a should-win or toss-up except OSU. Git 'er done! Make this season memorable despite the early bumps in the road. Go Gophers.

Yes Iowa’s offense is bad but that is the cupcakiest of cupcake schedules. They’re not losing again IMO.

Using Sagarin's odds here are the percentages for the 8 possible results this weekend.

Wis LWis LWis LWis LWis WWis WWis WWis W
Min LMin WMin LMin WMin LMin WMin LMin W
Neb LNeb LNeb WNeb WNeb LNeb LNeb WNeb W
10%​
21%​
16%​
33%​
3%​
5%​
4%​
8%​

Yes Iowa’s offense is bad but that is the cupcakiest of cupcake schedules. They’re not losing again IMO.
Nebraska had a much worse team last season, and still managed to beat Iowa in Kinnick to keep them out of the title game. They have an excellent chance of beating them in Lincoln on Black Friday.

Rutgers is totally decent as well and will have a shot.

It's not just who you play, but when you play them. Nebby, with a new coaching staff, is getting better as the season progresses. On the other hand, I think IWOA is going backward. The calls to fire Brian Ferentz are going to impact them (I mean really, how can anyone say keeping Brian on the staff is the right decision), and there's got to be a lot of internal strife in IWOA's locker room between the D-players feeling the O-players aren't producing. I'm giving Nebby the win in that game.

Also, when IWOA plays Illinois, that could be Illinois's shot at becoming bowl-eligible, so more motivation for them to win.

There are scenarios where the gophers clinch before kickoff of Wisconsin game even with an Ohio state loss

But it involves Wisconsin going 0-4 in the next 4

Top Bottom