B1G Tournament Bracket 2022

Paid attendance could be 4000.
Someone I know who was there said they though it looked about 70% full, which would be 7,000 fans there. We won't know for sure unless we get the scanned ticket statistics for this game.

It certainly looked pretty full on TV.

Someone I know who was there said they though it looked about 70% full, which would be 7,000 fans there. We won't know for sure unless we get the scanned ticket statistics for this game.

The TV announcers gave an attendance figure on air, don’t recall the exact number but was in the 7000’s. They mentioned how impressive it was considering the state high school tournament and that the students are on break.

Against Michigan I would not be surprised of a 9000+ Game

70% is pretty accurate. There were a few sections empty, since all seats were the same price. Turnout was way better than I expected, and those who were there were loud - the rouser after Walker's goal was one of the loudest in a while.

Star Trib article says announced crowd of 6,856 so your friend has a pretty good eye. Record attendance for the Big Ten in this format.

Star Trib article says announced crowd of 6,856 so your friend has a pretty good eye. Record attendance for the Big Ten in this format.
I imagine the game vs Michigan might be even fuller, especially since I think probably more Michigan alum live in the area than Penn State alum, so there may be more "away" fans present too.

I imagine the game vs Michigan might be even fuller, especially since I think probably more Michigan alum live in the area than Penn State alum, so there may be more "away" fans present too.
Michigan game will definitely be fuller.

1. It's a championship game.
2. Michigan is a name brand opponent with whom we have an old rivalry, plus your comment about alumni/fans in the area.
3. No state tournament (biggest factor).

Get your seats now, should be a blast!

Whatever they did for the PSU game, it worked. Almost 5k more than a typical playoff game the past couple years. Student section was full (I think $5 tickets for them) and most sections except the end opposing the student sections were full.

Looking at the Michigan game, it already looks like more seats are purchased then last weekend. I'm guessing a 9k crowd.

Whatever they did for the PSU game, it worked. Almost 5k more than a typical playoff game the past couple years. Student section was full (I think $5 tickets for them) and most sections except the end opposing the student sections were full.

Looking at the Michigan game, it already looks like more seats are purchased then last weekend. I'm guessing a 9k crowd.
I don't know about ticket prices and/or advertisment but I think a huge part is the winning streak the team is on energizing the fans.

I don't know about ticket prices and/or advertisment but I think a huge part is the winning streak the team is on energizing the fans.
There are a lot of factors impacting attendance, but winning trumps all. This town and fan base is starved for a champion - bring home a national title this year and people will come to watch.

I just hand counted 494 available seats in gopher sports. Dare I saw we may see a sellout?
I bought tix on Monday, and the amount sold since then is pretty remarkable. Based on this rate, it will almost assuredly be a sellout.

I just hand counted 494 available seats in gopher sports. Dare I saw we may see a sellout?
Down to singles now. I didn't count but a brief scan on gophersports.com shows probably not much more than 100 available.

Down to singles now. I didn't count but a brief scan on gophersports.com shows probably not much more than 100 available.
Counted 29 singles just now - all in the end that is opposite the student end. Now offering SRO tickets (also at $30+$3 fee) - which at Mariucci is not that bad for viewing.

This will also likely be a game 10 years from now we look back at and marvel at the amount of NHL players that played in this game.

Gophers:
Meyers
Faber
Knies
Johnson
Lacombe (TBD if he sticks in the NHL, but will get a shot)
Possibly: Koster, Pitlick, Mclaughlin, Broz, Huglen

Wolverines:
Power
Brisson
Beniers
Hughes
Samskevich
Johnson
Blankenburg
Bordeleau
Probably others I'm forgetting

Surprised that ticket outfits like StubHub (who is the Gophers favored secondary market ticket vendor) and SeatGeek do not even have this game listed in their ticket inventories. Of course the participants and the place was not confirmed until late last Saturday - but they should be able to adjust. Some of the other "marginal" ticket sites have the game listed, but with the wrong time. I'll be there will be many who wouldn't mind paying extra to go - their loss, I guess

This could very easily be a paid attendance number of 10,700-10,800, which will be an arena record.
Certainly glad they bucked the attendance trend of previous B1G tournaments that you brought up.

No seated tickets left, just SRO. Should be pretty electric!

Top Bottom