B1G Non-Conference Games 2021-22

Eastern Michigan cancels game with Michigan.

The Eastern Michigan University women's basketball team announced today, Dec. 16, that its upcoming games against IUPUI, Dec. 18, and the University of Michigan, Dec. 22, have been canceled.

Due to the fast-approaching Mid-American Conference schedule, the games will not be made up

The Wolverines 11-1 knocked off #5 Baylor 9-2 in overtime 74-68. Leigha Brown had a game: 25 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists. Naz Hillmon contributed 15 points and 10 rebounds before fouling out in regulation. It was the Wolverines first win over a top five team.

Nia Clouden scored 50 for Michigan State in double OT loss to FCGU. Former Buckeye Kierstan Bell led FCGU down the stretch.

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Despite a program record-breaking 50-point performance from senior guard Nia Clouden, Michigan State women's basketball was edged by Florida Gulf Coast, 85-84 in double overtime Monday in the first game of the West Palm Beach Invitational.

FGCU's Kierstan Bell's fast break layup with 43 seconds led the Eagles to victory. Michigan State led by four with 58 second left before Bell scored the final five points of the game.

Clouden broke All-American Tori Jankoska's record of 42 points, which was set against Ohio State on Jan. 17, 2017. The 50 points is also the most points scored in the NCAA this season. She becomes just third Big Ten player ever to score 50 points, joining Minnesota's Rachel Banham (2015-16) and Michigan's Naz Hillman (2020-21).

Iowa closed the non-conference season with a loss falling to IUPUI in Iowa City 74-73. The Jags hit two foul shots with 3 seconds remaining to take the lead. The Hawkeyes missed a jumper in the lane as time expired.

Iowa led comfortably until the fourth quarter when IUPUI battled back.

I should add that IUPUI is 5-4.
The Jags lost in OT to MIchigan. And they had to forfeit two league games (Cleveland State and Purdue Fort Wayne) due to covid. The Jags also lost to Ball State.

Both the Wright State @ Indiana and Oregon @ Northwestern games scheduled for tonight have been canceled. I was looking forward to the Ducks and Wildcats.

Iowa closed the non-conference season with a loss falling to IUPUI in Iowa City 74-73. The Jags hit two foul shots with 3 seconds remaining to take the lead. The Hawkeyes missed a jumper in the lane as time expired.

Iowa led comfortably until the fourth quarter when IUPUI battled back.
Clarks shooting numbers are way down so far this year, came into the game at 38% from the field and 25% from 3, looks like she went 1-7 from 3 today. I have no doubt she'll bounce back soon but its something to watch.

Clark way overrated if she wins any first team or POTY awards given Paige is out. Rest of Iowa is bad so she just shoots a ton at pretty poor percentages

I am not sure Clark is overrated but she is definitely struggling with her shooting percentage so far this season. She has a beautiful shot and I do admire her for staying home to represent her state unlike Paige.

I am not sure Clark is overrated but she is definitely struggling with her shooting percentage so far this season. She has a beautiful shot and I do admire her for staying home to represent her state unlike Paige.
unlike Paige? it wasn't her fault that Stolling didn't even go to any of her games in 4 years or hardly get over to a Hopkin practice... Paige wasn't staying home.. don't blame Paige for the Gophers not recruiting her.

unlike Paige? it wasn't her fault that Stolling didn't even go to any of her games in 4 years or hardly get over to a Hopkin practice... Paige wasn't staying home.. don't blame Paige for the Gophers not recruiting her.
Paige had an offer to play for the gophers while Lindsey was coach
Paige decided to go away to play despite the offer
Did someone other than Paige make the decision?

Well...that was fun to watch. Missouri defeats South Carolina 70-69 on an overtime layup with 0.1 remaining on the clock.

Top Bottom