B1G Means Billions

While adding these 4 dilutes historic athletic rivalries, it's an academic and financial coup.

Technically, you could add Johns Hopkins (Big Ten Lacrosse) and they are the highest US research spend school, almost double what overall #3 Michigan is.

With inevitable expansion we need the lockdown premier sports programs in every large TV market. This is now a business. We should be college sports America. 24 schools in 4 divisions.

Cal should not be included in anything! They are like the alphabet movement nothing but issues and problems
Alphabet is a $1.6T global technology company, the most successful new company of the current century. Former CEO Eric Schmidt is a Cal alum and Alphabet is full of proud Golden Bears. The company was founded at Stanford.

While adding these 4 dilutes historic athletic rivalries, it's an academic and financial coup.

Technically, you could add Johns Hopkins (Big Ten Lacrosse) and they are the highest US research spend school, almost double what overall #3 Michigan is.
I just keep in my mind that the historical connection is the Rose Bowl.

Alphabet is a $1.6T global technology company, the most successful new company of the current century. Former CEO Eric Schmidt is a Cal alum and Alphabet is full of proud Golden Bears. The company was founded at Stanford.
Alphabet also has many proud B1G alum (including yours truly)! Co-founder Jeff Dean got his undergrad degree at the U.

Thanks, the company has been shown to have many shady business practices according to their litigation history. Again, proved my point, nothing but issues and problems.

Thanks, the company has been shown to have many shady business practices according to their litigation history. Again, proved my point, nothing but issues and problems.
The issues and problems only come from homophobes like you.

Face it old man, the world has passed you by. Now you are just bitter.

The issues and problems only come from homophobes like you.

Face it old man, the world has passed you by. Now you are just bitter.
So your auto response counter to his opinion is to call him a homophobe? That's classy.

What I find amazing is that our bottom 12 schools have more research dollars than any other conference. Even without Stanford and California. We still double up the next best competitor. I am curious if anyone has done something similar to foundation dollars. My guess it would be similar. The financial, social and sheer numbers of the B1G is amazing.

So your auto response counter to his opinion is to call him a homophobe? That's classy.
Yes. He's making the assertion randomly and without evidence on a college football message board than an entire class of people (representing a wide range of identities) causes "nothing but issues and problems". He is a homophobe.

I know it's become trendy over the last 6-12 months in certain circles to believe this after it looked like American society had finally moved on. Now these kinds of comments are absolutely everywhere, peppering all kinds of places I frequent. It's exhausting.

Imagine if he said this about Blacks? Jews? Christians? People would be calling for bans.

Sure...

The cards on the table involved the "reputation" of Alphabet as a major UCal backer.

FMLizard opened with the raise of CEO as a Cal alum plus Alphabet is full of proud Bears...

You did not fold but rather continued and raised him with the 3rd bet by an UMN company co-founder plus many B1G alums also at Alphabet...

Admittedly had some strong coffee this morning...apologies...

Last edited:

Top Bottom